Chain of Lakes Boat Club - Now Freedom Boat Club

Closed Thread
Old 05-25-2019, 11:57 AM
Angry Chain of Lakes Boat Club - Now Freedom Boat Club

Anyone a member of Chain of Lakes Boat Club? The landed a surprise on us this week. Originally to join you paid upwards of $7,000 and an Annual Fee of about $700. They sold the club unannounced and in the deal of the sale they agreed that the new owners can raise the Annual Fee to $1,500. WOW, the only recourse is pay it or lose your initial investment. Would love to hear your thoughts and opinions. Not even sure doing this as part of a sale is legal?
Old 05-25-2019, 12:30 PM
Veteran member

Looks like it became part of a national franchise chain....

What they can do depends what was in any agreement you signed when you joined.

Freedom Boat Club Franchise

Freedom Boat Club | Private Membership Boating Club
Old 05-25-2019, 05:04 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,307 Times in 541 Posts
Default Rip off

What they/you can do depends on the contract you signed. I would read the contract carefully to see if you have any “options” given the circumstances you now find yourself. You may have to consult with an attorney to see if you have a case.
Old 05-28-2019, 11:55 AM

We too are a victim of this sale. Not sure there is anything we can do but would love to talk to others caught up in this. We are unable to make to meeting on Thursday because we are out of state.

Mallory Square, Village of Hadley and now Gilchrist!
Old 05-29-2019, 08:16 AM

You now can visit any of 20 marinas in the Tampa Bay region and any of hundreds from Seattle to Islamorada for reciprocal reservations. The boats are all 1-2 years old. You get what you pay for.
Old 06-01-2019, 03:21 PM
Exclamation Chain of Lakes Boat Club

Chain of Lakes Boat Club Members:
Sorry I ran out of letters at the meeting on Thursday. I, too, didn’t expect that kind of turnout.
Don’t like the deal and don’t believe it to be fair or legal. Already have had numerous responses via email of those who agree.
Any successful/logical action needs to be a joint effort by all those members who agree. We need to consolidate, hire and share the cost of a good/reputable legal firm who can investigate and represent us. There’s more force in numbers vs. individual claims/grievances. Who knows, we might have a good attorney in the Club.
Also, another member suggested filing a complaint with the Florida Attorney General. Look on Google, they would not allow the posting of a link.
It’s not about the money. Just don’t have any tolerance for greed, lying or cheating. Please feel free to call or email.
Stu Westerlund
352-259-1802
Stuper1802@aol.com
Old 06-04-2019, 02:00 PM
Default Chain of lakes boat club litigation

I have been working with an Attorney that has now been through the contract with Chain of Lakes Boat Club and all of the email correspondence since they announced the sale to Freedom Boat Club.

The Attorney believes we a have a strong case against Chain of Lakes Boat Club as well as Freedom Boat Club.

My goal at this point is to put together as many people as possible that would like to seek compensation in a single law suit. The Attorney is working with co-counsel to set this up as a contingency case.

If you are interested, please reach out to me at bobnlyn@thevillages.net
Old 06-14-2019, 03:35 PM

If you were part of Chain of Lakes Boat Club on June 1st when they sold to Freedom Boat Club and believe you were unjustly treated when they more than doubled your Annual/Monthly dues as well as changed the agreement, please join our team in Civil Litigation against the clubs. We have two attorneys who feel so strongly that they are taking the case on contingency. We had 40 members show up to meet with the attorneys last night for a discussion and Q&A session. If you would like to be part of this civil action, please reach out to me bobnlyn@thevillages.net and I will put you in touch with the legal team.
Closed Thread

Tags
club, boat, fee, annual, lakes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.