Lot costs

Closed Thread
Old 08-01-2011, 08:41 AM
Default Lot costs

I am curious as to how much the average lot will cost. I am assuming you "own" the lot. Are lot costs different in each village even though they are the same size? I know that the lots "with a view" are going to cost more. My husband thinks he needs a view and I would like to know what to expect when we come for our "Preview" on October 12. Thanks in advance. You all are so helpful !
Old 08-01-2011, 09:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Some lots cost nothing...well not nothing, but they add no price to the base price that TV is asking. Those are usually "interior" lots that have another home behind them. All other lots have a premium. This IS based on the view and the size of the lot. The APPROXIMATE starting home prices are on the TV site, but I don't know what that home has in it or with it. I know that things like blinds and washers and dryers are extra. I know all kitchen appliances come with, but upgrades add to the cost. Many homes can be made a little bigger, but working with the TV folks is not the same experience that many of us have had working with a builder before. They have just so many choices and that is IT.

You also much stay within their color package. There are two kinds of carpet, shag and plush and they are BOTH beige and they are both builder quality. EVEN in the Premier homes, there is the same limited choices for the most part.

It is strange, and limiting, but overall very successful for them and for us.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Lot price

We need a very specific lot because of our dogs. We don't want anyone behind us but can not be on a golf course. The lots are agent has found us have a premium of 51,000.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Lot

I forgot to add that we plan to build a stretched Bridgeport with a golf cart garage which meant a fairly large lot.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:49 AM
Veteran member
Default TV home options

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Some lots cost nothing...well not nothing, but they add no price to the base price that TV is asking. Those are usually "interior" lots that have another home behind them. All other lots have a premium. This IS based on the view and the size of the lot. The APPROXIMATE starting home prices are on the TV site, but I don't know what that home has in it or with it. I know that things like blinds and washers and dryers are extra. I know all kitchen appliances come with, but upgrades add to the cost. Many homes can be made a little bigger, but working with the TV folks is not the same experience that many of us have had working with a builder before. They have just so many choices and that is IT.

You also much stay within their color package. There are two kinds of carpet, shag and plush and they are BOTH beige and they are both builder quality. EVEN in the Premier homes, there is the same limited choices for the most part.

It is strange, and limiting, but overall very successful for them and for us.
I know GG you are building your dream home but I have a few questions
I just watched a TV video stating how many choices you now have building your Designer home ( Wouldn't premiers have the same options?):

Choice of Whirlpool and Kitchen aid appliances.
Different types of carpet. Even engineered laminate flooring.
Even choices for the type of pulls on your kitchen cabinets.

There are others including all the stretches and the pretty cool outside kitchens but these are not new...
Old 08-01-2011, 09:53 AM
Sage

I don't know the cost of individual lots, we bought when one bought what was available with no options. We have a lot with no one behind us and in 2006, we had a $55,000 lot premium. Some lots on the golf course could have premiums of well over $100,000 and possibly very close to $200,000. Even lots that have houses behind them, but back of house faces yard between two houses behind them, have a small premium. Sorry that you can't get a black and white answer, but lot premiums depend on location, size, what they back to, if they're on a corner, etc.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by aljetmet View Post
I know GG you are building your dream home but I have a few questions
I just watched a TV video stating how many choices you now have building your Designer home ( Wouldn't premiers have the same options?):

Choice of Whirlpool and Kitchen aid appliances.
Different types of carpet. Even engineered laminate flooring.
Even choices for the type of pulls on your kitchen cabinets.

There are others including all the stretches and the pretty cool outside kitchens but these are not new...
They are just limited compared to a builder outside of this place.

I think the Premiers may have a few more options, but not many more than the designers and ranches and villas. Certainly not a huge bunch or unlimited.

We had so little time, we went into a model and said...We would like this one duplicated. And then we left town.

Life is an adventure at times.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:58 AM
Veteran member
Default Lots with a view

Quote:
Originally Posted by SukiChu View Post
I am curious as to how much the average lot will cost. I am assuming you "own" the lot. Are lot costs different in each village even though they are the same size? I know that the lots "with a view" are going to cost more. My husband thinks he needs a view and I would like to know what to expect when we come for our "Preview" on October 12. Thanks in advance. You all are so helpful !
Hi

It seems you are looking for a new home. Homes with real nice views in TV tend to be a bit pricey. IMHO you can get a view for a more reasonable price in a resale. It's just how high on your priority list a view is to you.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:02 AM
Veteran member
Default Home options

That was easy GG! In a way I prefer it that way...
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.