TV/Internet Service in Mallory Square

Closed Thread
Old 07-19-2013, 12:00 PM
Sage
Default TV/Internet Service in Mallory Square

We're closing on our house in Mallory Square in about a week. <fingers crossed> I'm not even sure what TV/Internet services are available in the Mallory area, let alone what might be best. I'd appreciate any advice you can provide.

Thanks.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:49 AM
Sage

No help out there? First time ever. Heheh.

Sorry to bump, but I'm still hoping for a little input. We close Friday. Time is short! :^)
Old 07-24-2013, 11:02 AM
Sage
Smile

We use Comcast for our internet. As far as I know it is the best around. We get the fastest they have but I'm not sure what they call it. We have been happy with it, very few interruptions. As far as Comcast for TV, there have been mixed reviews here on that.

We have Direct TV for our TV service and have been very happy with it. It does go out for a few minutes during a storm, but then you can always watch a recorded show which is what I am normally doing anyway. Or you can switch to the non high-def channel and it seems to work. Then it comes right back on after the storm. Their service has been really good the two times I've needed it in 5 years. They have the new Genie which can record 5 shows at one time and controls the DVR for the entire house. Pretty cool.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:03 AM
Sage

Comcast, Direct TV, Dish or Prism are available. Actually not sure if Prism in it's full capacity is an option. Each has it's pluses and minuses. I have Comcast for all services, TV, net, phone....and satisfied.

Good luck and congratulations!
Old 07-24-2013, 11:12 AM
Sage

Thanks for replies and kind words. :^)

So I'm leaning toward Direct TV for cable and Comcast for Internet. Does anybody have any experience with Direct TV for Internet? Does Comcast offer a faster service? (It would be nice to bundle all our services with a single vendor. But it's not necessary...fast Internet is more important.)
Old 07-24-2013, 11:29 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

I don't know anything about Direct TV. We've had Comcast since the get-go for all services. I know they are supposed to be going to the new X1 Platform eventually which is capable of recording up to 4 programs at once and I've heard that eventually it might go up to as many as 6. Here are a couple of links to learn more about this:

The X1 Platform from XFINITY

Introducing the X1 Platform (YouTube)
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 07-24-2013, 12:05 PM
Sage
Smile

Not sure if Direct TV offers internet unless you go through Century Link and they also have mixed reviews on here. You might do a search.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.