Finally, a new Model Train Store coming to town

Closed Thread
Old 08-11-2021, 04:01 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts
Default Finally, a new Model Train Store coming to town

A much needed model train store is coming to town. Nick's Vintage Trains will be opening in mid September offering for sale a large display of vintage Lionel O gauge model trains and accessories along with some American Flyer O, S, and Standard gauge trains. Nick's is also a value added Lionel retail store offering in stock and catalog order Lionel products along with several other brands of trains and accessories. They are also buyers of used model trains and model train collections. The new location will be at 113 N. Main Street in Wildwood directly across from City Hall.
Old 08-11-2021, 06:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
A much needed model train store is coming to town. Nick's Vintage Trains will be opening in mid September offering for sale a large display of vintage Lionel O gauge model trains and accessories along with some American Flyer O, S, and Standard gauge trains. Nick's is also a value added Lionel retail store offering in stock and catalog order Lionel products along with several other brands of trains and accessories. They are also buyers of used model trains and model train collections. The new location will be at 113 N. Main Street in Wildwood directly across from City Hall.
My grandkids will love it.
Old 08-11-2021, 07:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

I hope they have other hobby related items, I have been looking for a hobby store close by.
Old 08-14-2021, 06:01 AM
Veteran member

A very specialized store today sells most of their stuff over the internet. It has Ben to me that most people do model trains only when it's raining outside otherwise they play golf
Old 08-14-2021, 05:09 PM
Sage
Default New Model train store on the way

A new model train store is coming to town. A brick and mortar store is a rarity these days. Scheduled for a mid September opening it will be located on 301 in Wildwood across from City Hall.
Old 08-14-2021, 07:02 PM
John41

Nobles hobby shop was there but didn’t carry trains. Hope this is part of the Wildwood revitalization plan. As a model railroader I welcome the store.
Old 08-15-2021, 02:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luggage View Post
A very specialized store today sells most of their stuff over the internet. It has Ben to me that most people do model trains only when it's raining outside otherwise they play golf
That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
Old 08-18-2021, 10:56 AM

I model mostly smaller gauges than those listed, but I'll definitely check them out and am sure they'll get at least some of my money! Agree with others here, a nice large general hobby shop would be a nice addition too.
Old 08-18-2021, 12:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luggage View Post
Who is this Ben? You might want to rewrite your post.
Old 08-18-2021, 12:25 PM
Sage

The problem with having a general hobby store is the space needed and the cost of inventory over and above the cost of filling the store with model trains. I know trains, especially postwar and prewar Lionel but I don't know anything about other hobbies. I might eventually get into RC cars and boats as there is a course at Everglades and another one going in I believe on the other side of the Turnpike.
Old 08-18-2021, 12:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Who is this Ben? You might want to rewrite your post.
Ben must be the guy who told him that everyone living here are golfers and they are on the courses all day long therefore not having time for model trains except on rainy days LOL.
Old 08-18-2021, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
The problem with having a general hobby store is the space needed and the cost of inventory over and above the cost of filling the store with model trains. I know trains, especially postwar and prewar Lionel but I don't know anything about other hobbies. I might eventually get into RC cars and boats as there is a course at Everglades and another one going in I believe on the other side of the Turnpike.
Totally understand, and in my experience trains get 2nd class status in most 'hobby' stores so one dedicated just to them makes me an instant customer. I look forward to checking the store out, thanks!

Last edited by Road-Runner; 08-19-2021 at 07:04 AM.
Old 08-18-2021, 08:10 PM

Sounds like fun...O guage MTH DCS for me...all units powered in the video. PanAm Guilford towards the end.

MTH MU CSX NS PANAM GUILFORD - YouTube
Old 08-19-2021, 06:43 AM

The Villages Florida

we will be seeing these on the cart paths soon? I suppose its better than the endless line-dancing that breaks out nightly in every square and every karaoke event...
Old 08-19-2021, 06:52 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

I sold RC aircraft as a Horizon Hobby dealer for several years through my computer store the Hackery. As a private pilot and aviation enthusiast, I had fun but didn’t make a lot of money doing so. I would wish the owner of the train store well and tell him to have fun.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.