Cable TV "on vacation"

Closed Thread
Old 09-15-2014, 03:57 PM

[QUOTE=GuardMeSecurity;938767]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickdeMasi View Post

I'm currently on hold with them as we speak, my cousin has been having seizures every day since he tripped over that wire. they offered me a bill credit.

A BILL CREDIT for the safety and ability of my family member to work?

If i had any other option i would switch.

Sincerely, I hope your cousin gets well and is able to return to work. If what you say is true in that he tripped over a cable that was haphazardly run by an installer, and he can not work as a result of his fall I would have him not walk but run to the best personal injury lawyer available. That being said, your experience in no way reflects what Brighthouse offers it's customers in the way of cable, internet and phone. They require no contract, their rates are competitive and I feel they offer the best vacation package for seasonal residents. Again, I hope your cousin fully recovers from his fall.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:58 PM
Soaring Eagle member

[quote=GuardMeSecurity;938693]
Quote:
Brighthouse charges nothing per month, only a one time setup fee of $34. Two month minimum

You would pay nothing per month with centurylink if you didn't get a phone line...

And its FIBER TO THE HOME not coax.

Wireless boxes, an actual whole home dvr and up to 1GBps internet speeds.

When fiber and cable compete, fiber always wins. I have brighthouse now because it's all thats available in my area and i hate the TV portion and the fact that every time my internet goes down i lose my landline. i would pay anything to have prism back like when i was in tavares.

And NO i don't work for centurylink.

they will have to trench a line to your house, for which the fiber is already ran for centurylink, various channels will randomly not be available, the internet is spotty, and the service guy that came to my house ran a cable from my roomates room to my room directly accross the floor, nothing secured at all. My cousin tripped over it, fell into the bathroom door head first, and caused over $700 worth of damage to our condo. Then they sent out 2 higher ups (because they didn't want to be sued) my cousin had a concussion from hitting his head on the door and the paramedics had to be called, he also has a seizure disorder so not good to experience a head injury.

This is MY personal experience with brighthouse. After 3 months they finally have the cable ran properly, refuse to offer a discount or any sort of compensation for our losses (we are waiting for a damaged claims review) and expect me to still pay the bill.

I'm probably going to sue, actually.
Nathan, weren't you formerly employed by CenturyLink?
Old 09-15-2014, 04:28 PM
Soaring Eagle member

[quote=GuardMeSecurity;938794]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post

No i was not.
Must have gotten some erroneous info. One of my friends said he thought he knew of you from there. Were you an independent contractor to CenturyLink?
Old 09-15-2014, 06:21 PM
Gold member
Default Brighthouse

Quote:
Call Lysander from Brighthouse. Do a search here for him. He will handle everything plus first month on him.
Yes call Lysander... he will set everything up for you and possibly pay your first months service (he did for us). Brighthouse has Comcast beat in every way. Here is his email address: Lysander.Jimenez@mybrighthouse.com
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.