Distance

Closed Thread
Old 04-16-2011, 09:53 AM
Sage

Thanks, me. I will search also, and if I find anything I'll let you know.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:55 AM
Sage

Yo me, I just got this from the DIY chatroom( a very useful site)If you search ebay.com for LED headlights, there are over 20,000 items. You can further subdivide it by putting ATV in your search, then you will get about 40 items. One that looks promising is called "YAMAHA BANSHEE BLASTER GRIZZLY HEADLIGHT LED ATV LIGHT" and you can also search for it by copying that name into the search block...
I haven't had time to look myself yet.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbama View Post
We aren't there yet, but plan to have one of each as I know "my car" will be a golf cart (gas) as another post stated. I've read about every post about golf carts and there are avid fans on both sides. We have riden in both. We did have an electric cart die on us in the parking lot at Mallory. Luckily the neighbor at the house we were renting was the caretaker for the owner. He came and rescued us. So, if you ever rent for a week or more and the owner has an electric, be sure to find out what to do if you get stranded. The problem we experienced wasn't low battery, but something else. I realize you can also have something go wrong with a gas cart too. Anything mechanical is subject to unexpected problems (like our real cars). Always ask who to call if you have any cart problems, gas or electric.
jgbama, thanks for words of advice about asking who to call if you have cart problem as I will be driving a gas cart for the first time in July when I rent in the Village of Chatham. My AAA motor club card probably won't cover golf cart breakdowns.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:52 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francie View Post
I am not yet a resident of TV, but are there any initiatives from the residents for charging stations to be installed at the Rec Centers or other points? With the demand I would think this would be a highly requested service. Certainly, those utilizing would have to pay to refuel, but seems like this would be a natural as the community expands.
Francie,

I wondered this as well, but it might mean having to bring your own power connector with you. Much like PCs ans mobile phones, the part that plugs into the cart varies by manufacturer/model.

k
Old 04-16-2011, 02:01 PM

Where or what is "LAL" ?
Old 04-16-2011, 02:41 PM
Platinum member

Sammy:

I'm pretty sure that LAL should have been posted as LSL, meaning Lake Sumter Landing!

Sadly, lots of posters are a bit sloppy with their postings!

SWR
Old 04-16-2011, 04:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Thanks, me. I will search also, and if I find anything I'll let you know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Yo me, I just got this from the DIY chatroom( a very useful site)If you search ebay.com for LED headlights, there are over 20,000 items. You can further subdivide it by putting ATV in your search, then you will get about 40 items. One that looks promising is called "YAMAHA BANSHEE BLASTER GRIZZLY HEADLIGHT LED ATV LIGHT" and you can also search for it by copying that name into the search block...
I haven't had time to look myself yet.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:27 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARBUCKSSAMMY View Post
Where or what is "LAL" ?
"LAL" is right next to "LSL"..... just like "L" is next "S" on your keyboard. Just a fat finger
Old 04-17-2011, 09:11 PM

Katzbox - Yeah, I thought of that also. I travel a lot and next to my wallet, my Rx and my cell phone, my cell phone charger cord is right up on the top of my list. The cart charger would be no different.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:36 AM
Gold member

I think the range issue for electric is way overblown. We live at the current southern extremity of TV (near 466A) and have traveled to Lopez, golfed and come back at night and still had close to half a charge left. When you think about it, if a cart gives you a 50 mile range and at an average speed of 15 mph, you would have to be in your cart for over 3 hours of constant driving.

Having to follow behind gas carts is one of the more obnoxious parts about golf cart transportation - akin to the old days of eating in restaurants next to a smoker.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJblue View Post
I think the range issue for electric is way overblown. We live at the current southern extremity of TV (near 466A) and have traveled to Lopez, golfed and come back at night and still had close to half a charge left. When you think about it, if a cart gives you a 50 mile range and at an average speed of 15 mph, you would have to be in your cart for over 3 hours of constant driving.
Sounds like you have a good set of batteries. From my experiences, you may be the exception having a cart that can travel 50 miles. What kind of cart do you drive?

Most carts cannot go 50 miles on a charge. Very few should do so without discharging the batteries too low reducing the life of the battery pack.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnewt View Post
As I previously posted we will be closing on our CYV in Tamarind Grove April 20th. I know there has been alot of discussion on the pros and cons of gas versus electric golf carts. However, looking at the distance from LAL and Tamarind Grove it appears to me that we will need to get a gas cart. I would apprieciate any input from those already living in Tamarind Grove, St. Charles, Buttenwood or other areas nearby.
We're moving into Tamarind Grove on June 28th and we just today ordered our new Yamaha Drive Gas Cart from Carts and Clubs in Ocala. We live in Pinehurst, NC now and have used electric carts for the past 20 years (they don't allow gas carts here). Yes, they are quiet and "smell free" but we want the freedom and confidence that a gas cart will provide since we will use it for golf shopping, dining, etc.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:18 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
Sounds like you have a good set of batteries. From my experiences, you may be the exception having a cart that can travel 50 miles. What kind of cart do you drive?

Most carts cannot go 50 miles on a charge. Very few should do so without discharging the batteries too low reducing the life of the battery pack.
We have a Star car. It is a street legal version and has a hi/low speed switch which converts it from regular golf cart speed (low) to street legal speed (high). When in hi-speed mode we can not go great distances - but usually quite adequate for our normal driving. If we plan to go longer, we shift it to regular golf cart speed and, as I indicated, it allows us to go from Hemmingway to Lopez and back (at night) with plenty of remaining juice. But our cart was not unique. We did this as part of a neighborhood golf outing and everyone's electric cart made it with no problem.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:35 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Most electric carts go 35 to 40 miles on a full charge. However that should be plenty for going from one end of the Villages to the other, playing 18 holes and returning after dark. Electric carts require you to maintain your batteries. Add distilled water and not over fill. Clean the terminals to eliminate the corrosion. Maintain a full charge every day and if your away, have someone who will use and charge once in a while. I have two carts, a gas Yamaha and a Club Car electric. Both have there pro's and con's. If I am going a long way and doing night driving I usually take the gas. To go play 18, have lunch and come home, or just going to the square, take the electric. If I could only have one cart, it would be the gas Yamaha.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJblue View Post
We have a Star car. It is a street legal version and has a hi/low speed switch which converts it from regular golf cart speed (low) to street legal speed (high). When in hi-speed mode we can not go great distances - but usually quite adequate for our normal driving. If we plan to go longer, we shift it to regular golf cart speed and, as I indicated, it allows us to go from Hemmingway to Lopez and back (at night) with plenty of remaining juice. But our cart was not unique. We did this as part of a neighborhood golf outing and everyone's electric cart made it with no problem.
Thanks. I am a big electric cart fan. I did not mean to imply electric carts could not make that trip, but wanted to caution folks new to the battery world that all carts cannot go 50 miles. The cart I just bought with 3+ year old batteries (6-8 volt pack) will still push 30 miles. I live off of Murphy's Estates in Mallory and recently played Lopez. The odometer said I went 26 miles (a better golfer may only have travelled 24 miles ).
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.