New Wannabe

Closed Thread
Old 07-11-2012, 10:17 AM
Talking New Wannabe

Hello all,

My name is Kevin and I am from up North. (MA) I visited family in The Villages a couple of years ago and saw enough to know I wanted to see more. We spent a week there this past January 2012 and now know this is the place for us. My wife agrees, so no convincing is needed. Now I'm just trying to figure out how we can get there sooner rather than waiting for our official retirement age. I have a a great job with a very good and stable company and am not sure how soon I'll be able to pull the trigger and leave for TV.

It is likely we will buy before we live there as I have this recurring dream of tooling around TV in my shiny golf cart on my way to my softball game, to watch a movie or to dine out. It doesn't matter, the dream is always the same. To be honest I have lost many winks thinking about TV while I try to fall asleep back here at home.

Can't wait to start living the lifestyle!
-Kevin
Old 07-11-2012, 10:34 AM
Sage

to TOTV from another wannabee.

TV has that effect on people but do yourself a favor and investigarte before you make the leap as job salaries are not going to be the same, (much less).

I constantly daydream about being in TV.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).

Last edited by 2BNTV; 07-11-2012 at 10:35 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-11-2012, 01:40 PM

Thanks 2BNTV,

I have considered the salary deal. My wife has a type of job that may allow her to tele-commute and work via the internet. Must be nice right. When it snows here, she gets to work from home. So the plan would be for her to earn the Northeast salary for the last few years or so while we get to play at the same time. Good advice for sure though. I agree folks should do their due diligence and take a lifestyle preview at the very least.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

you can always rent and think about it while you enjoy TV
Old 07-11-2012, 09:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
you can always rent and think about it while you enjoy TV
Kevin, Welcome to TOTV from another wannabee. I agree with asianthree, I would rent in a few villages to see what area of TV and type of home you prefer. I have rented three times already, and I will be back renting in October. Each time I have rented in a different part of TV. I still work full time , so I can only rent for a week or two at a time, but weekly and monthly rentals are pretty easy to come by from May through November. Good luck to you, and keep reading and posting on TOTV.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:56 AM

Schaumburger, I like your idea of renting in a few different areas. Last time I was in Amelia and it was very nice. But who's to say that I wouldn't like another area better. We plan on renting a couple more times before we buy, so moving around is a very good idea.

Thank you!
Old 07-12-2012, 11:18 AM
Gold member

to the TOTV forum. Testing the waters first in different areas is always good advice.
In reality, they're different!
Old 07-12-2012, 12:48 PM
Gold member

Welcome to the world of wannabe insomniacs....the one's that lie awake at night, imagining the house they will buy, mentally going through everything in the current home to decide what to bring, wondering how much you will miss family (and friends) then determining 'to heck with that, we'll take them to DisneyWorld when they come to visit'..then the thought "Oh no, what if all the homes are sold by the time we actually get to move down there??"
...You will also find that friends and family will be soooo tired of hearing you talk about it that they will begin packing your stuff for you..just to get you out of there...Again, welcome and know that you are not alone!!

Trish

Last edited by Trish Crocker; 07-12-2012 at 12:49 PM. Reason: misspelled word
Old 07-12-2012, 01:01 PM

Thank you Trish, that was a very thoughtful & funny post and probably quite accurate too. You made me smile in the middle of my workday. Yes, I know, work is a four letter word.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish Crocker View Post
Welcome to the world of wannabe insomniacs....the one's that lie awake at night, imagining the house they will buy, mentally going through everything in the current home to decide what to bring, wondering how much you will miss family (and friends) then determining 'to heck with that, we'll take them to DisneyWorld when they come to visit'..then the thought "Oh no, what if all the homes are sold by the time we actually get to move down there??"
...You will also find that friends and family will be soooo tired of hearing you talk about it that they will begin packing your stuff for you..just to get you out of there...Again, welcome and know that you are not alone!!

Trish
Believe it or not, it gets worse! We are 2 weeks from closing and the wait is just terrible! Throw in the preparations for the movers day and ..... well, I bet you've got it.
Don & Kaz
Old 07-12-2012, 09:07 PM
Gold member

we took the plunge the first day we visited TV. looked around, went into many model homes drove out to see empty lots and just picked one we liked. No renting or staying. Yeah, it's a good idea to rent but what the hey. We loved everything we saw and we knew it was what we wanted. Prior to the visit we saw the house we wanted on TV's website. When making the appointment we told our agent the house we wanted so he took us directly to it. Loved it even more in person.
Now the hard part is the wait. We can't retire yet. We have a few years but we plan on visiting as often as we can till we move in for good. First thing going into our home is the Golf Cart.
See you on the paths.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:58 AM

Oh noooooooooooo! It gets worse? You folks are nice, but you are also killing me here.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.