Finally on the market

Closed Thread
Old 01-22-2011, 10:50 AM
Location: Philadelphia PA, North Wildwood NJ, Village of Tamarind Grove - June 2011
Default Finally on the market

This is only my second time posting so first I want to say thank you to everyone on TOTV for the wealth of information you all provide concerning purchasing a home in the Villages.

My friend Terry has been looking forward to retiring from the railroad - which she will as of April 1st - and for many years has dreamed of living in the Villages. I went with her in early November for a lifestyle visit and absolutely fell in love with it! Just like everyone says.... it is a Disneyworld for adults! Today she is there purchasing her dream home - a Siesta in Buttonwood.

And after a few months of cleaning out my house and having a little freshing up done inside I finally put my house in New Jersey on the market yesterday. Yeah!!!! I am hoping it will not be on the market too long so if you all could keep your fingers crossed for me and say some prayers if you are so inclined.

Once again... thank you all so very much and I look forward to meeting all of you once I can finally call the Villages my home too.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:06 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Good luck! Hope you get down here soon and congrats to your friend for being able to make the move. Hope we get to know you better as time progresses.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-22-2011, 11:16 AM

SeashoreCaroline....I wish you all the luck with the sale of your home in NJ. Where in NJ? We moved here last April from Brick NJ. Very happy to be here right now! Can't handle Jersey's weather anymore! Be patient Caroline.. it took us 3 LONG years to get here...but it's well worth the wait! You CAN do it!
Old 01-22-2011, 11:19 AM
Location: Winter - Village of Bonita; Summer - Marblehead, OH

Fingers and toes are crossed. Will say some prayers too, for a speedy sale.
Gracie will leave the light on for ya.

Today's new friend become tomorrow's family

Ohio - Cleveland, Lakewood, North Ridgeville, North Olmsted, Marblehead, Elyria; Florida - Village of Bonita (2010)
Old 01-22-2011, 11:50 AM
Sage

Congrats and good luck... the best is yet to come!
Old 01-22-2011, 12:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Caroline! Good for you. You will be so welcome here and love it dearly I am sure.

But Caroline, you do know we don't.... um...have a seashore?
Old 01-22-2011, 03:50 PM
Sage

Hoping for a quick sale for you, caroline!

Bill
Old 01-22-2011, 05:47 PM

You go girl! Taking the first step is the hardest, now comes the fun.

God bless yea
Old 01-22-2011, 06:59 PM

Caroline,

We, too, have our house for sale in NJ and are waiting for it to sell to get down to TV fulltime. We had a buyer who pulled out three weeks before the closing and had already made plans to purchase our new forever home in TV. Well, we went ahead and bought it and spent a wonderful week there after Christmas. We'll come down again in April to spend two weeks. THings here have been tough; we have not had even a nibble since the holidays, but we're scheduled for an open house next Saturday and are remaining positive that there is someone out there for whom this house is perfect. I hope that you find that person for your home soon too.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak44070 View Post
Fingers and toes are crossed. Will say some prayers too, for a speedy sale.
Gracie will leave the light on for ya.
What she said.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:27 PM
Location: Philadelphia PA, North Wildwood NJ, Village of Tamarind Grove - June 2011

Thank you all for your kind wishes! Pookirgirl - I live in North Wildwood which is primarily a summer seashore community (cold and deserted in the winter) and am about four blocks from the beach. Graciegirl - that's why I use the name seashorecaroline. Hey... once I move to the Villages can I change my name to villagescaroline. LOL And Pklein - I will say some prayers and keep my fingers crossed your property sells next weekend at your open house. Thank you all again and hopefully the next time I post it will be to let you know I sold my house.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:58 AM
Default Caroline

I will also keep my fingers crossed for you. We are putting our home on the market and hoping the right buyer will come in. The wonderful people on this formum give me my TV fix everyday. I feel like I already know many of you. Good Luck
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.