Dryer Vent cleaning

Closed Thread
Old 05-06-2011, 11:19 AM
Thumbs up Dryer Vent cleaning

Just had my dryer vent cleaned by Desmond Harris of Covenant Janitorial. He is a very nice and knowledgeable man. My vents had not been cleaned in 9 years. Mr Harris advised me that because of this my dryer was not operating effeciently and the built up lint was a fire hazard. He replaced the dryer hose, removed lint from the dryer itself and went up on the roof to remove built up lint from the exhaust area. For $65 I now have peace of mind that I am not using more electricity than necessary to dry my clothes and the potential for fire has been eliminated. I highly recommend him. His number is 308-7457.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucinda View Post
Just had my dryer vent cleaned by Desmond Harris of Covenant Janitorial. He is a very nice and knowledgeable man. My vents had not been cleaned in 9 years. Mr Harris advised me that because of this my dryer was not operating effeciently and the built up lint was a fire hazard. He replaced the dryer hose, removed lint from the dryer itself and went up on the roof to remove built up lint from the exhaust area. For $65 I now have peace of mind that I am not using more electricity than necessary to dry my clothes and the potential for fire has been eliminated. I highly recommend him. His number is 308-7457.
Lucinda:

to TOTV. I see this is your first post.

Although I am still in CT, a couple of years ago, my dryer vent was blocked and it keep blowing fuses in my dryer. It was expensive. I finally had someone come out and he had to make another vent hole in my unit to go directly out of the building as it previously was a long run, (more expensive). Since then, no problems as I was concerned of the possibilty of a fire hazard.

Now I have peace of mind that it will work for a long time.

Thank you for the information.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:56 PM
Sage

I had my dryer vent cleaned for the first time about 4 years ago in my townhouse here in Illinois that I bought in 1998. I saw some birds flying in and out of the dryer vent opening above my garage about 4 years ago. Seems like they made a nest in there. Now I get my dryer vent cleaned about every 2 yrs. Costs about $90, but it's peace of mind for me -- don't want a fire in the dryer vent caused by lint accumulating or a bird's nest blocking the vent. The service person built a screen over my vent so no more birds can get in to the vent and build a nest.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:40 PM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee

Cleaning the dryer vent is a priority for us. Many years ago we had a fire in the dryer itself.

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages
Old 02-23-2012, 10:50 AM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

The number above is no longer the right number to call for an appointment. Desmond Harris has gotten busy enough that he employs an appointment receptionist.

For an appointment, the new number is 352-308-9243

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.