Floor plans

Closed Thread
Old 01-05-2011, 04:19 PM
Default Floor plans

My wife and I stopped by TV over the holidays. We got a tour of a couple Designer homes with the real estate agent there and loved them. My questions are regarding how the floor plans have evolved over the years and which neighborhoods have what plans. No doubt the models we looked at are different than the ones offered 20 years ago and I need some advice as to where we should be looking. We have 1 year left on our mortgage in Illinois and anticipate selling our home for $350K-$400K. The plan is to do just that, retire, and buy a home in TV.

1) I'm a avid pool player and can't imagine not having a pool table in my home. Are there any models, past or present, that have a 2nd bedroom in the 14 x 18 foot range?

2) How about a dining room, as part of a great room that could accomodate this dimension?

3) Also, gotta have a view of a golf course or nature area. We have that now in Illinois and won't sacrifice it and have to look into someone elses Lanai 20 feet away.

4) Are any of the neighborhoods built better in regards to building materials and contractors used? Are any simply more desirable?
Old 01-05-2011, 06:48 PM
Sage

There are pool tables in most if not all the recreation centers throughout the villages. As an avid pool player, there are also many leagues. Between league play and open play, you may not feel as much need to have your own table.

There are some floor plans with a dining area in the great room that may accommodate a pool table, although you may need a shortened stick on one side.

There is a website run by a realtor that has the floor plans for models no longer being built, but I cannot find or remember the address. I'm sure someone else will chime in with that info.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:55 PM
Default floorplans old and new

The realtor is Lyle Gant - lylesellsfla.com - he has a list of the older models as well as the newer ones. Good luck. Sounds like you have a plan!!!
Old 01-05-2011, 08:06 PM

If you want room for a special hobby or need extra garage space, look for a home with a larger-than-normal lot and do an addition. Construction here is very inexpensive.

You can check out the lot size of any house listed by entering its address in the county property assessor's website: for Sumter County it's
http://www.sumterpa.com/GIS/Search_F.asp

OR use the Sumter County GIS website -- it even lets you measure the lot
http://www.sumtergis.com/gis/
Old 01-05-2011, 08:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurnee_steve View Post
My 4) Are any of the neighborhoods built better in regards to building materials and contractors used? Are any simply more desirable?
To this point: TV's a captive audience when it comes to contractors - you don't get to pick and choose when it comes to building a house. It's all dictated by the developer and the general contractors they use. Construction materials have evolved over the years - ex. some houses that were built in the past have single pane windows whereas the newer the place, the more likely it will have double pane glass. Re: Desireability. "Beauty's in the eye of the beholder" with that one. For instance, some prefer a house that has CBS (concrete block and stucco) exterior walls (or one that has poured walls) versus one that's stick-built with vinyl siding. Some prefer new construction over resale. It pretty much just comes down to personal preference.

Bill
Old 01-05-2011, 08:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
My wife and I stopped by TV over the holidays. We got a tour of a couple Designer homes with the real estate agent there and loved them. My questions are regarding how the floor plans have evolved over the years and which neighborhoods have what plans. No doubt the models we looked at are different than the ones offered 20 years ago and I need some advice as to where we should be looking. We have 1 year left on our mortgage in Illinois and anticipate selling our home for $350K-$400K. The plan is to do just that, retire, and buy a home in TV.

1) I'm a avid pool player and can't imagine not having a pool table in my home. Are there any models, past or present, that have a 2nd bedroom in the 14 x 18 foot range?

2) How about a dining room, as part of a great room that could accomodate this dimension?

3) Also, gotta have a view of a golf course or nature area. We have that now in Illinois and won't sacrifice it and have to look into someone elses Lanai 20 feet away.

4) Are any of the neighborhoods built better in regards to building materials and contractors used? Are any simply more desirable?
Hi Gurnee_Steve,

I see this is your first post. Welcome to TOTV!

I don't think you will have a hard time finding a designer or premier home on a golf course. The recreation centers have pool tables, so you'll be an easy golf-cart ride away, where ever you live in TV. If you want one in your home nonetheless, a lot with room to add or expand a room might be your best bet, as bike42 said.

Your TV agent and MLS Realtor should be able to help you find a lot and home with the flexibility to accomodate a pool table, either as is or with an addition. If you consider resales, use an MLS Realtor familiar with TV in addition to your TV agent, as they don't share their listings with each other.

I don't think any neighborhoods are better built than others. TV uses it's own team of contractors so quality should be fairly consistent.

Congratulations on your pending retirement. You are making a fabulous decision to move to Lower Paradise. There's no place like TV. (heal click)
Old 01-11-2011, 03:09 PM
Veteran member
Default Needing a pool table

Quote:

My observation:
Unless you want to put the pool table in your living room, and you want a new house, you will need a premier house. Or pay lot's of money for a house with a large lot plus the cost of your expansion. If a resale is not an issue, then buying in one of the more mature areas will present houses that have larger extra rooms or room to expand. Just be willing to pay the $$ for large lots with golf views. $100k plus is probably a good budget.
Do you plan to sell before you buy? I have been agonizing about that question as well.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.