Did you research other communities?

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2019, 06:08 PM

Default Did you research other communities?

My husband and I are currently in the process of researching various 55+ communities in Florida. Did you do this prior to selecting TV? What did you discover and why did you chose TV? We have visited our parents here several times and always have fun. However, the pace of growth is making me nervous as we have a 3-4 year timeline.

Old 05-19-2019, 06:25 PM

Let me start by saying that neither of us are golfers... so I will not address that here.

We did research and visited some of the other 55+ communities. Specifically, we researched Citrus Hills and Margaritaville and visited Citrus Hills. The first did not provide nearly the amount of "happenings" or activities and our overnight stay was rudely interrupted very early by lawn mowers outside our window. The second has not taken off yet... I was turned off by the lack of infrastructure, although they do have a good marketing ploy.

After our second visit to TV, we were sold on it.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2019, 07:00 PM

We checked out "On Top Of The World" and Citrus Hills. We found that you get more house for your $ in both of those communities...BUT...
there is so much more to do here and that decided it for us.
Old 05-19-2019, 07:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Princess View Post
My husband and I are currently in the process of researching various 55+ communities in Florida. Did you do this prior to selecting TV?
No, we did not do any research. We visited for a few days, saw a lot of people like us having a good time, and decided we wanted to move here.

However, before we chose a lot and decided what model house to have built and what options to include, we did a great deal of research. We are very happy with our choices, but we wish we had a water faucet on our lanai. That's about it.
Old 05-19-2019, 07:56 PM

On top of the world was quickly eliminated because we noticed the sales agent spoke to us about things we spoke about in the models which we toured unaccompanied.

I understand the use of cameras to watch for damage but the spying really creeped me out. Who knows what sort of oversight they use in everyday. I don't think this is unreasonable to consider given their business practices.
Old 05-19-2019, 09:00 PM

Nothing like TV anywhere else. It’ s not about the house, it is about your lifestyle.

Old 05-19-2019, 09:34 PM
Gold member

Location: The Berkshires of Western Massachusetts and the Villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierPa View Post
Nothing like TV anywhere else. It’ s not about the house, it is about your lifestyle.
Agree!
Old 05-19-2019, 10:01 PM
Gold member

Yes. Had more than 10 years to search. We did not restrict ourselves to retirement places.

Last edited by Velvet; 05-19-2019 at 10:36 PM.
Old 05-20-2019, 07:33 AM
Veteran member

Location: Ohio, Indiana, Missouri, Georgia, The Villages (St. James)

You should consider health care needs as part of your research. Many TV residents are concerned about the quality of medical facilities in and near our community. I looked closely at the hospital and other facilities before I purchased. I happen to be satisfied with my level of care. If your needs are great, you might prefer a large metro area with more choices available. Just food for thought.
Old 05-20-2019, 08:05 AM
Sage

After 3rd trip "driving by" the Villages talked ole boy into stopping, then the research stsrted. Kids live in Winter Park, sooooo, no brainer after checking out Solivita and Top of the World, and many more...Now living in paradise and drinking the kool-aid.
Closed Thread

Tags
communities, times, year, parents, timeline