Four more years - Son for sale or lease

Closed Thread
Old 11-01-2012, 04:54 AM
Default Four more years - Son for sale or lease

My daughter is awaiting responses from the final and most difficult colleges admissions - one down. My son will be in freshman in HS next year. Yeah four more years. I know you should always live for today but my god I am tired. 30 years at the same company and loathing the cold more and more.

I know am truly blessed mind you.. I am sitting in my easy chair all toasty next to the gas stove with dusty at my feet. (My sister is up in long Island with no power and the low temp here for the next few days is in the 30s and they are north of me - that's serious)

I need the villages...
Old 11-01-2012, 05:13 AM

Good luck to your daughter! I know this is a stressful time for her (look at my name--I teach high school seniors and because I teach AP Calc, 99.9% of them are college-bound).

Don't make the mistake my husband and I did with our youngest: kind of made her feel that it was her fault we couldn't move to The Villages earlier. We didn't do this intentionally, mind you...but little comments like "...we can't wait for her to graduate and then we are OUT of here..." etc. made her feel bad about something she had no control over.

Stay warm! And sending positive thoughts to your relatives further north...
Old 11-01-2012, 05:54 AM
Sage

I had just the reverse - son went off to college first and had daughter home during difficult high school years without the brother buffer! But then it was another 20+ years before I could move to TV.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:33 AM
Gold member

I am happy I never even heard of TV until last child graduated from college back in 2010!
Old 11-01-2012, 06:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

so how much are you leasing him for
Old 11-01-2012, 07:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Patience grasshopper. Retirement anywhere is not a right, it is a privilege. Enjoy Now.

We waited until our last grandchild was leaving for college to come here full time. We were blessed to have HAD both of them live nearby us for their whole lives.

Thank heavens NOW for Skype and smart phones and dumb ones too.

Waiting sometimes makes the reward sweeter.

There will be homes and probably new ones in four years. ( I heard a rumor that the Morses had bought up land clear over to Disney. )

And people are vacating homes here daily to move to the Village of Heavenly. There will be the perfect place here for you when you get here.

It's all good. Enjoy the WAIT.

Last edited by graciegirl; 11-01-2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:01 AM
Veteran member

CalcTeacher. I noticed you are from Northern Virginia and taught calc. Did you by any chance teach at Thomas Jefferson HS for Science and Technology? If so our son went there way back so you may have taught him.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.