A cat question

Closed Thread
Old 12-21-2020, 02:11 AM

Take her to a vet. I recommend Leesburg 411, a low cost clinic in Leesburg.
Old 12-21-2020, 09:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,009 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Cat scan be very intelligent. I had a friend leave his cat with me when his mother passed away. This was a remarkable cat, only cat’s portrait I’ve ever painted. He was always treated like a person and he thought of himself that way. He paid close attention to people and was always curious about what they were doing. One Christmas the family was over there were about 10 of us and the cat had not met 6 of them. I mentioned that the cat can remember names. They did not believe me. As we were standing around chatting, the cat came over and I introduced each person to him. They scoffed at the idea, then I asked the cat, “Where is John?” The cat turned his head and looked directly at him. Then I asked the cat, “Where is “Emmy”?” my daughter. The cat went over to the bottom of the stairs and looked up. She was upstairs.
This cat was a giving cat, he was a healer. When someone in the family was ill, he would lay by the person and give his warmth until the person got better. When my daughter tore her meniscus the cat stayed with her everyday until she could move around. He did so many kind things for us .... right up to when he couldn’t any more.
what a heartwarming story, thanks for sharing!
Old 12-21-2020, 10:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
I had a guest cat like that. He was relatively young, maybe one year old. He would ask for a rub and when he had enough he bit me. He also would come inside and jump up on the couch and bite my neck to get treats. I would give him a cat sized slap on the face (startle but not hurt) and say sternly,”No!” He did this maybe 5 times. Each time a gentle slap. Then he stopped. We got along very well after that. He comes to my house up north twice a day every day for the last 9 years, never a bite again. He also knows the words “good cat!” now.
Our kitty, Bootsie began life attempting to bite us for attention. A little smack on the nose and harsh words, NO BITING! altered his behavior. Now I will be petting him and he pauses and then will lick my hand. I can almost SEE him overcoming his urge. lol.

Last edited by graciegirl; 12-21-2020 at 11:50 AM.
Old 12-21-2020, 10:54 AM

No home is complete without a cat.....
Old 12-21-2020, 11:53 AM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art cov View Post
I had a beautiful cat hanging around and we for the most part enjoyed each other’s company. She was a stray that I felt sorry for. Well I would rub on, and this cat would lay there all relaxed and purr away for along time till I would nearly fall asleep. When this kitty suddenly felt like she had enough, she would give one vicious, fiery bite and run! Why! This torture took place until I decided when enough is enough and quit before she wanted me to. ( that didn’t please her either) but at least I didn’t feel like I got a whooping for doing a good deed
That is normal cat behaviour and you did the right thing to stop before kitty gets too excited.I

My wife is a "cat whisperer" and has an amazing connection to animals, even big cats, which was one of the things that attracted me to her. She got my very obstinate cat from scratching our couch when we got married just by looking at him and giving a stern warning. I was always a soft touch.

Last edited by John41; 12-21-2020 at 12:09 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
cat, felt, didn’t, place, torture

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.