Empire plan /United healthcare -nyship

Closed Thread
Old 10-11-2021, 01:32 PM
Default Empire plan /United healthcare -nyship

Hello all,my wife and i are from New York and have empire plan / United health care ins ,my question is how many of you have that in’s and is it Widely excepted in the villages and in Florida thanks In advance .Cathy and Scott future village of Richmond
Old 10-11-2021, 04:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

IMHO, you might want to contact your insurance provider, give them your new zip code and see what providers they have in the area, this would at least give you a starting point. If you can have alternatives, we have AARP United Health Care and it works well for us.
Also, if you plan on using the villages health system this will NOT be accepted as they only accept 4 ADVANTAGE plans.
Florida health care can be very confusing I suggest that you contact SHINE SHINE - Home for unbiased information. They have meetings in the villages, but if you go to the website they have phone numbers so you can get info before you get here.
Old 10-11-2021, 04:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
IMHO, you might want to contact your insurance provider, give them your new zip code and see what providers they have in the area, this would at least give you a starting point. If you can have alternatives, we have AARP United Health Care and it works well for us.
Also, if you plan on using the villages health system this will NOT be accepted as they only accept 4 ADVANTAGE plans.
Florida health care can be very confusing I suggest that you contact SHINE SHINE - Home for unbiased information. They have meetings in the villages, but if you go to the website they have phone numbers so you can get info before you get here.
Great advice that the OP should heed. The insurance landscape here changes by the hour
Old 10-11-2021, 06:38 PM

you just from ny or did you work for the city
Old 10-11-2021, 08:12 PM

Thank you
Old 10-11-2021, 08:13 PM

From Long Island ny
Old 10-12-2021, 06:16 PM

I am interested too. When I retire soon I will get the Empire plan paid for by my employer for life so not interested in switching or any advantage plan. Want to hear from other empire plan members who have used doctors around the villages and their experiences.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Old 10-12-2021, 09:24 PM

You can call and ask for a ‘participating provider book for FL, Never had a problem finding participating drs or hospitals, just a problem finding good providers in the area. Don’t be reluctant to travel to Mayo in Jacksonville or Moffit in Tampa or Gainesville, they all participate. We also wouldn’t hesitate to return to NY for elective surgery.
Closed Thread

Tags
empire, plan, wife, villages, in’s

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.