Checking out Villages

Closed Thread
Old 05-08-2018, 04:00 PM
Default Checking out Villages

Looking into moving into The Villages. Hope to spend time on ground there and explore possibilities. Can anyone rent me a room for say a week to explore activities and real estate. Jerry 540-798-7298
Old 05-08-2018, 04:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,123 Times in 2,239 Posts

Jerry, why not do a life style visit, as I recall cost was very reasonable. You will be introduced to a sales agent who will be able to answer all of your questions, you get use of a golf cart, etc.
Old 05-08-2018, 04:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

We have many nice hotels on site and near too.
Old 05-08-2018, 09:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Jerry, why not do a life style visit, as I recall cost was very reasonable. You will be introduced to a sales agent who will be able to answer all of your questions, you get use of a golf cart, etc.
I second Villagetinker's suggestion to do a lifestyle visit. There's no pressure to buy from the sales agent if that is a concern. If you don't want to go that route, a hotel may also work or try Airbnb, which I have used twice, and I was very happy with both of my Airbnb experiences in The Villages.
Old 05-09-2018, 05:13 AM
Veteran member

airbnb.com is also a reasonable alternative. They have several listings from people in The Villages who rent out rooms in their homes.

Drank the Kool-Aid and now own a home in Tamarind Grove. Yippee!!
Old 05-09-2018, 06:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
I second Villagetinker's suggestion to do a lifestyle visit. There's no pressure to buy from the sales agent if that is a concern. If you don't want to go that route, a hotel may also work or try Airbnb, which I have used twice, and I was very happy with both of my Airbnb experiences in The Villages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanabanana73 View Post
airbnb.com is also a reasonable alternative. They have several listings from people in The Villages who rent out rooms in their homes.
To the OP, ignore the nasty & passive-aggressive comments trying to discourage you from staying within TV itself...as they are not in the majority.

It's perfectly understandable to want to rent a room...to be more fully immersed in the 'TV experience.'

Looks like a few have used Airbnb.com...with great results.

Good luck.
Old 05-09-2018, 06:36 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
To the OP, ignore the nasty & passive-aggressive comments trying to discourage you from staying within TV itself...as they are not in the majority.

It's perfectly understandable to want to rent a room...to be more fully immersed in the 'TV experience.'

Looks like a few have used Airbnb.com...with great results.

Good luck.
Renting out a room to a stranger... not in my house. This is not passive-aggressive this is common sense.
Old 05-09-2018, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifightit View Post
Looking into moving into The Villages. Hope to spend time on ground there and explore possibilities. Can anyone rent me a room for say a week to explore activities and real estate. Jerry 540-798-7298
It would definitely be worth your while to do the lifestyle visit. We are entering the season where it is just 99$ a night. You can stay up to 7 days. It gives you access to everything in the villages with no additional cost. You even get 2-3 rounds of golf. It also gives you access to all the activities and even the exercise rooms at the rec. centers----which we even have to pay extra for as residents! Take the 3 trolley tours of the three areas around the squares (free) and you will get a nice overview. The CYV where you stay are furnished, has a (only downer, its speed restricted to 12 mph) golf cart and free Daily Sun paper each day. It cannot be beat! You would have privacy and the Villages experience all wrapped up in one.
Old 05-09-2018, 10:41 AM

Hello to all! My husband and I will be retiring in a few years and are coming down later this month to check out The Villages. I have been searching different real estate websites, including the homes for sale on The Villages website, looking at the photos of the different home styles to narrow down our search for the "perfect" home (if one exists). I have noticed, however, that some of the homes for sale have iron bars installed on the front doors, and even on some windows. This concerns me a little bit. Is there a problem with crime in The Villages where homeowners feel safer with security bars? I've noticed that the majority of the homes for sale that do have bars are located in the older, northern section near Spanish Springs. Thanks for any info you can give.
Closed Thread

Tags
explore, villages, room, week, jerry

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.