Dogs in the Square and etc.

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2011, 09:20 PM
Default Dogs in the Square and etc.

I have nothing against dogs but I think the square has more people then they can handle,so I wish that people would leave their dogs home.My friend was walking and stepped into dog doing's. please make your dog do their business on your own property and not on others when you walking your dogs...Thank you
Old 03-28-2011, 09:52 PM
Bosoxfan
Default Welcome

I see this is your 3rd post.Welcome & I hope you enjoy being here! I am a dog person & once in a while I do bring my German Shepherd to the square. She is very well behaved & if by chance she did her business i would take care of it immediately. Only responsible people should be allowed to own dogs as they are a big responsibility.Sorry your friend happened upon an owner that is irresponsible. Once again welcome!!
Old 03-28-2011, 09:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephine71 View Post
I have nothing against dogs but I think the square has more people then they can handle,so I wish that people would leave their dogs home.My friend was walking and stepped into dog doing's. please make your dog do their business on your own property and not on others when you walking your dogs...Thank you
Of course people should clean up after their pets, anything else is disgusting!!!

One reason we purchased in TV was that we loved seeing the dogs everywhere! My husband has been working in Canada for the past month. He arrives here Thursday. He just called to ask me "Can we take our two dogs to the Square on Thursday night"? So we'll be there with our little dog "Biggins" and our 70 pound "Lolli Pop"!
Old 03-28-2011, 10:27 PM

I am with you, a lot of people are allergic, they have no place down at the square..
Old 03-28-2011, 10:34 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Gee, I'm allergic to most scents. Does that mean that if you make me sneeze you shouldn't be allowed at the squares? Sorry, it is outdoors. No one says they have to touch the dogs. Personally, I love the dogs at the squares, especially the bull mastiff who is walked with his Yorkie buddy.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-28-2011, 10:34 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

I am allergic to lots of things: pollen, strong perfumes, cigarette smoke, and sometimes the screenprinting on t-shirts, and rarely latex. It would be hard to eliminate things that cause allergies for a lot of people from the squares.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:35 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Gee, I'm allergic to most scents. Does that mean that if you make me sneeze you shouldn't be allowed at the squares? Sorry, it is outdoors. No one says they have to touch the dogs. Personally, I love the dogs at the squares, especially the bull mastiff who is walked with his Yorkie buddy.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:24 AM
Gold member

Old 03-29-2011, 06:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

We kinda love dogs here.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:55 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James
Talking It's a go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
We kinda love dogs here.
Whew! Guess I won't be calling my salesperson to cancel my home order!
Old 03-29-2011, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephine71 View Post

Like everything else, don't blame the dogs blame the owners. Like was said, it's the unresponsible owner that will leave a dropping behind. Same as it's the irresponsible owner that will bring a poorly behaved dog to the square - owner needs to train the dog - the dog does not train the owner.

We are at TV to enjoy ALL parts of what is available, that being friends, mate or pet.

Also, keep in mind some of us pet owners have lost our mate and now our comfort is our pet (who by the way was always there during bad times - who is will be there for you when that time comes).

Just some thoughts but I'm sure I could be wrong...

aj
Old 03-29-2011, 07:47 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdeck View Post
Like everything else, don't blame the dogs blame the owners. Like was said, it's the unresponsible owner that will leave a dropping behind. Same as it's the irresponsible owner that will bring a poorly behaved dog to the square - owner needs to train the dog - the dog does not train the owner.

We are at TV to enjoy ALL parts of what is available, that being friends, mate or pet.

Also, keep in mind some of us pet owners have lost our mate and now our comfort is our pet (who by the way was always there during bad times - who is will be there for you when that time comes).

Just some thoughts but I'm sure I could be wrong...

aj
AJ - you brought up a point that I hadn't thought of. I am sorry for your loss, but glad that you have found comfort in your pet.

The entire dogs at the square stuff has been discussed many times - with usually a comment or two by Fumar, who is so far conspicuously absent.

We generally do not bring Finley in the winter, especially on Market nights or when really popular bands are playing. He is a small doggie and a lot of people and a small doggie could equal a stepped-on paw.

Please don't blame those of us who are responsible pet owners for the behavior of a few. And, while I have many allergies, I fail to see how bringing a dog to the squares would set off an allergic reaction unless someone pet a dog or the dog rubbed against them causing a transfer of dander.

Besides, Finley does not shed - (nor does Barefoot's Lolli Pup). Should they be allowed and not, for example, a collie?
Old 03-29-2011, 07:54 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdeck View Post
Just some thoughts but I'm sure I could be wrong..
aj
You are 100% correct!
Old 03-29-2011, 08:37 AM
Founder

What is the exact difference between a "well behaved" and "not well behaved" dog? What are the guidelines?
Old 03-29-2011, 08:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I think a lot depends on whether you basically like dogs or don't like them.

I love dogs, but I don't like them to jump on me. BUT even if they do, I still like them. I don't like owners who let their dogs pee on my Magnolia bush. The dog is not to blame.

I think there are some people who don't like dogs and are a bit afraid of them. To those people, even if the dog sits quietly by its owner, walks beside them, doesn't bark or do anything you might think a bad dog would do, they still don't like them.

I don't own a dog, but I like them. People are kind to let me pet theirs.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.