Deleting appliances no longer an option ;-(

Closed Thread
Old 08-11-2013, 04:18 PM
Gold member
Default Deleting appliances no longer an option ;-(

I was told that the closing will no longer occur unless all appliances are in place. Therefore Design will no longer delete any appliances, to avoid such delays.

Not what I wanted to hear.

I'm hoping that this policy changes between now and our design appt in Nov. But I am really bummed!!
Old 08-11-2013, 04:26 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,312 Times in 545 Posts

You will have some choices on upgrading your appliances but I suppose at their prices. Oh, we'll.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:22 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

we were told the same
Old 08-11-2013, 05:50 PM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti105 View Post
I was told that the closing will no longer occur unless all appliances are in place. Therefore Design will no longer delete any appliances, to avoid such delays.

Not what I wanted to hear.

I'm hoping that this policy changes between now and our design appt in Nov. But I am really bummed!!

Perhaps an occupancy certificate cannot be issued on a new home unless all appliances are in place, just a thought.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:18 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

can the appliances be present in the house or must they be installed at closing. is there a way to leave them uninstalled so you could sell them and order you preferred appliances?

Old 08-11-2013, 08:32 PM

We think the refrigerator is too small, we thought we would sell the small one and buy the one we want. Sorry to hear this news.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

We had no luck selling our new Whirlpool stainless side-by-side with ice in the door, yadda yadda. Never used it. We thought it would be easy, but no. I think because so many people here are in new or newer housing, they're not looking for those appliances. Plus the cost of advertising in the Sun was extremely high.

We ended up giving it to Habitat for Humanity. I wanted to ditch the stove too, but we're living with it for a few years.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.