drone club ? or place to fly?

Closed Thread
Old 01-22-2018, 10:36 AM
Default drone club ? or place to fly?

is there a drone club in the villages I am looking to find out where they fly if there’s a place close to fly? thank you for sharing any knowledge
Old 01-22-2018, 11:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 820 Posts

They fly RC airplanes in the mornings at the polo field. They will know the answer to your question.
Old 01-22-2018, 03:23 PM

Go to handsontech.org. Drone meeting this Thursday.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:38 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts

There are only a few restrictions imposed by the FAA and none locally yet. The big ones to watch out for are 1) within 5 miles of an air port, 2) not directly over people not involved (i.e. town squares), and 3) the made up rules that people will come up with. Go to the FAA's web site for the facts on what's allowed and not allowed for 1 & 2, for 3 all I can say is best of luck.

The lakes, wetlands, and open areas around The Villages offer some incredible views and lots of flight areas, there are lots of YouTube videos already posted by a lot of people already flying.

Last month's handsontech.org drone meeting material is posted on their web site and goes over most of the answers you're looking for.

The big thing is common sense and curtesy.
Old 01-23-2018, 10:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

If it were me, I would go up to the Villages High School and if the teams are practicing, let it go up over the baseball and football fields and practice getting some camera angles of the stands and grounds. If you lose it, it shouldn't be a problem unless you go out onto 466. Also, there is a big park on Powell Rd. in Wildwood. Take 466A west toward Wildwood, go past the new Lowes and turn left at the light in front of Walgreens, that's Powell Rd. Go down about a 1/2 mile and the park is on the right. I've only seen one sign there and it said, no golf practicing.
Closed Thread

Tags
fly, drone, club, place, close

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.