Cable/Satellite Bundles South of 466A

Closed Thread
Old 07-27-2012, 10:26 PM
Default Cable/Satellite Bundles South of 466A

We have our design consult in early September and hope to be outfitting our home in TV for rental this winter. We're really looking forward to the time we can move into our home once we retire from our current jobs (in OKLAHOMA!).
We've been trying to research which Bundle Packages for Phone, HDTV and Wireless Internet are available South of 466A. We want to know:
1. Is a home phone really necessary? With everyone owning a cell phone nowadays, please advise your thoughts.
2. When we contacted Century Link and AT&T, they said service isn't available in the 32163 zip code, yet I've read some comments in the forum about them. Brighthouse and Comcast seem much higher priced than we expected. Any advice? What other options are available?
Any suggestions will be appreciated! We are soooo excited to meet with our design team and hope to meet some of our potential new neighbors in September! We'll be in the Village of Gilchrist.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:55 PM

We went with Brighthouse, internet (20 mbp vs 10 mbp from others) and cable; as you said with cell phones who needs a house phone) $102 per month without premium channels. we don't plan on being home enough to warrant the cost. Their customer service is unbelievable 24/7, they have been excellent to work with. We did not want Comcast due to customer service issues in other states and that we have heard of here.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

use brighthouse we have to have comcast and its the worst ever
Old 07-28-2012, 09:58 PM

comcast is fine as long as you NEVER have to contact or even worst go to them. A very very very long line. They have one small office and ONE person for all the villages.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:48 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcurry33 View Post
We have our design consult in early September and hope to be outfitting our home in TV for rental this winter. We're really looking forward to the time we can move into our home once we retire from our current jobs (in OKLAHOMA!).
We've been trying to research which Bundle Packages for Phone, HDTV and Wireless Internet are available South of 466A. We want to know:
1. Is a home phone really necessary? With everyone owning a cell phone nowadays, please advise your thoughts.
2. When we contacted Century Link and AT&T, they said service isn't available in the 32163 zip code, yet I've read some comments in the forum about them. Brighthouse and Comcast seem much higher priced than we expected. Any advice? What other options are available?
Any suggestions will be appreciated! We are soooo excited to meet with our design team and hope to meet some of our potential new neighbors in September! We'll be in the Village of Gilchrist.

When I was considering renting my new home on the short-term rental program, I was told that I would have to put in a landline phone for emergencies. I thought with everyone having cell phones I wouldn't need to put one in but, it was not an option!
Old 07-29-2012, 07:14 AM
Veteran member
Default triple play

Brighthouse, Century Link and Comcast are south of CR466A. I think I would use an antenna and "cans & strings" before I would use Comcast. I had them up north and in a rental in TV. When we were looking in Jan for a triple play package, Brighthouse had the best deal. Century Link was about 30% more and not that friendly. Brighthouse has been great so far. They do not require a 1 or 2 year contract. Installation was the best. They added a phone jack in a room and replaced a defective phone jack from the builder, all at no cost. We had a Century Link sales person knock on our door last week with new pricing but, when I started asking question about different services she could not answer. Still think Brighthouse is the way to go. Paul Muniz is the contact person: (407) 504 2580.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:51 PM
Default Village of Gilchrist

Can't wait to meet you. We broke ground in Gilchrist on July 24 and expect to be finished by Sept 27th. We are renting in TV so we get to see the house go up. We know we will have loads of great neighbors.

Janice
Old 08-09-2012, 01:35 PM
Default Thank you all!

To all those that replied about the Bundle packages available S of 466A, we thank you! Looks like Brighthouse will win out. We sent a message to Paul and hope to hear from him soon. We will come for our design meeting on September 1st and hope to meet some our new neighbors. Can anyone tell us if there is a social either in Gilchrist or Fernandina on Saturday, September 1 or any night through September 4th that we could join? We look forward to it!!
Old 08-09-2012, 06:16 PM

Glad to hear about your upcoming design meeting - you will find that everything will go so smoothly. We had our meeting in July and will close on our home on September 19th.
We will be on Ridgewood Path in Fernandina.

Just relax and enjoy the process!!!!
Gary & Marlene
Old 08-09-2012, 08:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsned View Post
comcast is fine as long as you NEVER have to contact or even worst go to them. A very very very long line. They have one small office and ONE person for all the villages.
is what i think of everytime i have to call comcast
Old 08-09-2012, 09:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
is what i think of everytime i have to call comcast
I have to (almost) chuckle when I read this about Comcast. Up north I have had them for 11+ years now, and sometimes I feel the same way so many people in TV do about Comcast. But so far I'm too lazy/not mad enough to change.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:43 AM

We just closed in Fernandina's Bokeelia Villas the end of August. Triple play was not available yet south of 466A but licensing was expected soon. If renting I understand they want a land line because european travelers cell service will not work in our area. We had Comcast installed and had no problems so far. Since there's no contract it will be easy enough to switch if things go bad.

Howie & Mary Ann
Bokeelia Villas
Old 09-07-2012, 02:36 PM

Welcome, we are in Sanibel just down the road, we used Brighthouse. We have been Brighthouse customers for over 5 years (we had it in the home we owned before this one)
I had tons of issues with Comcast to even get a price on new service. When I found out I could have Brighthouse here I couldn't have been happier. They truly give great customer service!

Denise Valdinocci
Old 09-24-2012, 01:52 PM

Thanks to this discussion, we have Brighthouse coming Wednesday. We went with the bundle since hubby is still working and needs Internet and phone for his home office. We've had an awful time we Comcast reneging on their agreements and their customer service is terrible. We'll be in our new Sanibel home tomorrow night. Can't hardly wait!
Old 09-24-2012, 03:00 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikergal55 View Post
Thanks to this discussion, we have Brighthouse coming Wednesday. We went with the bundle since hubby is still working and needs Internet and phone for his home office. We've had an awful time we Comcast reneging on their agreements and their customer service is terrible. We'll be in our new Sanibel home tomorrow night. Can't hardly wait!
What is the price of Brighthouse?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.