Do You Have Regrets After Moving To TV?

Do You Have Regrets After Moving To TV?

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 06-24-2019, 09:20 PM

Cape Cod has changed dramatically in the last 20 yrs. Traffic congestion, no parking. Lots of snow.

Old 06-24-2019, 10:17 PM
Gold member

Location: The Berkshires of Western Massachusetts and the Villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilmacowen View Post
Cape Cod has changed dramatically in the last 20 yrs. Traffic congestion, no parking. Lots of snow.
Don't forget the thousands of seals which cover the beach with seal crap when the tides come in, bring in great white sharks so you risk your life swimming, and eat all the striped bass and blue fish so the fishing is fruitless. We have been going to the Cape every summer our whole lives, but it just is not the same any more. However, we have no regrets about the Villages. Every time we visit our Villiages home, the trip goes by way to fast and we don't want to leave. Every time we go back north all we do is talk about how much we wish we were back at our Villages home. If we could only dump all of those pesky responsibilities up north so we could become frogs. Someday?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2019, 05:14 AM

I must admit that we are in the process of moving out of TV, but not out of dissatisfaction, regret, or homesickness. We really enjoy boating and fishing, and decided that we wanted to live where we have easier access to the Harris chain of lakes. We've found a beautiful place here in Cent. FL where we will have our own boat slip; and right on a golf course for much less than it would cost here! The Villages is beautiful and convenient, just not exactly a fit for us. I'm sure we will miss it - there's no Starbucks near the new place!
Old 06-25-2019, 05:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by aninjamom View Post
I must admit that we are in the process of moving out of TV, but not out of dissatisfaction, regret, or homesickness. We really enjoy boating and fishing, and decided that we wanted to live where we have easier access to the Harris chain of lakes. We've found a beautiful place here in Cent. FL where we will have our own boat slip; and right on a golf course for much less than it would cost here! The Villages is beautiful and convenient, just not exactly a fit for us. I'm sure we will miss it - there's no Starbucks near the new place!

That makes sense.

It sounds like you've found a perfect location for your interests...good luck.
Old 06-25-2019, 03:59 PM
Veteran member

Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina /One Retired in Duval

Still have northern homes so no reason to be unhappy no matter where we stay
Old 07-02-2019, 09:53 AM

Moved here 3 years ago and everything was great until this year. Medical is a nightmare-are considering moving a smaller 55 Community with plenty of activities and golfing with better access to Doctors and not having to go through Nurses-PA if there is an issue. Stores are getting so crowded..Too bad it seems to be all about them making more $$$.
Old 07-03-2019, 05:58 AM
Soaring Eagle member

TVs is a great getaway for me , but I will never give up country living on the Chesapeake Bay.
Old 07-03-2019, 07:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
TVs is a great getaway for me , but I will never give up country living on the Chesapeake Bay.
You certainly have the best of two worlds!
Old 07-03-2019, 08:04 AM

I could never live in the villages full-time although it has its perks it also has its drawbacks. Yes it's cold up north and it does Snow in the winter time. But the villages is really no Bargain in the winter either. We get Frost many times and I've even seen snow. The place is extremely crowded. If you want warm winters go south not Central Florida. The medical facilities are really not the best, may be mediocre. Golf course maintenance has gotten worse over the years and prices still go up. Up north in the mountains I can still play golf at $30 on many of the beautiful mountain courses with green trees doglegs left and right. Nights are cool the days are pleasant humidity is low. If you live in New York State you have Lakes, beaches, mountains, forest, farmland, probably one of the prettiest states in the union. Florida I have sand, Flat terrain,And yes I have to say some really great beaches we also have some really nice lakes but we also have the hottest and most humid summers aside from the rainforest in the world. So maybe if a person can afford it being a snowbird is a good life. I personally still enjoys skiing, snowshoeing, cross-country ski, and just plain love to see the Snows come. I love to come inside after winter activities have a cup of hot chocolate and sit by my fireplace. What I really miss is going to the squares ( yer right ) or sitting at the outside bar as city fire (right again) Yes we do have crime up north but so does the villages.

Tags
regret, home, moving, area, back