ETA April 2020

Closed Thread
Old 12-05-2019, 09:22 PM
Default ETA April 2020

Hello everyone.

I expect to move to the Villages in April providing my business sells as planned. Having visited several other 55 and over communities in Florida and Arizona as well as The Villages twice it stands head and shoulders above the rest for my needs and desires. I even have a picture in my mind of the house I want there. Of course I will rent for a while and bring myself up to date on the new areas prior to committing to a purchase.

As I have followed TOTV for some time many questions I have had have been answered in helpful posts. Thank you for those.
Old 12-06-2019, 08:34 AM
Sage

The best is yet to come!
Old 12-06-2019, 08:49 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,753 Times in 3,629 Posts

Crossing off the days!!!!!

Enjoy scouting around..............enjoy the journey!!
Old 12-06-2019, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Crossing off the days!!!!!

Enjoy scouting around..............enjoy the journey!!
Yes, I have started the countdown!
Old 12-06-2019, 10:02 PM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY
Default designer in buttonwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Bretired View Post
Hello everyone.

I expect to move to the Villages in April providing my business sells as planned. Having visited several other 55 and over communities in Florida and Arizona as well as The Villages twice it stands head and shoulders above the rest for my needs and desires. I even have a picture in my mind of the house I want there. Of course I will rent for a while and bring myself up to date on the new areas prior to committing to a purchase.

As I have followed TOTV for some time many questions I have had have been answered in helpful posts. Thank you for those.
My designer in Buttonwood becomes available April 1 2020 .. PM me if I can be of any help
Old 12-16-2019, 07:48 AM

I have a rental available from May 1st 2020 through Dec 2020.
You can view and see pricing on VillagersHomes4Rent.com property # 5160
I have special pricing for 8 month lease but will also consider a 3 month lease at lower pricing.
Feel free to contact me at jricciuto@rochester.rr.com or text 585 694 3279

Jean Ricciuto
Old 12-20-2019, 12:14 PM
Default Future Villagers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Bretired View Post
Hello everyone.

New to TOTV, Lifestyle Visit last October. Putting CA home up for sale, hope to be a Villager in June!
Old 01-09-2020, 09:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,900 Times in 914 Posts

our rental is available starting in april for as long as you need it. our rental is in marsh bend and a begonia with the home completely furnished and internet wired for speed with no passwords and streaming TV and wireless for your phone. PM us for information
Old 01-10-2020, 07:03 PM

Although the intent of my original post was only to tell the TOTV world that I am looking forward to moving to The Villages which is the most desirable retirement community I discovered it seems to have drawn the interest of landlords seeking to rent their properties. That being the case I thought it might be beneficial to post what in general I would be looking to rent.

I like the Lantana designer the best as I find its size and layout ideal. I am only interested in renting one on a golf course or waterfront, if on a golf course one without a cart path directly behind it. I want to be close to but south of Sumter Landing. The same parameters apply to a home I might purchase plus I want natural gas for my kitchen and furnace.
Old 01-12-2020, 09:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,900 Times in 914 Posts
Default Friendly "Landlords" are just friendly neighbors looking to help out

Just a thought to consider, and a couple just went through a similar analysis, initial plan: rent and look for a perfect property and pounce. multi year sales research: houses north of 44 are few and far between with the ideal design and options. current plan, work with a sales rep to find a new build in process with the design and lot they want, and influence the interior mid way through the construction, and get what you want.

Just trying to keep an open mind, as there are many approaches to finding your first villages starter house.

We bought what we consider a perfect starter lot and built a designer with an impulse purchase the first week we were there, when there were only 10 houses built on demarco drive. We are renting only until we can move down.

sports guy
Old 01-14-2020, 08:43 AM

Sale of business is looking good. Closing in March! Yay!!! Yippee!!!

I just discovered the Virginia Trace website which list several Villages home rental sites. It may be time to start seriously looking for a rental house.
Old 03-30-2020, 03:28 PM

Now there is a fly in the ointment, COVID-19. I was so ready to move but now must await May if not June to move. Business sold so I am sitting on my hands. I can hardly wait to move to The Villages but wait I must.
Old 03-30-2020, 03:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
Just a thought to consider, and a couple just went through a similar analysis, initial plan: rent and look for a perfect property and pounce. multi year sales research: houses north of 44 are few and far between with the ideal design and options. current plan, work with a sales rep to find a new build in process with the design and lot they want, and influence the interior mid way through the construction, and get what you want.

Just trying to keep an open mind, as there are many approaches to finding your first villages starter house.

We bought what we consider a perfect starter lot and built a designer with an impulse purchase the first week we were there, when there were only 10 houses built on demarco drive. We are renting only until we can move down.

sports guy
The only problem with the above recommendation is that the OP wants to live on a golf course. If the desire is to live on a Championship golf course, the OP should stick with the original plan.
Old 03-30-2020, 04:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I see you're from Towson! I have seen every Ravens Game either in person or on TV. Moved from Abingdon to TV in 2011.

The Villages Florida
Old 03-30-2020, 04:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Didn’t the governor say no new rentals for 14 days

Tags
villages, april, bring, date, eta

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.