Dreaming about TV

Closed Thread
Old 12-01-2018, 05:12 PM
Default Dreaming about TV

We have just recently learned of this great community and we have joined the group and hope to retire there sooner than later.
Old 12-01-2018, 05:58 PM
Platinum member

Welcome! This is a great group to answer any questions you may have. It also helps to foster a sense of community even before you move here.

We have been here for 2.5 years and absolutely love it.
Old 12-01-2018, 06:07 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,753 Times in 3,629 Posts

TV is an amazing place.

ToTV is a good place for info like BK said.

As with any place...........ToTV does have a few posters who have a mission to complain, trash TV and just have sad lives in general.

Like all websites..............don't believe everything you read and watch out for trolls.

Welcome.
Old 12-01-2018, 06:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Welcome!

You will learn a lot about this very special, one-of-a-kind place called 'The Villages'... from being members here on TOTV.

After renting and then owning for about 9 years now, I've learned to tune out and ignore both extremes, that being the "this place sucks" and the "it's perfect in every way and can't be improved" crowds.

Just like anywhere else though, you'll have both good/nice and not-so-good/mean & snarky, folks...weighing in with their opinions.

Only you will be able to make the determination if it's right for you, but I know that there is no place on this earth (warts and all)...I would rather live.

Count me as a 'FROG' (here until I croak).

Good luck in your journey and discoveries.
Old 12-01-2018, 06:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnShanie View Post
We have just recently learned of this great community and we have joined the group and hope to retire there sooner than later.
Have you been here yet?

How did you learn of The Villages?

I've been wondering if TV is still advertising regularly...like they used to do.
Old 12-01-2018, 06:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,118 Times in 2,237 Posts

Sooner is much better than later.
Old 12-01-2018, 07:41 PM

Thanks for the feedback. That’s what I was hoping for. I heard about TV from a work friend who has several friends that currently live there. I figured we would join the ToTV group. Rent a place soon and then possibly make arrangements to purchase if the rent and recon goes well.
Old 12-01-2018, 10:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnShanie View Post
Thanks for the feedback. That’s what I was hoping for. I heard about TV from a work friend who has several friends that currently live there. I figured we would join the ToTV group. Rent a place soon and then possibly make arrangements to purchase if the rent and recon goes well.
Good luck. We have lived here since June of 2005 and I am always so happy to return here from visiting wherever. The Villages is a great port in a very unstable sea. And I only go to the DC area and/or the Gulf Coast of FL. So far, anyway.
Old 12-01-2018, 11:23 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

We have been down a number of times visiting friends, love it there and as soon as we have our down payment we will be buying. Can’t wait, hoping it is sooner than later.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Welcome to a whole new chapter in your life.

Do not listen to the naysayers and the ones who scream damnation about the Developers everytime a new building or improvement is made.

After all, it was the Developers who built this beautiful place for them to come to.
Old 12-06-2018, 11:42 AM
Platinum member

We only wish we had moved here sooner. Ten years and every day wake up happy. The Villages is a wonderful place to live.
Old 12-06-2018, 12:02 PM

Shawn,

I have been "lurking here" for the past year. What others say is correct: 1 ) Lots of helpful advice here 2) Lots of friendly people willing to share their thoughts and insights 3) If you run across someone telling you something that doesn't seem quite right - check with others before believing it yourself

Like you, we are also planning to move at some point, just not sure when....
Old 12-06-2018, 02:37 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

I joined TOTV in December 2009 after looking at the Villages website and the homes for sale. (wish I had bought a couple dozen then!) I had first heard of it through ads on Golf Channel, and it intrigued me, as I had retired a year before and was looking for a winter getaway. We booked our LSP for April 2010, and by reading and posting on TOTV I was very prepared by the time we came. I say prepared, though nothing can quite adequately prepare one for the beauty, scope, infrastructure, and activity available here. We had been to South Padre Island for a couple winter getaways, but once we experienced TV we were hooked for life. As many have said accurately, TOTV is THE best place to learn about this slice of paradise.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:34 AM
Gold member

My wife and I bought the same day we took a tour with a real estate agent. We had been looking for 18 months and finally found the right place for us. and bought soon after the tour.. never regretted our decision. Great place nice (and helpful) people some of which we call good friends. Full-timer or snow bird doesn't matter to us.
Old 12-12-2018, 08:54 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,105 Times in 1,338 Posts

One thing is for sure you will never be bored and you will sleep well every night! Come enjoy!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
hope, group, sooner, joined, retire

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.