fell in love after our first visit

Closed Thread
Old 05-12-2011, 07:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Our house will be on the market in one week. We have it priced low...we listen to Bill and do everything he tells us. ......
Gracie, send me a signed check. Leave the amount blank. I'll take care of that part.

Best wishes for the quick sale of your home. Got my fingers, eyes, et al. crossed!

Bill
Old 05-12-2011, 08:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Hello Maxman,

We're from Belair in Harford County, about 35 miles northeast of you. We were also just down in TV for our first time from April 17th - 25th, they put us up in a $400K cottage just east of the LSL sales office. Came back on the auto-train, it's a nice way to go.

We listed our home with Advance Realty this past Tuesday night, they only charge 4.25% commission. The next morning at 9am, yesterday to be exact, we got a call that Long & Foster wanted to show our home at 10.

So we don't have a yard sign yet, no multi-lock and we're barely in the MLS system and the people bought our home. Cash deal, money verified and backed by Wegman's Grocery store. The new Wegman's Belair is located about 500 feet from our house and the buyers were the new Wegman's Belair assistant manager and the wife is the new Hunt Valley Wegman's manager. He'll be very close to work and she has to drive about 25 miles, but he's the one that doesn't like driving.

We just had inspection at 2pm this afternoon with them and everything went fine and they're flying back to Rochester, NY tonight.

I just got done on the phone with my sales agent at TV and we booked another LSV for June 6th, coming down for three days hopefully to put a deposit on a home. Right now, I'm thinking it's going to be a villa of some kind or a possible resale, but I definitely like the area south of 466. We've got closing on our home here June 29th, so I guess we'll become Villagers during the 4th of July.

I also play golf, I started as a teenager but then gave it up for forty years and then started back two years ago, I'm now 60. It was kind of like riding a bike, I've picked up right where I left off. I played Cane Garden when I was down there and shot an 80 from the white tees, and if I had known where everything was I could of done even better. The course wasn't too hard.
Hi John,
Wow, wow, wow. You must have a genie. What's you're third wish?

P

p.s., May all the rest of your days be as golden!
Old 05-13-2011, 09:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Our house will be on the market in one week. We have it priced low...we listen to Bill and do everything he tells us.

Please do not say you buried a statue of St. Joseph. I just can't do that.

But what I am interested in is duplicating your golf score from the white tees.

Tell me precisely how you did THAT!!!!
I thought about burying a statue but didn't, but I do wear a St. Joseph's metal around my neck.

The golf course I played at TV as compared to what I'm use to here works for my game. For my size of 5'9" 153 pounds I can drive past most other players my age, about 250 on average but sometimes not so straight. On our courses I will end up in the woods on 2 or 3 holes whereas on Cane Garden it was pretty much wide open and I found I had only short irons left to most greens. The day before I played the executive Heron and shot 33, so that was a good tune-up for irons.

Right now I'm getting ready for a community yard sale tomorrow, Saturday. Also, I had good luck in that the buyers want to buy most of my furniture but I still have a lot of other stuff to sell.

I found a really nice resale yesterday online. A 2 BR 2 BA rancher, built in 2005 with volume ceilings and fully furnished, which I don't need but it's very nice furniture. The home looked immaculate and was only $159K. The only downside I could see was it was in the Village of Tall Trees near the High School. The backyard has a wall, which is good privacy, but it's against businesses on the southside of 466 and only a couple of blocks from the football field. Does anyone think this location is more problem than it's worth?
Old 05-13-2011, 10:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
The backyard has a wall, which is good privacy, but it's against businesses on the southside of 466 and only a couple of blocks from the football field. Does anyone think this location is more problem than it's worth?
I have friends who might be your new neighbors. Same wall etc. They love it. The wall borders Parr Dr with business on the other side of the street.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:08 AM
Sage

John:

WOW!!!! What a quick sale. That's got to be the record!!! Congratulations.

Wow to your golf game. I am hoping your closing and move to TV goes smoothly.

I'm sure you will find a home that is perfect for you.

Best Wishes
Old 05-13-2011, 12:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
I have friends who might be your new neighbors. Same wall etc. They love it. The wall borders Parr Dr with business on the other side of the street.
Thanks, if it's still on the market come June 6th or so, I'll have to check it out. It also had white cabinets which is my first choice, we had remodeled here in 2008 and used white Dynasty cabinets with granite and stainless steel. Unfortunately they don't put stainless in the villas I've seen.

