brownwwod

Closed Thread
Old 11-05-2017, 11:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I live close to LSL so that is my local square and I love being there. IMHO what makes LSL is the coffee shops - Panera's and Starbucks. They are both great places to just sit and watch people. Maybe Brownwood would benefit from a Coffee shop!

I also think the design of the other two squares is more appealing. Personally, I like the effect of a central entertainment area surrounded by stores.
Like the Dunkin Donuts there?
Old 11-05-2017, 12:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
NO! Like a Panera

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 11-06-2017, 09:38 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
Brownwood is not attractive, IMHO. Not enough large shade trees, NO water feature, NO town square ( simply a tiny outdoor entertainment venue ) It’s just not inviting at all, not even the huge billboards are inviting, a steer ? It simply lacks attractiveness. They cheaped out on the town square but paid too much for bronze cattle. That money could have been better spent. Not everyone is in agreement with honoring the cattle industry in a Florida retirement setting.
It also lacks the energy felt in the other town squares. I don’t think a hotel and medical facilities will do anything for this brown elephant. IMHO
It might do better as a children’s western theme park. Tear down the stadium seating and add a playground jungle gym. Charge admission so the kids can play cowboys, get deputized and chase bank robbers, build a small water park for summer time fun. The grandkids won’t want to leave.
Full disclosure, we are full time residents south of 466A and frequent LSL & Spanish Springs even though Brownwood is in our “backyard”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
...and IMHO, you are dead wrong !

Old 11-06-2017, 10:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierPa View Post
...and IMHO, you are dead wrong !

Ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-2017, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
The Brownwood Dunkin Donuts could use a little competition. Another coffee oriented shop would be appreciated.
Closed Thread

Tags
brownwood, empty, small, news, paper

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.