deposit anxiety

Closed Thread
Old 04-26-2011, 10:39 PM
Default Same boat here

We put down a deposit in March and have had some anxious moments, also. Keep telling ourselves things will work out. I guess I'll check with our agent, but i think if we don't start building or buy an existing house in a year, we lose the deposit...

thanks,

Wayne
Old 04-27-2011, 06:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by zummy View Post
We plan to put a year hold on a lot for 7500 and reviewed the contract. There is no language that allows you to change lots , just a verbal allegation.

We realize a risk accordingly and so should everyone else. Bottom line the "family" is in control and do and change policy not in writing at any time
I read a post on here that said that due to an unexpected turn of events that a person who had put a deposit down had to delay building for a couple of years, close to three. The developers worked with them and they didn't lose their deposit. I never once read that anyone lost their deposit. I am an avid reader of this forum as anyone can complain. I have never heard of a deposit being lost.

If you feel insecure don't move on a lot yet. If you have placed money down, please don't worry. They run things so carefully in that department.

I feel SURE you won't lose your money. VERY sure. Time to worry about the flooding. Or the unrest in the middle east. Or getting shingles, or something else.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Or getting shingles, or something else.

Go get your Zostavax GG!
Old 04-27-2011, 08:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
Go get your Zostavax GG!
Gonna do that.

Can I borrow $250 bucks 'til Tuesday, Russ???
Old 04-27-2011, 08:46 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James

Quote:
Gonna do that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We'll have a Benefit for you, Gracie. Bring on that shingles vac!
Old 04-27-2011, 09:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
Gonna do that.

Just put it on my platinum card
Old 04-29-2011, 04:33 PM
Smile Deposit and now on hold

Gracie I hope you are right..We have a deposit on Odessa Drive in Tamarind Grove...We must build by September...we just had an inspection today..I hope all goes well and we will be down soon to join our new family in TV..We are bring our friends with us and they are having a cottage buildt up by the Tamarind grove pool.. We are all so excited bu so worried about not selling..Things have been pretty low here on Long Island where houses are concerned...Hope to see you all soon...thanks for keeping our sprite up..:
Old 04-29-2011, 06:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sands View Post
BookBarb - we built our designer home in Buttonwood last summer. Contracted in mid April, closed near the end of June. There was even a glitch that the builder had to correct during the building process and I was concerned about meeting the agreed upon closing date - but the builder said "No worries; we can build one of these homes in 30 days." And it's quality construction, too. My husband went to our lot early one morning and said that around 10 minutes to 7am the stream of contractors came up the road. They swarm workers onto a home site like an Amish barn-raising. And they've kinda done it a few times, so I think they've got it down to a science.
I love your description of the swarm of contractors. I can see them streaming down the road! I can see them swarming the house. Great visual!
Old 04-29-2011, 09:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlediver View Post
We have a deposit on Odessa Drive in Tamarind Grove...We must build by September...we just had an inspection today..I hope all goes well and we will be down soon to join our new family in TV..We are bring our friends with us and they are having a cottage built up by the Tamarind Grove pool.
Hi neighbor! Can't wait to meet you and your friends at the Tamarind Grove pool. In August we plan to start building east of the TG pool in the cul-de-sac.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:59 PM
Default First time post

My wife and I visited, on a reccomendation from a friend who is a full-timer in TV, in Jan. We had done all of our research and were over expecting on our first visit. Two days into our trip, we new we wanted to be part of this lifestyle. Two days after that, I finally could see us actually being part of this. A a result, we told my wife's sister about our experience and she got excited. Cutting to the chase, the three of us have put a deposit on a lot. We will be arriving Friday to attend our friend's wedding and start selecting our options for our house that we are having TV buid. This story sounds like something that is in a movie, but, every time during our planning process that a potential problem arises, the answer is provided within days. Some things are mention to happen. We will be building in Tamarind Grove where the three of us will be living together. We chose to build so we could make the adjustments to our Iris to have two master suites. Looking forward to meeting all of our new neighbors. We will be building with the end result of our move towards the end of the year. Thank all of you for all of your valuable info.
B&BTexas
Old 04-29-2011, 10:09 PM
Sage

See ya at the pool! We plan to build in the cul-de-sac east of the Tamarind Grove pool.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincap View Post
On the Villages web site under "Build your Dream home" it says you will be "assigned someone in our professional design team" free of charge to help you make selections. When I asked my realtor he said I make selections with him. Maybe they had a design team at one point, but from the posts it does not sound like they did. There is also a video of a lovely couple building in St. James so it is current. Maybe they are planning to have one in the future and that is why the web site says what it does. A bit confusing but we will work it all out.
Just last month, march 5th to be exact, I met with a designer from the design team to pick my choices from "packages" they had to offer... The salesmen can do it but thankfully mine recognized what a "detail orientated/PIA" kind of person I am and offered to schedule me to meet with a designer...she was wonderful and extremely patient... We went into maybe 25 different models over two days and she had a smile on her face the whole time...I am glad I
had her... Love my salesman, but selling is his thing, not designing...i think you just have to ask if you want a "designer".... Btw, our house in buttonwood was completed this week in just 50 days...closing may 19th.... See you all at the pool
Old 04-30-2011, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie View Post
Just last month, march 5th to be exact, I met with a designer from the design team to pick my choices from "packages" they had to offer... The salesmen can do it but thankfully mine recognized what a "detail orientated/PIA" kind of person I am and offered to schedule me to meet with a designer...she was wonderful and extremely patient... We went into maybe 25 different models over two days and she had a smile on her face the whole time...I am glad I
had her... Love my salesman, but selling is his thing, not designing...i think you just have to ask if you want a "designer".... Btw, our house in buttonwood was completed this week in just 50 days...closing may 19th.... See you all at the pool
Our salesman was with us for three days. Bryan was extremely patient but I had ideas already of what I wanted. I never felt rushed. He offered suggestions when I needed them. Yesterday we got our first pictures. We will be closing soon after you in Buttonwood. We are on Bachman Path.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:26 PM

Hi, I think that if you don't biuld within a year, you can transfer your deposit to anther lot. Check this out with the sales office. Good Luck!!!
Old 05-10-2011, 07:53 PM
Wink

Prefriends sounds like a inviting new word for me to use ! Thank you! We are waiting for our place to sell also !
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.