Different Countys of the Villages

Closed Thread
Old 01-15-2015, 10:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
And just what is that statement based on? You jest right?

If not then it is a predjudiced throw away, baseless remark!
I have to agree. That post was just off the wall. No area of TV is more prone to crime than any other.
Old 01-22-2015, 10:20 PM

very new to this, and still deciding if it is right for us. But, OldManTime, what do you mean about crime in the newer area's of the villages? What about the newer areas makes it more susceptible to crime? I am still trying to wrap my head around the boundaries of The Villages.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:14 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,309 Times in 543 Posts

A bit more than nine years in TV my experence with three "new" areas--- Caroline, Hadley and Sanibel---the new construction does bring the potential for crime due to the sheer number of various "trade workers" in the area of new villages. My experience is that the difference is not significant. Bottom line---if new to TV and you want a new home---GO FOR IT!

Generally, you will find the "younger" retirees in the new Villages. That could be important or not to you. Best of luck. TV is a great place to live---no matter which area you land.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:52 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

In addition to other suggestions such as reviewing the cost impact of bonds and millage rates, I suggest that you take a look at just how each of the Counties actually budgets and spends the tax money they collect [and check the town of Lady Lake, too].

And most of all - read the Covenants and Deed Restrictions for the areas in which you think you might want to purchase. All too often folks become enraptured with all that The Villages has to offer - only to be disappointed because they cannot decorate their property as they wish, must seek approval of the Architectural Review Comm for some projects, are restricted by paint colors for house exteriors, etc.

Old 02-26-2015, 12:58 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,769 Times in 3,637 Posts

We in the newer area's have newer stuff to steal.

Old 02-26-2015, 01:47 PM
Veteran member

He never stated that crime in TV was higher than other places. He stated that crime in certain areas of TV are higher than in other areas of TV.
Which is actually true.
Old 02-28-2015, 07:48 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManTime View Post
Do your homework, look at the crime in the newer area's of the villages, make that a deciding factor too.
crime is not higher in the newer sections.....what is up with this wildwood/fruitland park phobia? Look at the amenities you desire when you do your research.
Old 02-28-2015, 08:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Come stay in a few areas before you buy. Some want to be near grocery, some banks, some town squares

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.