Closed Thread
Old 03-30-2011, 03:20 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9-Lovers View Post
Jhooman -- you just put me in a GREAT mood! Thanks
Me too!!!!!
Old 03-30-2011, 03:43 PM

Yes we have no time to waste we have to enjoy our golden years so please leave your dogs home when we are trying to enjoy ourseleves at the square so we don't have to worry about stepping on a dog's paw or moving out of the way because some of us might be afraid of big dogs think about oithers and not of yourselves.. give me a break people did you ever ask your dog if he or she wants to go to the square and dance ..I know that I have no chance of winning with all of you that own dogs this is my chocie to speak out...and I did....Have a great day in the Villages.....
Old 03-30-2011, 04:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephine71 View Post
Yes we have no time to waste we have to enjoy our golden years so please leave your dogs home when we are trying to enjoy ourseleves at the square so we don't have to worry about stepping on a dog's paw or moving out of the way because some of us might be afraid of big dogs think about oithers and not of yourselves.. give me a break people did you ever ask your dog if he or she wants to go to the square and dance ..I know that I have no chance of winning with all of you that own dogs this is my chocie to speak out...and I did....Have a great day in the Villages.....
Thanks for joining in the conversation Josephine71. Most everyone here likes to hear from folks with a variety of opinions. I look forward to reading your posts about other subjects in the future.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,658 Times in 592 Posts

LOL.. 62 posts and going.

I love dogs, love 'em to death. I don't really think the square is a good place for them. Just my opinion.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:39 PM
Veteran member

I am a full time resident and spend several evenings a month at Lake Sumter Landing. Personally, I love seeing the dogs there. I have not seen dog poop anywhere there, have not seen aggressive dogs there, nor have I seen people acting afraid of the dogs.

I did see a little child, though, cause an injury to a lady who was dancing. The child was running unsupervised in the dance area and during a fast dance, the lady had to step back real quickly to avoid stepping on the child, turned real quick and tore her ACL muscle in the leg.

Never seen that with a dog.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:11 PM

A dog can do the same thing......
Old 03-30-2011, 06:21 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
A dog can do the same thing......
Less likely since dogs are required to be on a leash.

Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Yes we have no time to waste we have to enjoy our golden years so please leave your dogs home when we are trying to enjoy ourseleves at the square
Old 03-30-2011, 06:29 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
I am a full time resident and spend several evenings a month at Lake Sumter Landing. Personally, I love seeing the dogs there. I have not seen dog poop anywhere there, have not seen aggressive dogs there, nor have I seen people acting afraid of the dogs.

I did see a little child, though, cause an injury to a lady who was dancing. The child was running unsupervised in the dance area and during a fast dance, the lady had to step back real quickly to avoid stepping on the child, turned real quick and tore her ACL muscle in the leg.

Never seen that with a dog.
I have only been to the squares four times in my short stay at TV and I must say that I too love seeing dogs and petting them if I get a chance. However I'd like to ask a few questions of those who have dogs and like to take them to the squares:
  1. Tbugs: Have you seen another at the squares using a mobility scooter? Just a yes or no will do.
  2. On a scooter, the user needs to backup sometimes and must do so because they are blocked from moving forward. In backing up there is a blind spot area behind them. If the driver of the scooter backs up thinking all's clear and hits and injures a dog, and assuming it's a busy day, is it the scooter operators fault the dog was hit or is it the fault of the dogs owner for bringing the pet into a busy area where the chance of this is greater than when it's not busy?
  3. If the dog reacts to the scooter like they sometimes naturally do with autos and winds up biting my leg sending me into months of pain and suffering, (my legs won't heal anywheres near as quick as it would for most people) is it my fault for wanting to enjoy the square like everyone else, or is it the fault of the dogs owner for either bringing the dog into a crowded area or not having it under proper control?
  4. Should I deny myself the use of the square just because of the above situations I've stated?
Now there is no need for anyone to answer any of these questions if they don't want to. It's not my intention to put anyone on the spot. (pun unintended) It is my intention to again bring these points to peoples attention and for them to think about how there is more to this issue than just ones right to bring their pets on busy days if they chose to.

One more thing... if you do bring your dog to the squares, busy or not, please make sure to take special percautions if you do see me or anybody else in a mobility scooter or a motorized wheel chair. Also don't let your dog approach someone in one of these vehicles until or unless they have somehow shown you it's ok to approach. After all, most of us in this situation do love your sweety-poos (pun intended) and would like a chance to give them the attention they are usually looking for... unless of course it's Fumar setting up a trap.
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 03-30-2011, 06:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Again, very disciplined, Bare. As I'm sure your dogs are, too.

I am learning from your good example.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Old 03-30-2011, 06:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Josephine.

You posted this earlier.

sephine71
Junior Member Join Date: Mar 2011

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like I said before I will never win because there are to many dog lovers I feel they don't belong in the square and this will be my last remark on dogs ....It makes me think that people love dogs more then they love people and thats alright ....I love dogs but I love people more
Old 03-30-2011, 06:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Thanks Skyguy for reminding everyone that some people can be seriously injured by the things others don't even notice.

Those who bring dogs to the squares when they are crowded must also be mindful that many people have very sensitive and thin skin that is easily injured. So a fall, or a playful paw on a leg can turn into a very serious flesh wound.

Again, responsible pet ownership is necessary for everyone to enjoy their visit to the squares.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:44 PM
Sage

I just went on the website "www.freekibble.com" (which I do daily) because answering their daily question means that they donate kibble to humane societies.

The question today was "How many companies in the US allow employees to bring their dogs to work?". And the answer was "One in five US companies let employees bring dogs to work. Studies show that the humans are happier and more productive".

I'm not saying this is true, or that I think it is a good idea. But obviously times are changing!
Old 03-30-2011, 06:45 PM
Default Hmmm...........

Can't wait to move there, sounds like this place is going to the dogs!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.