2BNTV, I'm addicted to golf. I was out here on New Year's Eve day, it was a beautiful 40 degrees but shot my best round of the year. At least I've got until June 29th until closing to finalize everything here. Now, what do I do with 3000 record albums?
Old 05-13-2011, 12:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Thanks, if it's still on the market come June 6th or so, I'll have to check it out. It also had white cabinets which is my first choice, we had remodeled here in 2008 and used white Dynasty cabinets with granite and stainless steel. Unfortunately they don't put stainless in the villas I've seen.

2BNTV, I'm addicted to golf. I was out here on New Year's Eve day, it was a beautiful 40 degrees but shot my best round of the year. At least I've got until June 29th until closing to finalize everything here. Now, what do I do with 3000 record albums?
If Pturner guessed right that you are a genie, your third wish might be to get a hole in one.

Google "record albums to PC" and a list of options comes up such as PC, CD, MP3 and iTunes. This will save you a lot of space and keep the quallity of your records intact.

A member that is more technically adept may be able to help you.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:53 PM
Sage

2BNTV Thanks, but I bought a USB turntable a few years ago but never really got into burning my records to CD. I found as we get older I no longer need to sit around and jam to my records.

I've been hooked on concert DVD's since 2003 and now have about 300 of them. It's so much better to watch a show on a wide-screen TV and hear the enhanced sound that DVD's produce running through my surround system. When we were at TV on our recent stay we went to Lake Sumter every night for the music. I've got a few ideas for the records, I heard that the local FYE store is now buying vinyl.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:13 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I thought about burying a statue but didn't, but I do wear a St. Joseph's metal around my neck.

The golf course I played at TV as compared to what I'm use to here works for my game. For my size of 5'9" 153 pounds I can drive past most other players my age, about 250 on average but sometimes not so straight. On our courses I will end up in the woods on 2 or 3 holes whereas on Cane Garden it was pretty much wide open and I found I had only short irons left to most greens. The day before I played the executive Heron and shot 33, so that was a good tune-up for irons.

Right now I'm getting ready for a community yard sale tomorrow, Saturday. Also, I had good luck in that the buyers want to buy most of my furniture but I still have a lot of other stuff to sell.

I found a really nice resale yesterday online. A 2 BR 2 BA rancher, built in 2005 with volume ceilings and fully furnished, which I don't need but it's very nice furniture. The home looked immaculate and was only $159K. The only downside I could see was it was in the Village of Tall Trees near the High School. The backyard has a wall, which is good privacy, but it's against businesses on the southside of 466 and only a couple of blocks from the football field. Does anyone think this location is more problem than it's worth?
We have friends who own a ranch home in Tall Trees and we have been very envious of their location. They have all kinds of shopping and restaurants within a mile or two. There are numerous banks in that area, not to mention a Super Wal-mart just up the street and several gas stations nearby. As far as I know the football field has never been an issue. If I was looking for a resale ranch I would most likely look in Tall Trees or Summerhill. As far as I am concerned that location has a ton more positives than it has negatives (I can't think of one!)
Old 05-13-2011, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Hello Maxman,

We're from Belair in Harford County, about 35 miles northeast of you. We were also just down in TV for our first time from April 17th - 25th, they put us up in a $400K cottage just east of the LSL sales office. Came back on the auto-train, it's a nice way to go.

We listed our home with Advance Realty this past Tuesday night, they only charge 4.25% commission. The next morning at 9am, yesterday to be exact, we got a call that Long & Foster wanted to show our home at 10.

So we don't have a yard sign yet, no multi-lock and we're barely in the MLS system and the people bought our home. Cash deal, money verified and backed by Wegman's Grocery store. The new Wegman's Belair is located about 500 feet from our house and the buyers were the new Wegman's Belair assistant manager and the wife is the new Hunt Valley Wegman's manager. He'll be very close to work and she has to drive about 25 miles, but he's the one that doesn't like driving.

We just had inspection at 2pm this afternoon with them and everything went fine and they're flying back to Rochester, NY tonight.

I just got done on the phone with my sales agent at TV and we booked another LSV for June 6th, coming down for three days hopefully to put a deposit on a home. Right now, I'm thinking it's going to be a villa of some kind or a possible resale, but I definitely like the area south of 466. We've got closing on our home here June 29th, so I guess we'll become Villagers during the 4th of July.

I also play golf, I started as a teenager but then gave it up for forty years and then started back two years ago, I'm now 60. It was kind of like riding a bike, I've picked up right where I left off. I played Cane Garden when I was down there and shot an 80 from the white tees, and if I had known where everything was I could of done even better. The course wasn't too hard.
John, a huge congrats on the insanely fast sale..Your story is a dream for those of us who have their home's on the market. Please send some of your good luck vibes to Natick, MA...Our house went on the market this week and we are having our first open house this Sunday....

