Do You Have Regrets After Moving To TV?

Do You Have Regrets After Moving To TV?

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 05-15-2019, 04:47 PM
luperona9 luperona9 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagjr1 View Post
Yes! We stayed 2 years in the Villages and moved up to Sun City SC. Much more attractive, much less crowded, much less traffic and a lot more privacy! We bought new in the bubble in Oct of 2015. Back door neighbor was only 20 feet away, there were no trees and bugs were everywhere at night. Here where we are now there are much lower property taxes for full time residents, NO bond fees and plenty of activities that are not jammed packed! I can go for a walk and not have to deal with drunk drivers on golf carts, my mail gets delivered right to my house. Yes there is a state income tax, but after all the deductions it was less than zero! The ocean is only 30-45 mins away, and the dining is to die for here. We never regret moving away, it just wasn't for us! Now I know some of you diehard Villagers are about to jump all over me, but do yourself a favor and dive on up and take a look around! You too will question why you haven't moved yet.
And yet two years later reading the forum. Hmm

Proximity to neighbors, bond, trees were obvious factors before even buying.

I live with no back neighbors, lots of trees, no bond.

Never seen anyone drunk on a golf cart, do my own insecticide and have zero bug problems.

Traffic is no issue.

Some of my fortunes may be luck but most is due diligence.
Reply With Quote

  #22  
Old 05-15-2019, 06:07 PM
queasy27 queasy27 is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 545
Default

I agree that the majority of posters here are likely to be happy with their choice. I know several who have left, primarily because they miss family, but also because of health problems, not adjusting well to the climate, or feeling that the value for money wasn't good for them because they didn't use most of the amenities.

It's probably similar to retirement ... some people thrive while others get bored or feel at loose ends. As to how you get over it, consider everyone's advice to stay active and engaged. I think being a little homesick is normal but try not to focus on it or beat yourself up over your decision. Give it a year and think of it as a long vacation. Everything is reversible if that's what you decide. Best of luck.

Last edited by queasy27; 05-16-2019 at 09:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #23  
Old 05-15-2019, 06:17 PM
pooh's Avatar
pooh pooh is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: MA, CA, TV
Posts: 6,074
Default

I have no regrets. 34 years in CA...our neighborhood was changing, friends were moving. Our children and grandchildren were in FL so during one of our visits, a quick trip to visit TV. A second visit a few days later and we gave our sales rep info on just what home model we wanted, what type of lot we would like and a few months later...well, we’ve been here for many years now and I know more people and have more friends than I did in CA. Many of us on our street all moved to TV about the same time and quickly became like family. Regrets, none....well, maybe one....I do miss the much lower humidity levels of southern CA...lolol.
__________________
Namaste y'all

Last edited by pooh; 05-15-2019 at 09:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-15-2019, 06:19 PM
twoplanekid's Avatar
twoplanekid twoplanekid is offline
Gold member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton
Posts: 1,320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Ohio will always live in my heart, the four real seasons and the memories of our little ones and our grands being little too. But now we love the vibrancy of this climate and the enjoyment of conversation with our peers and learning new skills and resting when we are done "working".

I love beautiful and clean and well ordered and well maintained and I love living in a safe environment and The Villages fill the bill. Hope for a continued gentle life.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-15-2019, 06:24 PM
perrjojo's Avatar
perrjojo perrjojo is offline
Soaring Eagle member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mission Hills
Posts: 2,115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagjr1 View Post
Yes! We stayed 2 years in the Villages and moved up to Sun City SC. Much more attractive, much less crowded, much less traffic and a lot more privacy! We bought new in the bubble in Oct of 2015. Back door neighbor was only 20 feet away, there were no trees and bugs were everywhere at night. Here where we are now there are much lower property taxes for full time residents, NO bond fees and plenty of activities that are not jammed packed! I can go for a walk and not have to deal with drunk drivers on golf carts, my mail gets delivered right to my house. Yes there is a state income tax, but after all the deductions it was less than zero! The ocean is only 30-45 mins away, and the dining is to die for here. We never regret moving away, it just wasn't for us! Now I know some of you diehard Villagers are about to jump all over me, but do yourself a favor and dive on up and take a look around! You too will question why you haven't moved yet.
As many have said, TV is not for everyone but if you no longer live here there must be something about this place that speaks to you. Why do you still follow talk of the Villages? I do not mean this “to get all over you” but I do find it curious
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-15-2019, 06:47 PM
stan the man stan the man is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 291
Default

Probably reads the Forum just to see what what's and how much crime has risen in The Villages since they left. Also probably wondering how the golf course conditions are and if they're improved any since they left which I seriously doubt. I also read my hometown paper to see what's happening. It's also nice to see how the Kool-Aid drinkers I'm making out
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-15-2019, 06:49 PM
luperona9 luperona9 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the man View Post
Probably reads the Forum just to see what what's and how much crime has risen in The Villages since they left. Also probably wondering how the golf course conditions are and if they're improved any since they left which I seriously doubt. I also read my hometown paper to see what's happening. It's also nice to see how the Kool-Aid drinkers I'm making out
What's s kool-aid drinker!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-15-2019, 08:39 PM
JoMar JoMar is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,860
Default

Those that love it here, or their spouse loves it here and they can't leave, or they just don't have time or a desire to complain. Lots of different Kool-Aid here
__________________
No one believes the truth when the lie is more interesting

Berks County Pennsylvania
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-16-2019, 04:58 AM
jojo's Avatar
jojo jojo is offline
Platinum member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,635
Default

Living in The Villages was the best decision we ever made. We've lived here 11 years and it's fun to enjoy all that's been added - Brownwood, the Sharon, and now all of the new amenities in Southern Oaks. It just gets better. I am sad with the grief some friends had when they had to move back because they needed family support due to health problems. As others have said, our regret is that we didn't move here sooner.
__________________
Columbus OH, The Villages - Amelia
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-16-2019, 05:17 AM
Love2Swim Love2Swim is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 237
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luperona9 View Post
And yet two years later reading the forum. Hmm

Proximity to neighbors, bond, trees were obvious factors before even buying.

I live with no back neighbors, lots of trees, no bond.

Never seen anyone drunk on a golf cart, do my own insecticide and have zero bug problems.

Traffic is no issue.

Some of my fortunes may be luck but most is due diligence.
Hmm, are you sure you live in The Villages? My experience with traffic and drunks in golf carts is different than yours.

Our feeling is nothing is ever perfect, and that holds true for The Villages.We've met some wonderful people, and we do enjoy the choice of activities. On the downside is the the sheer size of the Villages. The population has doubled since we moved here and we really can notice the increase in traffic and the numbers of people vying for space in restaurants and some of the classes at certain times of year. I gave up trying to do zumba. Just didn't want to get to a class an hour ahead of time just to get a spot. The condition of the golf courses has also been a huge disappointment. And we've experienced nasty behavior from other residents when our political views did not coincide with theirs, something we never went through up north. That was really a shocker. But we feel the plusses outweigh the minuses. And once you get settled in, buy a house, make friends, etc., its hard to pull up stakes and start over again at this age.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
regret, home, moving, area, back

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:33 PM.