Chitty Chatty golf cart path

Closed Thread
Old 10-11-2020, 09:34 AM
Gold member
Default Chitty Chatty golf cart path

I decided to check out Chitty Chatty last night around around 7pm. The cart paths between the bridge and the road were so DARK, it made me very nervous to be out there alone. There were absolutly no lights anywhere. One home had its patio lights on and that was the only light available.

saw a lot of rabbits and a snake running in front of my headlights but I was very scared on the dark paths.

They need to add some lights out there. In my opinion.
Old 10-11-2020, 09:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
I decided to check out Chitty Chatty last night around around 7pm. The cart paths between the bridge and the road were so DARK, it made me very nervous to be out there alone. There were absolutly no lights anywhere. One home had its patio lights on and that was the only light available.

saw a lot of rabbits and a snake running in front of my headlights but I was very scared on the dark paths.

Will the area that was "so dark" an area that will have houses on it eventually?
Old 10-11-2020, 10:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Not concerned about no lights since I have a bright light bar on the front of the cart.

My concern is that a couple of the sharp curves that if you miss the curve you’re going into a retention pond. Maybe that was done to weed out the “looky-loos”.
Old 10-11-2020, 10:22 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

Why go in the night????
Old 10-11-2020, 01:05 PM
Veteran member

we took the trip yesterday morning from near Lopez golf course took us just over an hour to get to the bridge... I have a question about the bridge... does anyone know what the purpose of the walking lane is on the N side of the bridge that extends up and then just comes to an end???
Old 10-11-2020, 01:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,020 Times in 5,321 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabbadu View Post
Why go in the night????
Why not?
Old 10-11-2020, 01:54 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,142 Times in 301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ureout View Post
we took the trip yesterday morning from near Lopez golf course took us just over an hour to get to the bridge... I have a question about the bridge... does anyone know what the purpose of the walking lane is on the N side of the bridge that extends up and then just comes to an end???
Luge track for deep winter.
Old 10-11-2020, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ureout View Post
The ramp on the north side of the bridge is very steep. My guess is that the walking lane is for bicyclists to use, either to gear down and go slow, or to walk their bike to the top. The south ramp is much less steep and can be negotiated easier.
Old 10-11-2020, 02:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:

that whole area is still undergoing a lot of development...perhaps trail lighting is part of the plan

but if seeing bunnies bothered you, it sounds like you might be happier limiting your time riding the path to the daylight hours

remember you live next to a large wooded area...a very small portion of which has only recently been developed, the critters are still there and they can't roam around as freely as they used to, they have to eat, so naturally they're going to be more active after dark....street lights aren't going to keep those critters off the path. There's bear, bobcat, gators, coyotes, snakes, raccoons, muskrats and bunnies all over the place at night...and let's not completely 'pooh-pooh' the folklore about "big Foot's cousin....that mysterious Florida creature known as 'the skunk ape'
Old 10-11-2020, 06:14 PM
Gold member

unless the owners leave their back patio lights on, it will be dark.
Old 10-11-2020, 06:17 PM
Gold member
Default need path lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
that whole area is still undergoing a lot of development...perhaps trail lighting is part of the plan

but if seeing bunnies bothered you, it sounds like you might be happier limiting your time riding the path to the daylight hours

remember you live next to a large wooded area...a very small portion of which has only recently been developed, the critters are still there and they can't roam around as freely as they used to, they have to eat, so naturally they're going to be more active after dark....street lights aren't going to keep those critters off the path. There's bear, bobcat, gators, coyotes, snakes, raccoons, muskrats and bunnies all over the place at night...and let's not completely 'pooh-pooh' the folklore about "big Foot's cousin....that mysterious Florida creature known as 'the skunk ape'
I just think that a path light or two will help me see critters and walkers without blinkers. But if my cart ever broke down on that cart path..... I would have a heart attack..... It needs lights..... somehow
Old 10-11-2020, 06:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

we went by the Kristine Way exit from the bridge around 3:30pm today and again at 4:30pm....didn't see one cart crossing the bridge

it'll all work out
Old 10-11-2020, 06:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
I just think that a path light or two will help me see critters and walkers without blinkers. But if my cart ever broke down on that cart path..... I would have a heart attack..... It needs lights..... somehow
The other cart paths don’t have lights, what do you do when you are carting on them?
Old 10-11-2020, 07:58 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabbadu View Post
Why go in the night????
Why not? Best time to have some cold ones and let it fly!
Old 10-12-2020, 03:34 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts

I live in CC and see no problem.
Closed Thread

Tags
lights, chitty, chatty, dark, paths

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.