Cardiologist Review of Medical Records

Closed Thread
Old 07-26-2021, 01:57 PM
angelscelebrate
Default Cardiologist Review of Medical Records

I live in The Villages. I am looking for a retired Cardiovascular Dr. with extensive knowledge of PCI (and complications) to assist me with reviewing my medical records and PCI angiograms. Willing to discuss compensation for time spent.

Please contact me via private message. Thank you

Last edited by angelscelebrate; 07-26-2021 at 04:35 PM.
Old 07-26-2021, 02:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

I understand what you are trying to do, but why not just go to another doctor for a second opinion? If the retired doctor gives you advice that turns out to be bad, he could be incurring significant liability. I was a registered professional electrical engineer, lost my liability insurance when the company I was using left Florida, and the companies that were available demanded a current FL PE license, which I do not have, result, I no longer do consulting, liability is too great. I hope you find what you are looking for.
Old 07-26-2021, 02:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I understand what you are trying to do, but why not just go to another doctor for a second opinion? If the retired doctor gives you advice that turns out to be bad, he could be incurring significant liability. I was a registered professional electrical engineer, lost my liability insurance when the company I was using left Florida, and the companies that were available demanded a current FL PE license, which I do not have, result, I no longer do consulting, liability is too great. I hope you find what you are looking for.
I read it a different way. It looked to me like the OP was hunting for someone to determine if there is a basis for a malpractice suit. I could be wrong-------OP?

If so, I doubt any retired physician, who is now most likely unlicensed and uninsured would get involved, and I doubt you could "compensate" them enough
Old 07-26-2021, 03:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I read it a different way. It looked to me like the OP was hunting for someone to determine if there is a basis for a malpractice suit. I could be wrong-------OP?

If so, I doubt any retired physician, who is now most likely unlicensed and uninsured would get involved, and I doubt you could "compensate" them enough
Good point, medical based lawyer might be a good choice.
Old 07-26-2021, 03:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,416 Times in 5,107 Posts

It sounds like the OP may need a lawyer, not a doctor.
Old 07-26-2021, 03:45 PM
angelscelebrate

Thank you for your reply Villagetinker. I do get what you are saying regarding advice/liability etc. I am not seeking medical advice. Just a review and opportunity to discuss the records.

Last edited by angelscelebrate; 07-26-2021 at 04:32 PM.
Old 07-26-2021, 03:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelscelebrate View Post
Thank you for your reply Sage. I do get what you are saying regarding advice/liability etc. I am not seeking medical advice. Just a review and opportunity to discuss the records.
I guess the unanswered question is: for what purpose?????
Old 07-26-2021, 06:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,937 Times in 5,277 Posts

Quote:
Thank you for your reply Villagetinker. I do get what you are saying regarding advice/liability etc. I am not seeking medical advice. Just a review and opportunity to discuss the records.
Sounds like your asking for a second opinion to me.

How do you know the retired Dr is up to date on medical practices?
Old 07-26-2021, 06:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
The invasive cardiologist who performed the cardiac cath and angioplasty didn't give you an opportunity to review and discuss the results?????
Old 07-26-2021, 07:44 PM
angelscelebrate

N/A on a second opinion; well beyond that option.
Old 07-27-2021, 04:47 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,552 Times in 592 Posts

Quote:
I live in The Villages. I am looking for a retired Cardiovascular Dr. with extensive knowledge of PCI (and complications) to assist me with reviewing my medical records and PCI angiograms. Willing to discuss compensation for time spent.

Please contact me via private message. Thank you
Sounds like there is alot more to this than reviewing records. Your dr should be doing that. If you dont like him, go for a second opinion. But seems to me you are leaning towards a malpractice suit. If you feel you have a case, see a lawyer. Any retired dr would be a fool to get involved with this.
Closed Thread

Tags
pci, records, medical, contact, assistance

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.