Choice of flooring

Closed Thread
Old 06-12-2019, 07:32 PM
Default Choice of flooring

Do we have choices of type of flooring or is it always just tile when going through the design meeting at the villages?
Old 06-13-2019, 10:11 AM

Yes, you will have choices on flooring. Some people take the basic flooring offered then have it torn out and put in what you want. If you plan to do this know what price replacing the basic will be and see how much the developer will charge for the same flooring. We went with Luxury Vinyl Planks from the builder because we didn’t want to hassle with doing it after the closing.
Old 06-13-2019, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dond1959 View Post
Yes, you will have choices on flooring. Some people take the basic flooring offered then have it torn out and put in what you want. If you plan to do this know what price replacing the basic will be and see how much the developer will charge for the same flooring. We went with Luxury Vinyl Planks from the builder because we didn’t want to hassle with doing it after the closing.
Thanks, that’s exactly what I want to do. Go with the luxury vinyl plank‘s. And like you I want it done before closing. Cost wise the vinyl planks versus tile how do they compare.?
Old 06-18-2019, 01:43 PM

I didn’t price out the tile because tile is very hard to stand on, at least for me. Also issues of slipping if it is wet and because it is so hard if you fall easier to break bones. The LVT is much softer and has some give to it since it is a floating floor. Only worry I have about LVT is will it last. I am sure the design center can price out tile and LVT and you can choose.
Closed Thread

Tags
flooring, tile, meeting, villages, design

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.