Closing day walk through

Closing day walk through

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 04:39 PM

In that case I would do my best to attend. Retiredguy is incorrect, I’m as active real estate agent. There are sellers agents who listed the house and represents the sellers. there are buyers agents who took you to the house and represents the buyers. It would have cost you nothing to have been represents by your own agent. In your case the selling agent made the entire 6% commission, instead do splitting the commission with a buyers agent who incidentally would owe you a fudicary duty and would have been at the walk thru. I suggest that you have a conversation with the sellers agent and explain your situation, and inform her/him that should there be an issue if the condition of the house they would be dragged into a lawsuit. Back up the conversation with an email.

Old 04-10-2019, 04:41 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I would think that, if you paid for a professional inspection after signing the sales contract, that the same inspector would attend the walk through for a nominal fee.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2019, 04:44 PM

I was hoping the original inspectors would do it, but they made it clear that they didn’t want to do the walk through.
Old 04-10-2019, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosells View Post
In that case I would do my best to attend. Retiredguy is incorrect, I’m as active real estate agent. There are sellers agents who listed the house and represents the sellers. there are buyers agents who took you to the house and represents the buyers. It would have cost you nothing to have been represents by your own agent. In your case the selling agent made the entire 6% commission, instead do splitting the commission with a buyers agent who incidentally would owe you a fudicary duty and would have been at the walk thru. I suggest that you have a conversation with the sellers agent and explain your situation, and inform her/him that should there be an issue if the condition of the house they would be dragged into a lawsuit. Back up the conversation with an email.
There was no buying agent.

Last edited by Velvet; 04-13-2019 at 07:34 PM.
Old 04-10-2019, 04:49 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosells View Post
Sorry, but I am not incorrect. Real estate agents do not have a contractual agency relationship with buyers. A fiduciary duty is totally different from a legally binding agency contract. The only legally binding agency contract is between the real estate company and the seller. If the buyer does not pay any money to the real estate agent, then there cannot be a contract. Basic contract law. If a buyer tried to sue a real estate agent for improper representation, the case would be thrown out of court because they do not have a contract for representation. Sellers do have a contract. That is the difference.

Last edited by retiredguy123; 04-10-2019 at 05:07 PM.
Old 04-10-2019, 05:19 PM

I think I understand, I am not paying the listing agent and therefore they have no obligation to me. If the contract is not filled to the letter by the seller, do I have recourse? I can delay closing or walk away, but if I find that the seller did not do as promised after closing?
Old 04-10-2019, 05:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
I think I understand, I am not paying the listing agent and therefore they have no obligation to me. If the contract is not filled to the letter by the seller, do I have recourse? I can delay closing or walk away, but if I find that the seller did not do as promised after closing?
Unfortunately, the problem is that once you sign the closing papers, it is over, you own the house, and everybody goes home. The only recourse would be to hire a lawyer and sue the seller. Not a good option.
Old 04-10-2019, 05:27 PM

It would be difficult to sue, easier to check that everything is in order before closing. I am dealing with a very reputable real estate firm. But I do not have representation.
Old 04-10-2019, 05:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member

You could call Frank D'Angelo, the best home inspector in The Villages, and ask him to attend the walk through. His number is 352-250-7818. Just a thought. He often comments on this site. Another idea would be to ask for a video walk through where the agent takes a live video while you watch.
Old 04-10-2019, 05:39 PM

Thank you, I just sent him a message.
Closed Thread

Tags
closing, day, walk, can’t, reason