Do You Have Regrets After Moving To TV?

Closed Thread
Old 07-02-2019, 09:53 AM

Moved here 3 years ago and everything was great until this year. Medical is a nightmare-are considering moving a smaller 55 Community with plenty of activities and golfing with better access to Doctors and not having to go through Nurses-PA if there is an issue. Stores are getting so crowded..Too bad it seems to be all about them making more $$$.
Old 07-03-2019, 05:58 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

TVs is a great getaway for me , but I will never give up country living on the Chesapeake Bay.
Old 07-03-2019, 07:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
TVs is a great getaway for me , but I will never give up country living on the Chesapeake Bay.
You certainly have the best of two worlds!
Old 07-03-2019, 08:04 AM
Veteran member

I could never live in the villages full-time although it has its perks it also has its drawbacks. Yes it's cold up north and it does Snow in the winter time. But the villages is really no Bargain in the winter either. We get Frost many times and I've even seen snow. The place is extremely crowded. If you want warm winters go south not Central Florida. The medical facilities are really not the best, may be mediocre. Golf course maintenance has gotten worse over the years and prices still go up. Up north in the mountains I can still play golf at $30 on many of the beautiful mountain courses with green trees doglegs left and right. Nights are cool the days are pleasant humidity is low. If you live in New York State you have Lakes, beaches, mountains, forest, farmland, probably one of the prettiest states in the union. Florida I have sand, Flat terrain,And yes I have to say some really great beaches we also have some really nice lakes but we also have the hottest and most humid summers aside from the rainforest in the world. So maybe if a person can afford it being a snowbird is a good life. I personally still enjoys skiing, snowshoeing, cross-country ski, and just plain love to see the Snows come. I love to come inside after winter activities have a cup of hot chocolate and sit by my fireplace. What I really miss is going to the squares ( yer right ) or sitting at the outside bar as city fire (right again) Yes we do have crime up north but so does the villages.
Closed Thread

Tags
regret, home, moving, area, back

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.