Feedback from Villager’s living in neighborhoods off Buena Vista north of 466

Closed Thread
Old 12-02-2021, 06:34 AM
Default Feedback from Villager’s living in neighborhoods off Buena Vista north of 466

Hi

We former Villager’s that lived between 466a and 44 for 8 years. We left because looking for something quieter….and now are missing all the things we loved about TV.

We have started looking going as far down as Palmer, but feel that once you cross 466 everything quiets down, less traffic, etc.

I am a golfer and my favorite golf courses in TV are all north on BV, plus TDS. Is there any blue tee groups that primarily play north? Always loved playing Lopez, but didn't look forward to the 10 mile trek.

Has there been a lot of turnover in residents? Are new residents welcomed with open arms? Are the neighborhood social groups active? I realize the average will be higher than the southern neighborhoods, but there are old 65 y/o and young 75 y/o (especially it TV).

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Paul
Old 12-02-2021, 07:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

We found if you are the first few to move into a neighborhood that still has original owners for 10 plus years, it’s a crap shoot.

Most welcome you, some tell you you are living in so and so house, we really miss them. Then you have some that are outright not happy, sometimes send not nice notes, about what you have or haven’t done to the house, original owner would have never done that. We have had 4 homes here, the 2 new homes neighborhood was great.

One preowned 8 yo neighborhood was good. The other 15yo house the kids sold house after parents passed away in nursing home. Tension about us buying was so bad, we just moved.
Old 12-02-2021, 08:16 AM
Gold member
Thanked 2,147 Times in 746 Posts

It's the luck of the draw I guess. We moved between 466 and 466A and have wonderful neighbors , all around our age... I have friends that live all around TV and love their neighborhoods. Most people here are friendly, and will welcome you, but there are always exceptions... Good luck in your search.
Old 12-02-2021, 10:54 AM
Default Just off 42...

There are two relatively new (3-4 years old) courtyard villa communities at the top of The Villages: Phillips and Soulliere villas. I live in Soulliere (my first house in TV), and it has what I imagine is the same combination of ages you would find in the newer communities down south. As a newer community there is less turnover of houses, but there are generally a villa or two for sale. Plus, it's 5 minutes away from Lopez via golf cart!
Old 12-02-2021, 12:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,008 Times in 1,003 Posts

i don't know how you'd feel about living in the 'dreaded' Fenney area, but it's VERY nice with welcoming neighbors. they're in the process of adding more to the hammock area, we'd love to have you
Old 12-02-2021, 12:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,939 Times in 5,278 Posts

We live in Bonita and happy here.

Some people we will socialize here and some outside of this Village.

New neighborhoods seem to develop friendships mostly within.

As someone else said it is a crapshoot and we found had to go out looking for friends mostly but did find them.
Old 12-02-2021, 02:34 PM

We live at Lake Sumter, but have friends in many different areas from far south to far north and everyone seems to love their area for the most part. I suppose there could be some pockets of "established" neighborhoods, but we find if you are happy and engaging people, you will find many, many friends here quickly. We moved into a very established area and everyone was most welcoming. Just an FYI, from our friends in the far south newer areas, they seem to be "party central"...so as long as you are up for that (or it is your thing) great...otherwise, ask around because from what we have seen/heard, these folks moving in south of 44 are everything we wish we were back at their age!

Last edited by Koapaka; 12-02-2021 at 02:44 PM.
Old 12-02-2021, 04:27 PM
Default Live in la Zamora

Great Great neighbors, all ages, good luck finding home here for sale, they sell as fast as they're on the market.
If your a tree lover, this is the village for you. Beautiful canopy of trees greet you.
Old 12-03-2021, 09:48 AM
Gold member

We love living north of 466! More tee times available and far less crowded in the winter. Many of the homes up here have the bonds paid off too. If you talk to many realtors they will tell you this is their favorite location in TV.
Old 12-03-2021, 09:50 AM
Gold member

Yes, the area in the far north is probably the most beautiful because of the trees. Some of them are over 250 years old.
Old 12-03-2021, 10:17 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,296 Times in 557 Posts

I moved into the North side and met many Original owners who are the Best people! Very fortunate to be accepted with all my shortcomings! Some of the most generous and loving people live in my area! Sometimes Good things happen to Good People! This is more than I deserve !
Old 12-04-2021, 06:56 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

My neighborhood is the best. Great social committee. Lots to do, golf groups, bridge, book clubs, parties, poker, travel, and I could be busy every day just in my village. But doesn’t everyone say that about there village? However in mine it’s really true. There are 9 golf groups, 6 card groups, 4 travel groups, swim groups, mahjong, dine around, a monthly rec center social, volunteer groups, and so much more. And we are a small village. And I know there are other villages that do the same things. Just spend some time and ask lots of questions before you buy.
Old 12-04-2021, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbartle1 View Post
Great Great neighbors, all ages, good luck finding home here for sale, they sell as fast as they're on the market.
If your a tree lover, this is the village for you. Beautiful canopy of trees greet you.
Hi, you didn't mention all the lovely traffic on 466 across from the new apartments and the lane construction on Morse Blvd and 466 by Hope Church.

As long as you're happy thats all that matters!
Old 12-04-2021, 09:13 AM
Default We love the are north of 466

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf54 View Post
Hi

We former Villager’s that lived between 466a and 44 for 8 years. We left because looking for something quieter….and now are missing all the things we loved about TV.

We have started looking going as far down as Palmer, but feel that once you cross 466 everything quiets down, less traffic, etc.

I am a golfer and my favorite golf courses in TV are all north on BV, plus TDS. Is there any blue tee groups that primarily play north? Always loved playing Lopez, but didn't look forward to the 10 mile trek.

Has there been a lot of turnover in residents? Are new residents welcomed with open arms? Are the neighborhood social groups active? I realize the average will be higher than the southern neighborhoods, but there are old 65 y/o and young 75 y/o (especially it TV).

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Paul
We are living in Chatham and indeed the pace of life is quieter. Very close to Lopez and Glenview courses and 4 executive courses. There is some turn over of houses and so an increase in the number of younger residents (including me).

When we bought, and before we moved in, we were invited to our neighborhood social group. A monthly pot luck and pokino game. There is also a Chatham monthly social group that is active. When we closed we only had a week in the house before returning home, but in that week my wife got to play with the regular Saturday women's golf. I joined the men's version but did not play because of the timing of the electronic golf sign up. I was amazed and impressed.

They are building a new Rec center up here, the First Responders Rec center. A resort style pool, Putt and Play course, lawn bows/croquet green, pickle ball, platform tennis and shuffleboard. This is on the west side of Buena Vista, where we already have an adult pool and a children's pool.

I am sure you can find a blue tee group to play with. Mine use to play blue but have moved to white as they aged. I am sure the pro at Lopez could help. As well as posting here and just asking around.

I would encourage you to come join us up north, way up north in the Villages.
Old 12-04-2021, 09:38 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,124 Times in 806 Posts

I know this sounds crazy, but I heard people actually drive into a neighborhood they think they might like.
Park their car on the street, then go house to house asking people what they like and dislike about living there.
Closed Thread

Tags
north, loved, residents, groups, feedback

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.