Buying A Home - MLS or The Villages Realtor

Closed Thread
Old 02-17-2023, 08:00 AM
Default Buying A Home - MLS or The Villages Realtor

Hi,
I am looking at buying a home in TV. Is there a big difference on who you buy it from? I was told if it was an MLS that TV Real Estate cannot be involved with that.
Any information?
Old 02-17-2023, 08:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,714 Times in 5,243 Posts

If you want to consider all houses for sale in The Villages, you need a VLS agent and an MLS agent. VLS agents sell new houses and resales listed by The Villages. MLS agents sell resales listed by the MLS system.
Old 02-17-2023, 08:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

They do not play well together so if you want a resale find one of each.
Old 02-17-2023, 08:29 AM

stay a way from the Villages Realtor/ go to mls dont li
Old 02-17-2023, 08:47 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiviAruba View Post
Hi,
I am looking at buying a home in TV. Is there a big difference on who you buy it from? I was told if it was an MLS that TV Real Estate cannot be involved with that.
Any information?
MLS is best way to go. Villages reps can only sell properties that The Villages are listing agent and new construction. Made mistake of using Villages agent. They can only show you limited amount of properties.
Old 02-17-2023, 08:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,714 Times in 5,243 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkingston57 View Post
MLS is best way to go. Villages reps can only sell properties that The Villages are listing agent and new construction. Made mistake of using Villages agent. They can only show you limited amount of properties.
MLS agents can only show a limited amount of properties also. So, you need 2 agents to have access to all Villages properties.
Old 02-17-2023, 09:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
They do not play well together so if you want a resale find one of each.
Not necessarily true. Our VLS agent had her friend, an MLS agent, show us a few houses. The MLS agent would return the favor.

They both wanted a happy customer...

If we had bought with the MLS agent, I STILL would have recommended our VLS agent to people. She was great!

-Tom Petty
Old 02-17-2023, 09:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkingston57 View Post
And MLS can't show VLS listed properties. So it's not always "the best way to go"...

-Tom Petty
Old 02-17-2023, 09:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Hi,
Any information?
I can only go by our experience. We had both, and ended up buying from the MLS agent. The Villages agent was totally supportive of our choice (sent us a congratulatory card on our purchase) and checked with us several times after the sale to see if he could be of any assistance.

A lot must depend on what you want. If it is new construction than the Villages agent is the only way to go--MLS does not show new Villages properties. But we had decided early on that we wanted to buy in an older, established neighborhood. Several reasons: any "new construction" bugs would have been solved, low bond (in our case, no bond), etc. We couldn't be happier with our choice, and the supportiveness of both agents was most welcome.
Old 02-18-2023, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
If you want to consider all houses for sale in The Villages, you need a VLS agent and an MLS agent. VLS agents sell new houses and resales listed by The Villages. MLS agents sell resales listed by the MLS system.
Just buy mine. VLS 238299. :-)

Garden City, Long Island, NY
West Islip, Long Island, NY
Village of Citrus Grove (2021)
Village of Newell (2023)
Old 02-18-2023, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Hi,
Any information?
Biggest difference : VLS agent has a fiduciary obligation to SELLER. Not to buyer. Unfortunately - MLS agents can’t show VLS listed homes
Old 02-18-2023, 07:39 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Hi,
Any information?
What everyone else has said is true the MLS & the VLS are separate markets & to see all of the houses available you need to look at both. If you want a new house, then the VLS is the place to look. The VLS has both used & new houses, but not all of the used houses on the market, to see those you look at the MLS. You might try looking at both online to get an idea of what you like. There are so many decisions to be made: new or used, what style of house, what neighborhoods appeal. Good luck!
Old 02-18-2023, 07:56 AM
Default Villages or MLS

Quote:
Hi,
Any information?
Villages Realtors can show you a very large number of resale homes (including our home in Briar Meadowwhich is for. sale) and new homes. We have had nothing but satisfaction with the two Villages agents we have worked with.
Old 02-18-2023, 09:06 AM
Default ?

great plan if you don't want to see many houses MOST are villages realtor
Old 02-18-2023, 09:22 AM

Why not use both!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
buying, mls, home, involved, estate

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.