Building in Collier looking to meet some neighbors

Closed Thread
Old 06-30-2013, 02:12 PM
Default Building in Collier looking to meet some neighbors

Hi:

Paul & Ivy from CT here. We came down to TV for the first time in March, decided TV was what we are looking for, put a deposit on a lot in Pinellas and scheduled our "home design" trip for the week before Memorial Day. When Collier became available a week before our visit, we switched to the lot we are building on located on Evans Prairie Trail. We are planning a visit July 17-20 to check the house out, order furniture, blinds, etc. (no golf), our closing is scheduled for August 19th. If anyone else from our new neighborhood is around during those couple of days lets see if we can get together and compare notes. Our house in CT just went on the market and regardless of what happens we plan on being down in late September.

Paul & Ivy
Old 06-30-2013, 10:02 PM
Default We are Moving to Collier As Well

We are Jennifer and Don and are also moving to Collier. We are originally from West Virginia (Jennifer) and Michigan (Don). We close on our house on the 19th, but will not be moving in until much later as we have not finalized our retirement plans yet - we will be butterflies for awhile.

We will be at the Villages in late September. I will send you a PM when our travel schedule is fixed and see if we can meet up.

Don
Old 07-04-2013, 09:27 AM

Hi -
We expect to close on our new home on Hollyoak Way at the end of August. We still have our home in Fairfax County as one of us will work through the end of the year while the other retires in early September. We plan to visit as soon as our new Iris is finished and will be back and forth between The Villages and Virginia for a while.
Would love to hear from any new neighbors!
Sue & Don
Old 07-10-2013, 05:24 AM

Hi all- we are Peggy and Bruce. We are from the Chicago suburbs- building on Yorktown Ct. Closing is set for the end of September however will not be permanently moved in for 6 months to one year. We will be watching for all of you.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:22 PM

We're in Collier also. Queensway Terrace...........our home will be done on or before 8/16.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeggyS8 View Post
Hi all- we are Peggy and Bruce. We are from the Chicago suburbs- building on Yorktown Ct. Closing is set for the end of September however will not be permanently moved in for 6 months to one year. We will be watching for all of you.
Hello PeggyS8, We are almost neighbors. I live in Schaumburg. My office is just down the street from Harper College on Alqonquin Road. In fact I was in Palatine tonight, as I volunteer for a program held at All Saints Lutheran Church just north of Fremd High School. Hope your closing goes smoothly in September. TV is a beautiful place, but you know you will miss those Chicago winters when you move to TV permanently - LOL
Old 07-29-2013, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddick View Post
We are Jennifer and Don and are also moving to Collier. We are originally from West Virginia (Jennifer) and Michigan (Don). We close on our house on the 19th, but will not be moving in until much later as we have not finalized our retirement plans yet - we will be butterflies for awhile.

We will be at the Villages in late September. I will send you a PM when our travel schedule is fixed and see if we can meet up.

Don
Hi Don and Jennifer,
We are Ken and Mari (Mary). We settle on 9/19. On Kennedy Ave. We will be down for about two to three weeks. Late Spetember thru early October. Where is your house? We are not full time either but wanna be!
Old 07-29-2013, 09:40 PM
Default Starting a List

I would like to steal an idea from another village and start a list for Collier of people from TOTV who would like to get together.

Please PM me with the following, if you are interested:

Name
Address
Tel#
Email

Hobbies interests and activities that you like or want to do.

such as golf, pickle ball etc.

I can create a DL for people to use to post activities. We will be there the week of 30 September to move our stuff in and would like to meet up with others - how about a meet-up one night at Evans Prairie CC? It is within walking distance for those of us without golf carts yet (it is also within walking distance for those with golf carts, but that is not relevant).

Don
Old 07-30-2013, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulz View Post
Hi:

Paul & Ivy from CT here. We came down to TV for the first time in March, decided TV was what we are looking for, put a deposit on a lot in Pinellas and scheduled our "home design" trip for the week before Memorial Day. When Collier became available a week before our visit, we switched to the lot we are building on located on Evans Prairie Trail. We are planning a visit July 17-20 to check the house out, order furniture, blinds, etc. (no golf), our closing is scheduled for August 19th. If anyone else from our new neighborhood is around during those couple of days lets see if we can get together and compare notes. Our house in CT just went on the market and regardless of what happens we plan on being down in late September.

Paul & Ivy
Hi Paul and Ivy. We are Ken and Mari from Maryland. We will be down in late September to settle on our house. We will be down for three weeks. We already ordered furniture. Got a great deal and fantastic service from Linda Hayman at Showcase Direct in Spanish Springs. They just broke ground on our house last week. What a great place!!!
Old 07-30-2013, 10:20 PM

Hi again, we are new to this. How do we private message (PM)?
Ken and Mari
Old 07-31-2013, 06:58 AM

Hi Ken & Mari

I have not done a PM yet, several people have sent them to me with their email. My email is pzitoc2@gmail.com. Good project for this weekend (still working until 9/21). Or house is going up fast and things are looking great. We touched base with next door neighbors and they are keeping so posted every couple of days. I have to stop day dreaming about TV and TCOB in CT. Our goal is to give everything away that does not fit in a POD. It is amazing what you accumulate in 30+ years. Off to work...Paul
Old 07-31-2013, 11:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCollierCpl View Post
Hi again, we are new to this. How do we private message (PM)?
Ken and Mari
Ken and Mari, To send someone a PM, click on their TOTV name, and you will get a drop down menu - choose "send a PM to this person". A new screen will appear. I will send you a PM, so you know what one looks like. Enjoy your home in Collier from this Chicago area wannabee!
Old 08-08-2013, 05:50 PM

Hi! We're bill and sue from north carolina. We just bought a house in collier on kananwood. We're closing by mail on sept 6 and are not sure of a return date. We are excited to meet everyone and would love to hear from anyone and everyone. We would love any suggestions on homeowners insurance and lawncare.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:04 PM

Hi! We're Bill and Karen and we just bought in Collier on Norcoose this week!
Will close 9/10 but won't move full time until our other FL house sells.
We will definitely be "visiting" our new home often though and would love to meet our neighbors on Norcoose and others in Collier!
Would love to hear from any of you
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.