ETA April 2020

Closed Thread
Old 03-30-2020, 04:59 PM

That is fantastic, John W.

Although I love the Ravens I must admit I was a huge Colts fan back in the Johnny U. Days!
Old 03-30-2020, 05:06 PM
Veteran member

Should be many,many rentals.now and next year
Old 03-30-2020, 09:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Bretired View Post
That is fantastic, John W.

Although I love the Ravens I must admit I was a huge Colts fan back in the Johnny U. Days!
I got both Johnny U and Raymond Berry's autograph and a few others, Bubba Smith, Jimmy Orr (28) my favorite, Rick Volk (21), Lenny Lyles, Don Shinnick, from a trip to camp in Westminister about '67. I remember it was '67 because Bubba was a rookie and Gino Marchetti had just retired, but he showed up in a suit driving an Eldorado convertible out onto the field and took off his coat and started giving Bubba Lessons. Got Gino's autograph too.

I've also got most of the Orioles starters autographed photos from '66 team that sweep the Dodgers in the WS. My parents left Perry Hall when I was 9 and I actually grew up in St. Petersburg and my cousin mailed me the photos from Baltimore and when the O's were in town for spring training, I ran into Louie Aparcio outside the bus and he took the photos onboard and got them all signed. Now, I sort of Rays fan unless Angelos ever sells the O's, I live in reality. I'm sure you've got many stories from back in the day, but the Colts are no longer I'am a Ravens fan from opening day 1996 at Memorial Stadium I was there.
Old 03-30-2020, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Bretired View Post
Although the intent of my original post was only to tell the TOTV world that I am looking forward to moving to The Villages which is the most desirable retirement community I discovered it seems to have drawn the interest of landlords seeking to rent their properties. That being the case I thought it might be beneficial to post what in general I would be looking to rent.

I like the Lantana designer the best as I find its size and layout ideal. I am only interested in renting one on a golf course or waterfront, if on a golf course one without a cart path directly behind it. I want to be close to but south of Sumter Landing. The same parameters apply to a home I might purchase plus I want natural gas for my kitchen and furnace.
You need to run out and buy a lotto ticket...look what just listed! It is like SERIOUSLY EVERYTHING you were requesting!!!!!! 2433 Buttonwood Run, THE VILLAGES, FL 32162 | MLS# G5027949 | Redfin
Old 03-30-2020, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koapaka View Post
You need to run out and buy a lotto ticket...look what just listed! It is like SERIOUSLY EVERYTHING you were requesting!!!!!! 2433 Buttonwood Run, THE VILLAGES, FL 32162 | MLS# G5027949 | Redfin
That one is really nice. Thank you.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I live in Tamarind Grove which is next to Buttonwood. I spend a lot of time at Brownwood since I go to MVP Gym quite often, and I like seeing the bands there because of the seating. I also like Lake Sumter (LSL) just because of the way it's laid out and their movie theater best. I think Tamarind Grove, St. James, Duval, St. Charles and Gilchrist are the best locations for being halfway between these two squares. These are my first choices, I'm also a golfer and can reach 7 championship courses in my golf cart within 20 minutes.

Buttonwood would be about as close as you can get if you cannot find something in one of those villages. The only negative to Buttonwood is there are about 1200 homes in that village and there really is only one way in and out, Buttonwood Run. The cars can backup quite often trying to get out of there since St. Charles has become so busy. I live on the other side of St. Charles near Sterling Hgts Rec Ctr., we've only got 80 designer homes and 80 villas in our immediate vicinity, much easier to get in and out.

Find what interest you. Living in Towson, you're probably use to having everything right at your fingertips. You might consider Virginia Trace where you can almost walk to LSL or Collier where you do the same to Brownwood. Get a $5 map, every sales office has them and study it. When you see a rental, map it out and see what's near. Maybe you like to see high high school football games, check out Tall Trees near the Villages High School, we usually have a good team. Maybe you'll be into softball, I played 5 seasons when I first arrived. The men's games are mostly played at Buffalo Glen by the high school or Saddlebrook by the polo fields. Even when I played it was only 20 minutes by car to get to those places. There are so many possibilities. If you have any questions, sent me a message.

The home listed above in Buttonwood, on a golf course those lots were $135K premium when the home sold new, probably in 2010. So on a normal lot a similar home would be about $400K. Consider do you want a golf course in your backyard, or for that price, a birdcage swimming pool you can use everyday and the cost would be less since it was probably a $75K investment initially.
Old 03-31-2020, 10:52 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koapaka View Post
Hi Hope. I'm not in the market to buy, but I was just wondering how values are holding up in the Villages. Are sales and prices stable? I have hi hopes!
Old 03-31-2020, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I live in Tamarind Grove which is next to Buttonwood. I spend a lot of time at Brownwood since I go to MVP Gym quite often, and I like seeing the bands there because of the seating. I also like Lake Sumter (LSL) just because of the way it's laid out and their movie theater best. I think Tamarind Grove, St. James, Duval, St. Charles and Gilchrist are the best locations for being halfway between these two squares. These are my first choices, I'm also a golfer and can reach 7 championship courses in my golf cart within 20 minutes.

Buttonwood would be about as close as you can get if you cannot find something in one of those villages. The only negative to Buttonwood is there are about 1200 homes in that village and there really is only one way in and out, Buttonwood Run. The cars can backup quite often trying to get out of there since St. Charles has become so busy. I live on the other side of St. Charles near Sterling Hgts Rec Ctr., we've only got 80 designer homes and 80 villas in our immediate vicinity, much easier to get in and out.

Find what interest you. Living in Towson, you're probably use to having everything right at your fingertips. You might consider Virginia Trace where you can almost walk to LSL or Collier where you do the same to Brownwood. Get a $5 map, every sales office has them and study it. When you see a rental, map it out and see what's near. Maybe you like to see high high school football games, check out Tall Trees near the Villages High School, we usually have a good team. Maybe you'll be into softball, I played 5 seasons when I first arrived. The men's games are mostly played at Buffalo Glen by the high school or Saddlebrook by the polo fields. Even when I played it was only 20 minutes by car to get to those places. There are so many possibilities. If you have any questions, sent me a message.

The home listed above in Buttonwood, on a golf course those lots were $135K premium when the home sold new, probably in 2010. So on a normal lot a similar home would be about $400K. Consider do you want a golf course in your backyard, or for that price, a birdcage swimming pool you can use everyday and the cost would be less since it was probably a $75K investment initially.
Thank you for taking the time to provide all this information, John W.. Virginia Trace looks to be centrally located which is my preference, at least for an initial home to rent.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, april, bring, date, eta

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.