Coming for a realestate look/see in June

Closed Thread
Old 04-16-2008, 11:20 PM
Default Coming for a realestate look/see in June

Hi folks, I'm driving down from Maryland in June for a one week real estate look/see. So far have learned a great deal just by perusing this website. I'm a bit of a car nut and currently have a 2005 Corvette, does anyone have any recommendations for a reliable Chevy dealer in the general area to get service? Forgive me if my questions are all over the place. If I choose to move to TV, I will sell my house in Md and live there full time. Exactly how bad are the Summers in Central Florida. Do many TV residents actually stay year round? I would bring a minimal amount of furniture with me, are there any good centrally located furniture store/outlets? I've been reading about the bug issues and was wondering if you all also have fire ants? If termites are such an issue(as they are here in Md also) why don't they use steel beams instead of wood? What cities do you routine travel to, Tampa, Orlando, Ocala? I'm sure that my real estate agent will have the answers to these and many more questions just thought I could get a running start. Thanks in advance for any info that you can provide--e
Old 04-17-2008, 04:00 AM
Default Re: Coming for a realestate look/see in June

I'm sure you can find a chevy dealership nearby try an internet search and you can choose from many. As far as the Florida summers they are hot you can expect to see 90 deg weather here most of the summer but everything here is air conditioned or you can do what I do and go to the pool every afternoon. Go to weather.com and you can get the avg temps year round for zip 32162. I would guess that at least 3/4 of TV population stay here year round. As far as furniture stores there are plenty nearby also many good used furn. places and with the large turnover in population there are many good deals in the classifieds. I think the termite thing is a bit overdone if you have your home treated regularly you shouldn't have any problems. I've only heard of a couple homes having problems and in both cases it was due to negligence. As far as the love bugs you can expect to be annoyed by them for 2 months out of the year they don't bite but can damage your auto paint if you don't clean them off. There is very little need to travel anywhere for shopping as most stores are available here in TV. We travel occasionally to Ocala for shopping and often to Orlando to pick up people at the airport. Tampa airport is about the same distance as Orlando. Hope you enjoy your visit.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:09 PM

Thanks for the response and info--e
Old 05-04-2008, 10:00 AM

Re your furniture query. We are from England so had to buy everything new when we bought in The Villages.

Even though we have occasionally seen bad press on the internet about Kanes furniture company we were recommended to try them by a friend who saw a sofa there for $500 less then he had paid elsewhere.

We went up to Kanes in Ocala and I have to say the prices and the service were very good. We did have two or three items that arrived slightly damaged (which out of the whole house full of furniture wasn't bad), but they sent out an inspector to check them out very promptly and changed them immediately. We really have no complaints about this company.

Old 05-06-2008, 02:51 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Eddie, there's a very active Corvette club here. I'm sure you'll have no problem finding a good mechanic from them.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.