Directions from A to B via Cart AND Multi-modal?

Closed Thread
Old 02-23-2019, 12:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Do you have a smart phone?

You could either use your phone for the internet, or simply 'tether/mobile hotspot' for a laptop.

It's actually quite simple to set up.
We're on a limited data plan. Honestly, I'm not looking for suggestions for improvement. If I was, I'd ask for suggestions for improvement. My questions are specific to my actual needs and limitations. If I'm near an Xfinity hotspot I'll have wifi access just fine. But I can't count on that, and data costs money when you're not on an unlimited data plan.
Old 02-23-2019, 12:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
We're on a limited data plan. Honestly, I'm not looking for suggestions for improvement. If I was, I'd ask for suggestions for improvement. My questions are specific to my actual needs and limitations.
LOL, well...OK then.

Quote:
If I'm near an Xfinity hotspot I'll have wifi access just fine. But I can't count on that, and data costs money when you're not on an unlimited data plan.
They also have this neat little feature, called an 'off' button...when internet connection not needed.

Oops, didn't mean to provide any "improvement"...to your stressing.

My bad.
Old 02-23-2019, 12:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
LOL, well...OK then.

They also have this neat little feature, called an 'off' button...when internet connection not needed.

Oops, didn't mean to provide any "improvement"...to your stressing.

My bad.
See, I already know about that stuff. I'm pretty tech savvy and can take apart a component computer and put it back together with upgraded ram and a new heat sink faster than most people can.

So honestly - the things I'm asking about are very specific, for very specific reasons. What stresses me, is when people try to "help" with things I didn't ask about because it makes me feel like you're talking down to me.
Old 02-23-2019, 01:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
See, I already know about that stuff. I'm pretty tech savvy and can take apart a component computer and put it back together with upgraded ram and a new heat sink faster than most people can.

So honestly - the things I'm asking about are very specific, for very specific reasons. What stresses me, is when people try to "help" with things I didn't ask about because it makes me feel like you're talking down to me.
You're just gonna have to learn to accept, that this is a public bulletin board and not every post/response (especially when one is the OP/thread starter)...is going to comport with exactly what you want.

And back to the topic, if you get lost just pull off to the side, screech your frustration at the top of your lungs and I'm sure some nice person...will be sure to stop and "help."
Old 02-23-2019, 02:34 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
You're just gonna have to learn to accept, that this is a public bulletin board and not every post/response (especially when one is the OP/thread starter)...is going to comport with exactly what you want.

And back to the topic, if you get lost just pull off to the side, screech your frustration at the top of your lungs and I'm sure some nice person...will be sure to stop and "help."

As they say, "if I want your opinion I'll ask for it". Oops, OP did that. Ok so then "LET NO GOOD DEED GO UNPUNISHED"
Old 02-23-2019, 02:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
As they say, "if I want your opinion I'll ask for it". Oops, OP did that. Ok so then "LET NO GOOD DEED GO UNPUNISHED"
No, I wasn't looking for opinions. I was looking for information. But thanks for playing.
Old 02-23-2019, 03:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Never thought I would say it but here goes.... Chatbrat wasn't such a bad guy after all.
Old 02-23-2019, 03:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Never thought I would say it but here goes.... Chatbrat wasn't such a bad guy after all.

This has to be the post of the month, no wait of the quarter.

------------------
After all the unbelievable posts , glad I read to yours.
Old 02-23-2019, 03:28 PM
Sage

I miss Chatbrat. But back to property taxes; the first year taxes will be based on the status of the property on January 1, 2019. If the property was homesteaded by the former owner you will pay at that rate. If it was not homesteaded, the rate will be higher until your own homestead exemption goes into effect next January 1.
Old 02-23-2019, 03:36 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
I miss Chatbrat. But back to property taxes; the first year taxes will be based on the status of the property on January 1, 2019. If the property was homesteaded by the former owner you will pay at that rate. If it was not homesteaded, the rate will be higher until your own homestead exemption goes into effect next January 1.
I miss him too. He was not mean like some on here.
Old 02-23-2019, 03:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Chatbrat mostly criticized fine cuisine (or the lack thereof), but seldom made personal attacks...except in retaliation.
Old 02-23-2019, 03:59 PM
Sage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
Old 02-23-2019, 06:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Chat dropped off in the fall as I did. Sadly I have not seen a post since. Hoping they are well, miss the banter about food, and useless needless information
Old 02-23-2019, 06:06 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Chat dropped off in the fall as I did. Sadly I have not seen a post since. Hoping they are well, miss the banter about food, and useless needless information
Glad to see you back also
Old 02-23-2019, 08:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:

Jazuela. For PETE's SAKE. People are just trying to help you. Stop with the "attitude".

Here is a map of your area. I took a picture of my Villages map that you can buy for five bucks. If you don't start listening to folks who live here, it will take you a long time to get your bearings. It takes some doing, learning your way around. We have all been there.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	000_9012 (3).jpg
Views:	192
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	78658  

Tags
golf, cart, springs, spanish, side

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.