CDDs and You

CDDs and You

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 10:16 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
I'd like a map of The Villages that shows the district boundaries.

The maps on the districtgov.org site do show CDD boundaries. For example, this one shows the boundaries of CDD 7 you mentioned in a kind of dark buff color. It also names all the villages and units.

https://www.districtgov.org/yourdist...es%20South.pdf

Yes, it is dated 2008, but that's because the boundaries it shows haven't changed since then.

Also, some parts of The Villages are not in a CDD.

Old 06-05-2019, 10:42 AM
Sage

If you really, really want to know,,,,why not go to the district office and complain, geesh!
Old 06-05-2019, 11:47 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9871 View Post
The maps on the districtgov.org site do show CDD boundaries. For example, this one shows the boundaries of CDD 7 you mentioned in a kind of dark buff color. It also names all the villages and units.

https://www.districtgov.org/yourdist...es%20South.pdf

Yes, it is dated 2008, but that's because the boundaries it shows haven't changed since then.

Also, some parts of The Villages are not in a CDD.
There are parts of the villages that didn't exist in 2008, that ARE in a CDD. Thus, my question in the very first post of this thread, asking for a current, updated, singular map of the Villages, with each CDD within it designated in some way.
Old 06-05-2019, 12:40 PM

If you go to THIS link, the maps are current as of 2018....they were updated earlier this year, although it seems to take the district government a couple of years to get around to updating their maps.....

VCDD Districts Map
Old 06-05-2019, 04:12 PM
Gold member

Nice work, Kansasr. This map should fill the bill!
Old 06-05-2019, 06:51 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasr View Post
If you go to THIS link, the maps are current as of 2018....they were updated earlier this year, although it seems to take the district government a couple of years to get around to updating their maps.....

VCDD Districts Map
Thanks! What a crazy mixed up jumble that is. I had assumed each district would be in its own cluster. But as the map indicates, some districts have areas that aren't anywhere near each other and are separated by entire other districts inbetween them. Such as District 8, which has the bulk of it down to the east of Brownwood, and a little cluster up north of Sumter Landing town square. And district 6, which has a couple isolated clusters west of Buena Vista where it curves to the northwest, and the rest of it is on the other side of the road, down past district 5 and south of Sumter Landing.

This definitely explains some confusion I had about news of construction, plans, budgets, etc. Mostly it's all the districts between 466 and 466A that look disorganized. I'm sure there's method to their madness but it does explain some of my confusion.

Thanks again!
Old 06-05-2019, 08:09 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
Thanks! What a crazy mixed up jumble that is.
BTW the maps I pointed you to in previous messages are detail maps of this one.
Closed Thread

Tags
cdd, problems, asked, map, find