Do You Have Regrets After Moving To TV?

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 05-15-2019, 06:41 AM

Default Do You Have Regrets After Moving To TV?

Hello. I am relocating here and I already miss home.

Do you regret moving to TV?
Why?
Will you move back home? Or, to another area?

If you got over your regret, how did you do it?

Thank you.

Old 05-15-2019, 07:11 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Moved here in 2009. My regret wish I'd have done it earlier. Have NO desire to go back to Long Island period.
Regrets
Old 05-15-2019, 07:22 AM
Platinum member

Thumbs up Regrets

Yes. The biggest regret is that we did not move here sooner. Your life will change..you will be more active, you will enjoy all of the activities that are available. After about 2-3 years you will tell the family to come here as you don't want to take the trip back and miss a lot of things in The Village. Have been here going on 13 years and don't have any desire to live somewhere else. Spent 12 years on the Beach in southern Florida and it did not compare to the Villages. Would you stay where you are for someone else rather than making your life better. Hopefully you are not in some Co-Dependent relationship(s). If so, you are living for the other person not youself. As they say in the south: "Come on Down"
Old 05-15-2019, 07:29 AM
Sage

Never, ever have we regretted this move from Boston. In fact, quite the opposite .... wish we had done it 10 yrs earlier before we spent mega bucks renting for four months each winter on the Gulf Coast.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 05-15-2019, 07:37 AM
Sage

I regret not leaving more stuff behind.
Old 05-15-2019, 07:56 AM
Sage

Regrets are from "living in the past or for what-if's" and why waste your energy on all that. Be thankful for where you are in LIFE right now. IF you're relocating, then something drew you here and I would go with the excitement of change.

Do I miss where we once lived? Only elements of that---but wouldn't want to go back nor can one actually do that. IF you moved here today and then turned around and moved back again in 6 months to a year---LIFE would have gone on there and you wouldn't fit quite in the niche you once had "there". I've known folks who've done just that (not necessarily from here) but it was always mentioned on how there had been "change" and it wasn't
"like it used to be".

Carpe Diem
Old 05-15-2019, 08:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member

NOOOOOOOO REGRETS. Best advice I ever recieved...Happiness in not in any one place. Happiness is not with any one person. happiness is always within. You can be unhappy and have regrets or you can be happy with no regrets. It really is your choice. Yes, there are some stresses with a move such as making new friends, learning where to find the grocery store, missing your favorite restaurant. I could go on but think of it as an adventure. An adventure of your choice.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:09 AM

Yes - every July and August when I think of the beautiful days and the great nights up north. The beauty of the spring green color of the trees. You will find out I say no more
Old 05-15-2019, 11:06 AM
Sage

Ohio will always live in my heart, the four real seasons and the memories of our little ones and our grands being little too. But now we love the vibrancy of this climate and the enjoyment of conversation with our peers and learning new skills and resting when we are done "working".

I love beautiful and clean and well ordered and well maintained and I love living in a safe environment and The Villages fill the bill. Hope for a continued gentle life.
Old 05-15-2019, 12:15 PM
Gold member

Pretty much a one sided survey by asking the question here. I equate it to asking 80% new Cadillac owners how do you like your new car. Ask a new Lincoln owner how did you like your last Cadillac. To be an truer representation you need to reach the people who moved away from here also. Believe it or not there is a fair population that have moved away.

Tags
regret, home, moving, area, back