Dogs in the Square and etc.

Closed Thread
Old 04-01-2011, 08:22 AM

I am sure there are alot of people who agree with me about dogs at the square but they are not on this site or they wish not to say anything...and I really dont care that I wouldn't be missed ....Like I said I love dogs but I wouldn't take them to the square where there were lots of people I am sorry that most of you don't agree with me about this issue but that is your choice..
Old 04-01-2011, 08:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephine71 View Post
I am sure there are alot of people who agree with me about dogs at the square but they are not on this site or they wish not to say anything...and I really dont care that I wouldn't be missed ....Like I said I love dogs but I wouldn't take them to the square where there were lots of people I am sorry that most of you don't agree with me about this issue but that is your choice..
Josephine.

Now that you see how a lot of posters here feel about dogs on the squares,maybe we can find something to post about with you that you enjoy.

What are the five things in The Villages that you like most?

Which village is your favorite and why?

What do you look forward doing here in The Villages?

Do you enjoy Bingo or cards, or do you like golf?

I see you posted about your high school in Brooklyn.

What part of high school did you like best?

What decade did you graduate? We love going back and remembering things here.

Gracie. Class of '57
Cheerleader emeritus.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:31 AM
Veteran member

"Like I said before I will never win because there are to many dog lovers I feel they don't belong in the square and this will be my last remark on dogs .... It makes me think that people love dogs more then they love people and thats alright ....I love dogs but I love people more...."

Once again...your words.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:45 AM
Platinum member
Default Thanks, Gracie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Josephine.

Now that you see how a lot of posters here feel about dogs on the squares,maybe we can find something to post about with you that you enjoy.

What are the five things in The Villages that you like most?

Which village is your favorite and why?

What do you look forward doing here in The Villages?

Do you enjoy Bingo or cards, or do you like golf?

I see you posted about your high school in Brooklyn.

What part of high school did you like best?

What decade did you graduate? We love going back and remembering things here.

Gracie. Class of '57
Cheerleader emeritus.
That's the spirit!
Old 04-01-2011, 08:55 AM

Ok, I wasn't going to post either, but I am one of those dog lovers that take my dog with me (maybe not everywhere) When the square is overly crowded I don't take him or we just walk on the outer perimeter of the square. I don't take him when it's too hot. He is a little yorkie so I can also carry him. He is 10 1/2 years old, and he has been going with me since the day I got him. He has traveled coast to coast, probably flown and stayed in more hotels than most humans. He is truly a part of our family, and when I'm working or out he sits in the window and watches for my return.
But just like with most other issues, everyone will never agree. I personally love seeing the dogs at the square, but most of the places I have lived have all been pet friendly communities. I do understand some of the concerns, but just because I don't enjoy something or disagree with something, it is not going to prevent me from going out and enjoying life.
I really don't think dogs will be banned from the square, I work in the sales center and people bring their dogs in there all the time. We have dog treats in all the drawers to share with our little furry friends.
Oh, and yes I did take my kids with me and now my grandkids!
Old 04-01-2011, 09:37 AM
Dancing Thyme

Some very good posts here and some very "snarky"....
No one LOVES their dogs more than I.... when I'm with them, I give them top quality time and they are spoiled rotten. But I happen to agree, I don't really like dogs at the squares ESPECIALLY when the square is very crowded and some people choose to bring them on leashes... There have been a few times where I have almost fallen on my ARSE.... because some human had their dog on a very long leash and was about 5 or 6 feet away from where they were standing. I literally became unglued with the owner when I realized what I was tripping over. This is extremely dangerous and unfortunately, some owners are absurd. There are others, however, that bring their dogs on leashes and in carts, and I love chatting with them and petting them (after I ascertain that they won't bite, of course)....

I believe there is a time and place for our wonderful animals and I wouldn't ever bring the 2 brats to the square because I know that I wouldn't have them under control (nor do I bring them to the doggie park for the same reason.)

This is just my humble opinion.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 04-01-2011, 09:55 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James
Smile Have a nice day!

Have a nice day, Josephine. Enjoy your warmth and sunshine. It's snowing here in Western New York.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:06 AM

Thank you for your reply , thats is all that I am trying to tell dog lovers I don't mean any harm to them they are sweet animals and they do give you love...So please don't attack me for expressing my thoughts on dogs at the square...I wish you all a good day....
Old 04-01-2011, 10:07 AM
Sage

Bill
Old 04-01-2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Thank you for your reply , thats is all that I am trying to tell dog lovers I don't mean any harm to them they are sweet animals and they do give you love...So please don't attack me for expressing my thoughts on dogs at the square...I wish you all a good day....
Emotions do run high sometimes, especially when it comes to our pets. Inconsiderate owners are as frustrating as golfers who don't repair their ball marks on greens or rake the sand bunkers, but that's another topic!

The times we are down, there appears to be a lot of locals (non-Villagers) with dogs. I wonder if they may be more the problem of being inconsiderate, especially young owners. IMO, with the life experiences we "Villages-age-group" have, we tend to understand more the need to be considerate of not just our pets, but our fellow man as well. To me that is what makes TV "Florida's Friendliest Hometown". Everytime I hear the jingle when I go to TV website, it soothes me like a "bourbon and branch water", and makes my wife and I want to be there as soon as we can!!

I guess it is was my upbringing, but I'm a "hugger" as I feel it expresses my respect and feelings to my friends better than a hand shake. So to Josephine I send a b-i-g HUG for expressing your feelings on this topic. And, don't you dare stop visiting TOTV.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:16 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post

Bill
Bill, you must have quite of a supply of pop corn in your home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I have printed this, folded it, and put it in my main cookbook. That is where I tuck in things that are important to me.

I know my children will cherish my cookbook.
Gracie, Gracie, Gracie! Are you subtly suggesting that you think those lovable little puppy dogs look so cute that you could just eat them up?

Quote:
I think some of you need to get a life...You are going to far...I bet some of you didn't take your children with you where ever you went you found baby sitters to take care of them so you could go and have a good time.
Josephine, first I think you have a lovely name. My mothers name was also Josephine.

Now, let me say that I think similarly as you do about pets being brought to the squares, mostly when it's busy or crowded. If you've read all my posts you'd know that. However, do you really think it's necessary to tell people to get a life? I'm sure they all have a happy life. (or at least hope they do) How can you not living in TV? After all, they are just expressing their personal opinions and that's not any different that what you've stated you're doing in another of your posts.

I'm not you, but if I were, I would just apologize for that comment, enjoy the forum and what it has to offer, then simply move on, live... and let live!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 04-01-2011, 11:21 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
Bill, you must have quite of a supply of pop corn in your home! .........
Got some more poppin' right now!

Bill
Old 04-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbama View Post
I guess it is was my upbringing, but I'm a "hugger" as I feel it expresses my respect and feelings to my friends better than a hand shake. So to Josephine I send a b-i-g HUG for expressing your feelings on this topic. And, don't you dare stop visiting TOTV.
Ooh.... Graciegirls is just gonna Loooooove you! The Villages Florida <<< Graciegirl (not me) and you!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 04-01-2011, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
Ooh.... Graciegirls is just gonna Loooooove you! <<< Graciegirl (not me) and you!
Well, that's okay with me. As a matter of fact she and I have just became "officially" friends. As you can imagine. . . !!!!!!!!!!!!! My first friend on TOTV!!
Old 04-01-2011, 04:06 PM

Thank you....
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.