Building in Buttonwood

Closed Thread
Old 05-23-2011, 06:26 PM
Talking Unfurnished Buttonwood

A match made in heaven. My wife and I are purchasing a home in Buttonwood and the closing is set for the end of June.

The address is 2121 Jordan Street in the Village of Buttonwood. The house is 2,100 sf 3BR 2 Bath. Upgrades include a new washer & Dryer, walk-in Master Bath shower, tile through-out (excluding the Bedrooms), solid surface counter tops (Corian) and a golf cart garage. It is a "Designer" home and the model is the "Holly". If you go to the villages website you can look under new homes and pick house models "Holly". Select one of the Holly's for sale to see a floor plan.

The house is new construction. You would be the first in the home.

I am currently in Virginia Beach, Va but if you want to see the home my sister-in-law lives in The Villages and can help. I believe the going rate of this size home is $1,600 but it would be negotiable. I would rather take less than to keep it empty. Contact me at 757-495-9717 or at gshevock@msn.com
Old 05-23-2011, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
Newvillagegirl,

Where in Maryland are you from? My wife and I moved from Silver Spring about 18 months ago and just love The Villages.
We have lived in Aberdeen or Havre de Grace for the last 35 years.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:31 PM
Default Buttonwood

Welcome to all of you newbee's. We have lived in TV for 6 years and 5 months. Yes, we are one of those snow birds and now proud owners of TWO houses here. Newest one in Buttonwood.
Just a word to the wise - and please please take heed - Before doing any business with anyone contact the Seniors against Crime at the Sheriff dept on 466. I am telling you from experience. I don't care how long a company has been in busy in the area it is a must. There is no one or department that is going around and kicking these fly by nights out. They do not even mention these people in your "Welcome to the Villages" meeting that each of you will go to once you have signed your paperwork.
When researching for new lani's you are not stuck with D & T either. There have been some great jobs done by other smaller groups for a lower dollar amount. D & T is very tight with the builder and does charge the most.
Do your homework please.
Again welcome and get ready for a wonderful life.
BooBear

Last edited by boobear51751; 08-22-2011 at 12:32 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-22-2011, 05:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmemac View Post
We have lived in Aberdeen or Havre de Grace for the last 35 years.
We were one or two exits down from you, just moved here in July from Abingdon. If you have recently been up there then you maybe have seen the new huge grocery store called Wegman's being built. It's scheduled to open in September but the new assistant manager bought our home back in May.

I was up your way many times playing golf at The Wetlands or at Furnace Bay over in Perryville. We now live in Tamarind Grove in Southern Star Villas, if you see a black Yamaha golf cart with Baltimore Ravens decals then that's probably me.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:58 PM

Nice to know other Raven fans-we'll have to have some Raven parties before games!!!!
Taught physics and chemistry to teenagers for 37 years!! Started out in Rhinebeck,NY and ended up in Havre de Grace, MD-moved to Buttonwood full time and then moved to Labelle, but still go north to do some goose/deer hunting !!!!
Old 08-22-2011, 09:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

jimmemac, I see from your signature that you taught science. I remember playing golf about year or so ago at Wetlands with a science teacher who I think taught in Northeast, MD. I remember him because he said he owned two Honda Prius cars, that wouldn't be you is it?
Old 08-25-2011, 12:36 PM

My husband and I have closed on our house in Buttonwood.. July 13... It is on Hames Way.. I don't know the streets yet, so I don't know what is nearby. I have now started my search for golf cart info.. We hope we will be down in the spring or summer.. Any ideas on Golf carts???
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.