We Are Finally Here

Closed Thread
Old 07-03-2011, 08:41 AM
Gold member
Default We Are Finally Here

Husband and I arrived Friday. Have been looking at houses. Head is spinning! We looked at a CYV over in St. James. Anybody out there in the St. James/Tamarind Grove area? We are debating preowned or new. Would appreciate hearing from any potential neighbors. Happy Fourth of July!!!
Old 07-03-2011, 09:31 AM
Sage

Hi! We understand the "head spinning" part. We are building a Sun Kissed on Ansley Path in Tamarind Grove. Have fun and good luck.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tainsley View Post
Husband and I arrived Friday. Have been looking at houses. Head is spinning! We looked at a CYV over in St. James. Anybody out there in the St. James/Tamarind Grove area? We are debating preowned or new. Would appreciate hearing from any potential neighbors. Happy Fourth of July!!!
We are in a CYV in Tamarind Grove. Only advice I can give is to look until you find "the one".

I have noticed there are fewer of the Savanah and Key Villas being built and more of the "newer" models which seem to be costing a few more dollars if that helps.

George
Old 07-03-2011, 10:25 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via ICQ to mikeandnancy1112 Send a message via AIM to mikeandnancy1112

Welcome to The Villages. This is the best place in the world to live. We know, our second time in The Villages.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:42 PM

We are building in Tamarind Grove. We considered a CYV but felt we needed a bigger garage. They are nice, though especially the privacy in the back. So we traded that off for a bigger garage. I think TG has a really nice pool area and there are several nice rec centers close by. I'm sure you will find something you like, Good luck and have fun looking around.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,163 Times in 436 Posts
Default check out pre-owned

and you might save on the bond!....Lake County NO bond...
Old 07-03-2011, 01:51 PM
Veteran member

There are a couple of beautiful designer Lantana models on Talley Ridge Drive on the Glenview golf course for sale. Very low bond on them.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:29 PM

There are a couple of CYV with a two car garage in Tamarind Grove at the end of the street. I think they are very nice. Brand new.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tainsley View Post
Hello and welcome!

After 8 months of researching both VLS and MLS for a pre-owned house with open backyard in a village located south of Stillwater and after reading dozens of TOTV posts on the topic of buying new vs used, we decided on a new construction designer home in St James. That decision is what worked best for us.

We chose St James for many reasons- convenient location: to 2 regional Rec centers, 4 golf courses, 2 shopping plazas (Colony and the new one to be built on 466a near library, easy and quick access to 2 major roadways (BV Blvd and 466a) but w/out the noise and through traffic; great location: once the villages south of 466a are built, St James will be perfectly nestled between the 2 newest town squares, the village does not border non-village owned land so all homes will be insulated inside the bubble by surrounding villages; a sense of community: it already has a well-organized and active social/community club; and bc the village is so new and therefore does not have an established neighborhood meaning that [/I]generally speaking[/I] the residents are younger retirees who are first time residents of TV which creates certain je ne sais quoi vibe to St James.

My advice to you is to research TOTV forums to learn about the pro/cons of buying new/used from posters, evaluate their comments, and then make whatever decision is best for you and your situation. No decision is a wrong decision if its the best fit for you.

And BTW, if your head is spinning now, just wait til you move to TV and have to select from among the hundreds of actvities to do every day.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:05 AM
Sage

gmcneill, "...and then make whatever decision is best for you and your situation. No decision is a wrong decision if its the best fit for you."

Well said! And good luck to you on your new purchase in St. James.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
gmcneill, "...and then make whatever decision is best for you and your situation. No decision is a wrong decision if its the best fit for you."

Thank you for your kind wishes, Schaumburger.
A Happy and Safe July 4 to you and yours!
Old 07-04-2011, 08:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcneill View Post
Hello and welcome!

After 8 months of researching both VLS and MLS for a pre-owned house with open backyard in a village located south of Stillwater and after reading dozens of TOTV posts on the topic of buying new vs used, we decided on a new construction designer home in St James. That decision is what worked best for us.

We chose St James for many reasons- convenient location: to 2 regional Rec centers, 4 golf courses, 2 shopping plazas (Colony and the new one to be built on 466a near library, easy and quick access to 2 major roadways (BV Blvd and 466a) but w/out the noise and through traffic; great location: once the villages south of 466a are built, St James will be perfectly nestled between the 2 newest town squares, the village does not border non-village owned land so all homes will be insulated inside the bubble by surrounding villages; a sense of community: it already has a well-organized and active social/community club; and bc the village is so new and therefore does not have an established neighborhood meaning that [/I]generally speaking[/I] the residents are younger retirees who are first time residents of TV which creates certain je ne sais quoi vibe to St James.

My advice to you is to research TOTV forums to learn about the pro/cons of buying new/used from posters, evaluate their comments, and then make whatever decision is best for you and your situation. No decision is a wrong decision if its the best fit for you.

And BTW, if your head is spinning now, just wait til you move to TV and have to select from among the hundreds of actvities to do every day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post

with these two posts.

When you see something that says "HOME" to you. That's the one.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:01 PM
Default we are finally here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcneill View Post
Hello and welcome!

Just wanted to say 'Hi' and that we also chose St. James for some of the same reasons. We will be moving in on this Thursday. YES!!!!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.