First time posting- Villages wannabe

Closed Thread
Old 12-17-2010, 03:46 PM
Smile First time posting- Villages wannabe

Hi, Everyone! I have been lurking around this forum for several months now, and hope to visit the Villages in Spring or summer with Hubbie. Our main concern for making the move is health care and I will probably post on the health care section. But I was also wondering what is a good time to visit on the Lifestyle preview, sometime between april and Oct. ?? Which month would be better than other months. Don't want to go when it is too crowded.
thanks!
Old 12-17-2010, 03:58 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by california dreamer View Post
Hi, Everyone! I have been lurking around this forum for several months now, and hope to visit the Villages in Spring or summer with Hubbie. Our main concern for making the move is health care and I will probably post on the health care section. But I was also wondering what is a good time to visit on the Lifestyle preview, sometime between april and Oct. ?? Which month would be better than other months. Don't want to go when it is too crowded.
thanks!
We did our Lifestyle in June. We've lived in Florida before but I wanted to make sure my spousal unit remembered the high humidity and would be okay with it. Also, it's a little cheaper to do the Lifestyle in the summer months. And, as you point out, it's much less crowded in summer. I recommend June or July.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:58 PM

Any time is a good time in The Villages!! Summer is a good suggestion to be immersed in the humid weather and the winter visitors have departed. You'll love it no matter when you come.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Welcome to the forum.

I know that you will fall in love with TV whenever you decide to visit. It is just so much fun and so friendly.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:47 PM
Sage

California Dreamer,

You were correct that anytime between April and Oct. is a great time to visit. We're glad you've decided to post and hope you'll continue to join our conversations.

Whenever you come, you will find that there is no place like TV. You're going to love it!
Old 12-17-2010, 09:11 PM
Sage

As others have already mentioned, ANYTIME is a good time to come to TV. But you'll find that outside of Jan. through Mar., things won't be too crowded.

Regardless of when you elect to come, though, just remember.............bring your checkbook. You're liable to need it!!!

Bill
Old 12-18-2010, 01:19 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Being a Northern Californian, I'd suggest before the humidity gets too high -- April, May or June. It really is hard to adjust to the humidity at first, but it is bearable. To try TV out during the really humid months would not be fair to you or to TV. You'd have to leave before your body had a chance to adjust. If you come in June, you'll get a taste of the humidity without being overwhelmed.

Otherwise, you're bound to love it here. Wonderful people; great activities; many choices in housing.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 12-18-2010, 01:50 AM
Sage

October is nice too.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 12-18-2010, 05:35 AM
Veteran member

Anytime is a great time to visit TV. April and October are great months to visit Florida.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:18 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by california dreamer View Post
thanks!
We are seasonal residents from October through April. So if you want to avoid our ilk, I'd suggest you visit May or September. If you'll be living full time in TV and want to experience the summer humidity, try a July visit.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:35 AM
Sage

I think May is the absolute best month for a first visit. We've been down for our vacation visits in many months but we love May.

Reasons:

Rental costs (or Lifestyle visit costs) are lower.

The temp is hot enough for swimming - cool enough to do every other activity. Lanai sitting is especially enjoyable due to the somewhat lower humidity as Red mentions.

Crowds have gone (most leave prior to April 15). Golf times are readily available. Ditto for restaurants.

But still enough people to get a good flavor of what TV has to offer.

Make a good plan for your visit and you'll end up opening up that checkbook soon enough!

Enjoy.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:49 PM
Veteran member

The Villages does have great health care facilities as well as assisted living facilities in the area - but that is not the reason most people come to live in The Villages. It is an active community with many, many clubs and activities. People bike, kayak, canoe, play softball, tennis, pickleball, and many other activities as well as cards, quilting, music, acting, and beer crafting.

Naturally, golf is the number one interest for both men and women.

I host a poker group at my house every week and I am the only married guy at it. The others tell me of the single scene in The Villages - and it sounds very nice - but I am happily married.

Restaurants abound in the area, Happy Hours so many places and times, and great clubs like Glenview and Nancy Lopez.

Best time to visit would be in mid-May. It is warm, doggone snowbirds have left, but the love bugs might be out.

Come and enjoy.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.