Buying A Home - MLS or The Villages Realtor

Closed Thread
Old 02-19-2023, 09:10 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Thanks for that info. When we bought our first home there we bought a Courtyard. We asked our realtor if they would take an offer but they just told us they had another buyer that was interested, so they said if we didn’t want it now it’ll probably be gone in a week. But that’s nice to know that that’s changed.. But also this was 12 yrs. ago. Thank you for clearing that up! Our 2nd house we used an outside the bubble realtor & our realtor came to us with a rediculous offer. But thank you for that information!
Old 02-19-2023, 09:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,617 Times in 5,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pill23 View Post
About 5 years ago we flew from Indiana to look a resale with a pool. Met the realtor at the office to go see the house. She informed us that she couldn’t show us the house because they already had an offer on it and once that happens their policy is they can’t show it to anyone else. I asked “What if they can’t get financing? What if I offer more?” She said “Sorry, that’s our policy.” I said “ So you knew this on Thursday and didn’t call to tell me and we flew down and rented a car for no reason?” She said she had other houses to show us. I told her I would NEVER do business with TV Realty again. I don’t know if that is still their policy.
An offer is not a contract. If it was just an offer that had not been accepted, she should have shown the house.
Old 02-19-2023, 02:02 PM
Veteran member

Whatever you do, remember that the Realtors are working for the owners of the homes and not for you, and do not believe anything they say verbally unless they put it in writing and even then make sure you confirm it yourself

So never ever say this is the maximum I'll pay after you put in a bid that is lower than what you say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiviAruba View Post
Hi,
I am looking at buying a home in TV. Is there a big difference on who you buy it from? I was told if it was an MLS that TV Real Estate cannot be involved with that.
Any information?
Old 02-25-2023, 08:05 AM

We have a great home for sale VLS 238119. Fabulous neighborhood in a great location
Old 03-03-2023, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1ceasar View Post
Whatever you do, remember that the Realtors are working for the owners of the homes and not for you, and do not believe anything they say verbally unless they put it in writing and even then make sure you confirm it yourself

So never ever say this is the maximum I'll pay after you put in a bid that is lower than what you say.
Not true….VLS realtor in TV work for the developer. MLS work for seller
Old 03-03-2023, 09:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,617 Times in 5,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankygrl View Post
Not true….VLS realtor in TV work for the developer. MLS work for seller
What is not true? When the VLS agent is selling a new house, they are working for the developer, who is the owner and the seller. When the VLS agent is selling a pre-owned house, they are working for the seller. So, in both cases, the VLS agent works for the seller. MLS agents also work for the seller.
Closed Thread

Tags
buying, mls, home, involved, estate

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.