Coming down in May to purchase a lot!

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 04-06-2013, 07:17 AM
Smile Coming down in May to purchase a lot!

Hello to everyone. My husband and I came down last month to both visit with a friend who lives in St. James and also for the Lifestyle Preview Plan. Before we came home to Northeast Ohio (and more snow), we decided this is where we'd like to live. We are coming back at the end of next month to purchase a lot in one of the new villages. I'm sure I'll have many questions and after being on this site for quite some time, I know this is the place for answers. Right now, I just have one question regarding flying down next month. When we came last month, we flew to Tampa (flights there were at a good price) and rented a car. Right now, there's not a lot of difference in price for flights to both Orlando and Tampa. Does anyone have a recommendation for which city for our flight? Our trip from Tampa had no tolls and I know coming from Orlando there will be tolls (does anyone have an idea how much the tolls would be?). Thanks in advance for any responses and I hope I wasn't too wordy. We are so looking forward to coming again and eventually living in The Villages full time.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:24 AM
Sage

Congrats....this is a wonderful place.

Tampa is 30 miles further. Tolls on turnpike are about 5-6 each way. Generally, the ride from Orlando is pretty predictable with little traffic issues. My personal preference would be Orlando.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:17 AM
Gold member

I've done both drives and I would prefer to drive here from Orlando. No definitive reason just my preference. Before I moved here I bought a Sun Pass for my car, the one that sticks on the window so the tolls don't slow me down. I think it is about $5 for the trip but being from NY/NJ area I have been paying tolls my whole life so it doesn't bother me. LOL
Old 04-06-2013, 08:23 AM

I haven't done the trip from Tampa but the Orlando trip is an easy ride on the turnpike. When leaving the airport make sure to take the "north" exit. The exact cost of the tolls is $6.25 from the airport to the Villages.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:31 PM
Gold member

If you fly into Tampa you avoid the flights full of kids going to Disney World. There are no tolls driving from Tampa if you take 275 to 75 North. Tampa is a very nice airport and easy to get in and out.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.