CDDs and You

Closed Thread
Old 06-04-2019, 09:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,463 Times in 3,089 Posts
Default CDDs and You

Here's what I'm looking for:

A CURRENT map of the Villages, broken down by CDD. Someone wanting to move to TV, interested in fees and news and problems and new things being created and what not, would want to know "which CDD does this property belong to?" Or "oh I heard about that CDD having problems with water pipes" or "oh yeah that CDD is getting a brand shiny new improvement on infrastructure."

There's a map like that, but it's dated 2008 and parts of it don't show that they're part of any CDD at all (such as Orange Blossom Hills).

I'm sure this has been asked and answered dozens of times, and in fact I think I might've asked at one point months ago. Doing a search for "CDD" comes up with hundreds of threads and I don't want to have to pore through them to find the answer. This really should be on the main VCDD gov site menu but I can't find it.
Old 06-05-2019, 05:58 AM
Veteran member

Info about CDD's is here. Village Community Development Districts .

You need to know what Unit a house belongs to know what district it is in.

https://www.districtgov.org/images/v...ghborhoods.pdf

I'm don't see much difference in practice in living here among CDD's, though there can be some differences in fees. There are information courses in how the CDD's work here.

VCDD Orientation and VCDD Resident Academy
Old 06-05-2019, 06:24 AM
Sage

I'm looking for the "opposite" information. A cross-reference. You're telling me if I know the unit it's in, I can find the CDD.

I'm saying if I know the CDD, I should know where the borders for the CDD are.

As I said, there IS a map of what I'm looking for, but it's outdated and incomplete.

Considering that the CDD is a government entity, I'd say it's woefully negligent in not keeping its own data up to date. The last time it was updated was 2008; 11 years ago.
Old 06-05-2019, 07:49 AM
Veteran member

Are you looking for a map of a specific CDD?

The maps for the older districts are dated 2008 but there are ones for the newer districts that have newer dates. The map for the newest districts is dated 2018. https://districtgov.org/yourdistrict...0South466A.pdf

All these maps look like survey maps used to establish the CDD's so I don't know why they would be resurveyed unless the CCD amended its boundaries.

Some parts of The Villages were established before Florida had CDD's. A CDD cannot be established for an area unless the developer owns all the land there or has the consent of the landowners.

In any case, the best way to get current and accurate info about a CDD is from customer service.
Old 06-05-2019, 08:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

My guess when buying a house in TV, what CDD it’s located in is very, very low on the check list.
Old 06-05-2019, 08:09 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
My guess when buying a house in TV, what CDD it’s located in is very, very low on the check list.

Old 06-05-2019, 08:36 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post

Absolutely true. Many, many other considerations.
Old 06-05-2019, 09:43 AM
Sage

Yes there are many other considerations. Yes, it's probably very low on the checklist. But when someone says "CDD 4 has allocated an extra 15 million dollars for this special project," I want to know the context. What comprises CDD 4? What does CDD 4 represent? Whether I'm a resident of it or not, it's still The Villages and I still have a vested interest in its successes and failures.

It's sort of like knowing the voting districts in your state. It's not necessary, and it's low on the list of priorities. But it's something that might come in handy some day when someone says "Oh yeah I live in district 3, and you know how THEY think about this topic." Knowing what comprises district 3, and knowing that they have a particular interest in certain topics, is useful.

Perhaps some of you haven't ever felt education for its own sake was important. I do. Which is why I asked the question.
Old 06-05-2019, 09:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9871 View Post
Are you looking for a map of a specific CDD?

The maps for the older districts are dated 2008 but there are ones for the newer districts that have newer dates. The map for the newest districts is dated 2018. https://districtgov.org/yourdistrict...0South466A.pdf

All these maps look like survey maps used to establish the CDD's so I don't know why they would be resurveyed unless the CCD amended its boundaries.

Some parts of The Villages were established before Florida had CDD's. A CDD cannot be established for an area unless the developer owns all the land there or has the consent of the landowners.

In any case, the best way to get current and accurate info about a CDD is from customer service.
No, I'm not. I'm looking for a district-identified map of the villages.

You know, like how some maps of the USA are printed with the lines of each state. And some maps of the USA are printed to designate the political party preferences of each state. Some of them are printed to show the topography, and some to show typical wind patterns.

I'd like a map of The Villages that shows the district boundaries.

Not sure why this is turning into a debate on priorities and whether or not I need it for a reason.

There are lots of reasons to know what "CDD 7" MEANS, in the context of the Villages as a whole. Usually it's whenever a news article mentions a district by name, and I have to scramble to figure out what they're talking about.
Old 06-05-2019, 10:09 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
Here's what I'm looking for:

A CURRENT map of the Villages, broken down by CDD. Someone wanting to move to TV, interested in fees and news and problems and new things being created and what not, would want to know "which CDD does this property belong to?" Or "oh I heard about that CDD having problems with water pipes" or "oh yeah that CDD is getting a brand shiny new improvement on infrastructure."

There's a map like that, but it's dated 2008 and parts of it don't show that they're part of any CDD at all (such as Orange Blossom Hills).

I'm sure this has been asked and answered dozens of times, and in fact I think I might've asked at one point months ago. Doing a search for "CDD" comes up with hundreds of threads and I don't want to have to pore through them to find the answer. This really should be on the main VCDD gov site menu but I can't find it.
me too
Old 06-05-2019, 10:16 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
I'd like a map of The Villages that shows the district boundaries.

The maps on the districtgov.org site do show CDD boundaries. For example, this one shows the boundaries of CDD 7 you mentioned in a kind of dark buff color. It also names all the villages and units.

https://www.districtgov.org/yourdist...es%20South.pdf

Yes, it is dated 2008, but that's because the boundaries it shows haven't changed since then.

Also, some parts of The Villages are not in a CDD.
Old 06-05-2019, 10:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

If you really, really want to know,,,,why not go to the district office and complain, geesh!
Old 06-05-2019, 11:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9871 View Post
The maps on the districtgov.org site do show CDD boundaries. For example, this one shows the boundaries of CDD 7 you mentioned in a kind of dark buff color. It also names all the villages and units.

https://www.districtgov.org/yourdist...es%20South.pdf

Yes, it is dated 2008, but that's because the boundaries it shows haven't changed since then.

Also, some parts of The Villages are not in a CDD.
There are parts of the villages that didn't exist in 2008, that ARE in a CDD. Thus, my question in the very first post of this thread, asking for a current, updated, singular map of the Villages, with each CDD within it designated in some way.
Old 06-05-2019, 12:40 PM
Veteran member

If you go to THIS link, the maps are current as of 2018....they were updated earlier this year, although it seems to take the district government a couple of years to get around to updating their maps.....

VCDD Districts Map
Old 06-05-2019, 04:12 PM
Platinum member

Nice work, Kansasr. This map should fill the bill!
Closed Thread

Tags
cdd, problems, asked, map, find

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.