Fenney and Coleman Prison

Fenney and Coleman Prison

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 05:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Kennedy View Post
Moved to Fenney August 10, 2018. Just discovered we are a short walk (2-3 miles as the crow flies, with no natural barriers) from a Federal Penitentiary housing 7000+ inmates!! Why in the world are the Morses building so close to a long established penitentiary?? These are typically great distances outside neighborhoods. This is insane and the stigma alone should impact values in a huge way. Shame on you developers for not notifying us of this.
Why would anybody who really felt duped like described above try their case on TOTV'S. Have we learned from past practice that the first post from a person that comes out blasting on any issue is usually a DUD. This is a place to share your thoughts but maybe you should lawyer up?????

If this is, in fact, true that you were not notified about the Prison then rest assured that it is NOTHING to be concerned about. I am not aware of any legality that specifically requires a realtor to warn about such a thing.

I worked in a Quarry in N.J. that was in the middle of the woods in Millington N.J. It was a very productive place producing all sizes of stone in order to build Highway's, Buildings, Foundation and Million Dollar Homes after 20 years in the woods blasting and operating nicely once the big league homes went in the problems started just like the Quarry near Fenney. Yet the McMansions needed the stone and concrete that the Quarry made possible with their product. Can't have it both ways.

Cut the Fenney Bashing Out. It is wrong to degrade the people who worked their entire life and then read something negative about the place they chose to enjoy their retirement. The Fenney area may not be for everyone but it is Beautiful and I'm sorry for a report like this from someone who didn't do the homework properly.

Last edited by Nucky; 09-17-2018 at 05:20 PM.

Old 09-17-2018, 05:20 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Federal Penitentiary housing 7000+ inmates!! ...
If you include all the Villagers that are here from the Federal Witness Protection Program the number would be more like 15,000.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2018, 05:49 PM
Veteran member

Another example of Morse family not identifying the issue, similar to the Morse bridge
Old 09-17-2018, 06:14 PM
Gold member

Corrine Brown is also at Coleman. She was a Florida representative in the US House. Lots of news when she was sentenced.
Old 09-17-2018, 06:14 PM
Sage

///

Last edited by John_W; 09-18-2018 at 03:19 PM.
Old 09-17-2018, 07:15 PM
Sage

I wouldn't be too worried.

An escapee would probably be wanting to immediately blend in and in most of TV, that would be by stealing a golf cart...and driving on one of the plethora of MMP`s.

Since Fenney isn`t connected to any....

Old 09-17-2018, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Moved to Fenney August 10, 2018. Just discovered we are a short walk (2-3 miles as the crow flies, with no natural barriers) from a Federal Penitentiary housing 7000+ inmates!! Why in the world are the Morses building so close to a long established penitentiary?? These are typically great distances outside neighborhoods. This is insane and the stigma alone should impact values in a huge way. Shame on you developers for not notifying us of this.
LOL, I lived in Auburn NY, State Maximum Security prison in the middle, I mean the middle of the city. Almost 1800 Maximum security inmates. I worked there for over 30 years.
Old 09-17-2018, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjn5656 View Post
Another example of Morse family not identifying the issue, similar to the Morse bridge
Please STOP! Get real
Old 09-17-2018, 08:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcar View Post
Please STOP! Get real
rjn is stirring the pot......he knows better (I hope)

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-17-2018, 08:17 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
rjn is stirring the pot......he knows better (I hope)