Dancing at The Villages Rec Centers

Closed Thread
Old 01-03-2013, 07:11 AM
Default Dancing at The Villages Rec Centers

My wife and I love to dance and were wondering about what rec centers offer dances with live music on a regular basis. I see the Savannah Center and Colony Cottage Rec Center offer a monthly dance. Usually Tomaura plays music at the Savannah Center and Dieter hosts the dance at Colony Cottage Rec Center. I am not sure if Dieter's dance uses a band or not?? Do other rec centers use bands or simply use recorded music? And, if other centers have monthly dances do they use their large hall?

Thanks in advance for any feedback,

Dave
Old 01-03-2013, 07:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapster View Post
My wife and I love to dance and were wondering about what rec centers offer dances with live music on a regular basis. I see the Savannah Center and Colony Cottage Rec Center offer a monthly dance. Usually Tomaura plays music at the Savannah Center and Dieter hosts the dance at Colony Cottage Rec Center. I am not sure if Dieter's dance uses a band or not?? Do other rec centers use bands or simply use recorded music?

Thanks in advance for any feedback,

Dave
Umm. I am guessing that you do know that there is music and dancing everynight of the year but Christmas Eve at all three squares. (Except for bad weather) Some live and some semi live but a lot of dancing is always going on every night.

The rec centers have dance classes, not only the traditional kind, ballroom etc, but ballet, tap, jazz, clogging and line dancing.

Welcome Dave. I am guessing you haven't visited us yet.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:04 AM
Default Dancing

Thanks for the quick feedback.

We have been to The Villages many times but are looking for places that offer ballroom dance opportunities. The Savannah and Colony Cove rec centers are the only places that I know about with respect to ballroom dancing. I know Katie Belles offers some dancing but it is chiefly rock and roll. We like a mix of music with a live band. We have visited the local Elks clubs and Hawthorne Resort but were hoping that there was more opportunities for ballroom dancing to LIVE music at the rec centers. Dancing at the town squares is OK for line dancing but is hard on the feet for cha cha, swing, fox trot, etc.

Dancing to Tomaura at Tierra Del Sol country club is really the best we have found at The Villages!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 08:31 AM
Gold member

Check with La Hacienda rec center, I see ballroom dances advertised alot there. And there are always the classes of all different types of ballroom dances.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:39 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to WCDANCR Send a message via Skype™ to WCDANCR

Tony D plays good music on Sunday afternoons with many ballroom dancers attending. La Hacienda has Ballroom on the first 2 Fridays of every month and once a month at Laurel Manor. Also, first Tuesday of each month there is usually a dance at
Southern Oaks RV Resort on US Rte. 441/27, across from Del Webb Spruce Creek.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:51 PM
Location: Brooklyn, NY Queens, NY Village of Summerhill, Village of Santiago

Dave....check this link...there are 10 ballroom dance clubs listed...just call the contact person for the club. I'm sure there are plenty of opportunities for ballroom dancing.
When we first came down, my husband and I took ballroom classes thru the Learning College and they held dances at least once a month at a rec center. Good luck.

http://districtgov.org/images/ClubsListing.pdf
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.