Decorating

Closed Thread
Old 04-07-2015, 05:00 PM
deestatham

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannymaggie View Post
We have friends from Chicago who rented a house here for a month and found a home two weeks after they got here. They were so glad they had only rented a furnished home for a month. If you don't find something, you can extend your stay, but I feel confident you will find something you like fairly quick. Our friends found a lovely NEW home in LaBelle that was completely furnished and it was beautifully decorated. Everything was perfectly coordinated, including the pictures on the walls. Even the slats in the headboards matched the backs of the chairs in the kitchen. It was not overdone and it was really high quality furniture that you could add to in order to bring in your own personal sense of style. The only things our friends had to get was dishes, sheets, etc. You will have lots of choices. Good luck. You will love it here.
This is good information for me. I hope we find a house we love but I sincerely want to take my time and get acqainted with the lifesystle. I really like the idea of finding a fully furnished home and only having to buy the small stuff, like dishes, etc. And I'm confident we'll love TV - too many people have said how much they love it. My only wish is I wish we could've done it several years ago, but we had parents here to take care of. Hope to meet you!!
Old 04-21-2015, 11:23 AM
Gold member

I am also interested in a decorating group! I understand that there is a club in TV, but it sounded as if it was quite large.

When we first joined the forums, there was a great deal of decorating info. available on the forums. Of course at that time people were still doing custom build, so the comments reflected design and decor more frequently than what we now see posted.

I would love the ADMINISTRATORS to start a "Decorating" forum. I know it would be well received. ****HINT****HINT****
Old 04-21-2015, 09:36 PM
Platinum member

I would read a forum dedicated to decorating on TOTV...
Old 04-21-2015, 09:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
I would read a forum dedicated to decorating on TOTV...

I would too.

How about in May, those interested meet at my house? I don't think a big club would be fun. Limit first twenty????
Old 04-21-2015, 09:45 PM
Platinum member

I would like to join but I wouldn't be able to go to a get together until July when I am in TV on and off again for 6 months... Could I still count toward the first 20?
Old 04-21-2015, 10:29 PM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James

I may be interested Gracie! Keep me posted. Always love new decorating ideas.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:50 PM

Gracie,

I am very interested! I need suggestions and inspiration. Maybe we can rotate meeting monthly or so at our homes with an occasional "decor" shopping trip?
Old 04-23-2015, 08:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassieInVa View Post
Gracie,

I am very interested! I need suggestions and inspiration. Maybe we can rotate meeting monthly or so at our homes with an occasional "decor" shopping trip?

I think that sounds so wonderful. May would be a good time for me to begin. Hope that would be o.k. with those interested.
Old 04-23-2015, 02:23 PM

I'm in!
Old 04-23-2015, 04:47 PM

I am a thrift ,consignment ,estate sale maven in TV. Want to help others in quest to find "the just right " items for decorating their home . Free service, I just get pleasure from hunting! I too am wanting to join this decorating group. If we have at least 12 people we can create our own club and get a Recreation center card room 1 x per month. I am willing to do the set up ..respond to me via email or call 352-633-3339 Lauren
Old 04-23-2015, 10:41 PM
Veteran member

I would love to join this group for decorating tips. We started from scratch and the house does not flow. I know the solution is an easy fix, but finding the right accessories is daunting.
Old 04-24-2015, 04:48 PM

I would also love to participate. We will be arriving in the Villages on June 10.i will be following this thread until then. Having lived in Mexico for seven years, I am kinda out of touch with decorating US style.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.