You will have a lot less stress during your LSV visit in June. After less than an hour on our LSV tour, we knew, without any doubt, we wanted to buy in TV - and we did.

Dan
Natick, MA
Village of Buttonwood 1/12/11
Old 05-13-2011, 04:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillagesFlorida View Post
We have friends who own a ranch home in Tall Trees and we have been very envious of their location. They have all kinds of shopping and restaurants within a mile or two. There are numerous banks in that area, not to mention a Super Wal-mart just up the street and several gas stations nearby. As far as I know the football field has never been an issue. If I was looking for a resale ranch I would most likely look in Tall Trees or Summerhill. As far as I am concerned that location has a ton more positives than it has negatives (I can't think of one!)
I know what you mean about that area, while on our LSV we went to Walmart twice and ate at Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Golden Corral and Steak & Shake. It seems to have everything up that way and it's just as easy to shoot down to 27 by using 466. I definitely want to see that rancher when I'm back in town.

In fact, back in the 70's when I lived in Florida, even though I didn't have a kid in school I used to go to Clearwater high school football games every Friday night. So that might be something I'd be interested in doing again. Also, I think I want to get back into playing softball and that location isn't too far from the softball fields I believe.

natickdan, I guess price is part of the solution. We put $65K into our home in 2008 doing a kitchen remodel; granite, stainless steel, white cabinets, bamboo floors, plantation shutters and a screen porch. Very Key West looking. The buyer told me she had looked at 9 homes before ours and liked some of them, but none had a remodeled kitchen and she had just remodeled her home in New York and didn't want to settle for anything less.

By price I mean, I didn't get anywhere near the return of our $65K on our sale. What I got was a faster sale over others and probably about $35K more than if I hadn't done any upgrades. Do I wish I hadn't made those improvements and kept my money in my pocket, probably not because my home would still be for sale.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:04 PM
Sage

Quote:

John, Congrats on your upcoming move to TV. JMHO, but I would really like to live close to shopping and restaurants -- easy access to shopping and restaurants will be something I will be looking for in a TV home. I live two blocks from one of the high schools in my town (2,500 students), and I don't find it to be a problem. Besides when I drive past the high school in the morning on my way to work I get to see how many of the students are driving nicer cars than what I drive.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:18 AM

John that's wonderful news on the sale of your home. It gives us hope that we can do the same. Also John that was quite an impressive round of golf after a 40 year layoff. You must be a natural. Maybe we can join up for a round and talk Raven's football in TV.

Our condo association twice a year brings in a huge dumpster so the homeowners can get rid of stuff. Yesterday our dumpster arrived and I worked from 3:30pm (after golf) until 8:30pm filling up my car and hefting junk into the huge dumpster. We filled half of it by the time we were finished. Boy my wife and I slept well last night.

We have scheduled a meeting to get prices with a painter and carpet man who our Realtor recommends. We need to replace the upstairs carpet, the other two floors are hardwood, and paint the entire interior of the house.

It feels great to be off and running towards our ultimate goal of TV!
Old 05-14-2011, 01:31 PM
Sage

Maxman, the golf is like I posted before, it was like riding a bike for me. When I started back in 2009 I was shooting 95, only once did I go over a 100. The second summer, 2010 I was breaking 90 regularly. However, shooting low 80 I've only done that well twice here, an 80 at Geneva Farms on New Year's Eve Day and a 78 at Furnace Bay in Perryville last summer. That's why I was kind of surprised how well it went that day at Cane Garden, but I never got into much trouble and kept the 3 putts to just a couple.

Last weekend we found a fellow that brought over a 7 X 10 trailer and we filled with junk and he took it to the dump all for $75. My house was painted new inside in 2008 when I remodeled, so I just took a can of paint around and touched up where it was needed. I have hardwoods on the main level but berber carpeting on the 2nd floor and basement but it didn't look that bad after 13 years, we bought the house new in 1998.

I played golf with a fellow I just met one day last summer at Wetlands and through talking I found out he was selling and moving to TV. Anyway, he moved last August and I have stayed in touch with him via email. I looked him up when we were there last month, he bought a new designer in Buttonwood. He just bought his mother a patio villa also in Buttonwood. I'm hoping to get into that area because it's fairly close to LSL and I liked the area, and he said I could be on their softball team.

I asked him about watching the Ravens and he said he had NFL Sunday ticket. I guess I'll have to go that route, I've got Directv now and plan on staying with it.

I just got in from our community yard sale, unfortunately the rain cut it short but I did get rid of everything I took out. Didn't do too bad, took in a couple of hundred but at the end gave a lot of stuff away just to avoid bringing it back into the house.

We'll have to stay in touch and play some golf when we both become Villagers.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.